Steam Summer sale

Sekiro is $34. That game never goes on sale (except for a couple days during last BF). I know because I've been tracking it.

Last edited:
Sekiro is $34. That game never goes on sale. I know because I've been tracking it.

I mean you can get it far cheaper you're willing to play it offline on one of those weird "it's not your own steam profile" deals but I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Sekiro is $34. That game never goes on sale (except for a couple days during last BF). I know because I've been tracking it.
I loved the visual, audio, and story aspects of the game, but I'm gonna be honest, I suck at the game. It was incredibly discouraging for me to play, so I abandoned it.

I loved the visual, audio, and story aspects of the game, but I'm gonna be honest, I suck at the game. It was incredibly discouraging for me to play, so I abandoned it.

I'm a Dark Souls fan, so I think Sekiro is right up my alley :) I'm playing Battlefield 5 right now though, and I'm atrocious at it. Probably because my middle-age reflexes are not what they were in my youth.

I'll have to go through my wishlist and see if I want to spend $30 to get the $5 off. The sale prices are okay-ish, but an extra $5 is nothing to sneer at.

Yeah, gonna take a look at my wishlist tonight. I guarantee I woill send at leat $30 if the sales are on games I want.

Spent a whole $7.49 Solid Snake V Definitive edition for those times you just want to kill some time and shoot things.

store is giving me issues :( it logged me out when i added a game and i can't get back in.

Spent a little over $40 on Titanfall 2, Farcry 5, and some other games along with a DLC. Not a bad sale so far.

I miss the flash sales. With this format I will come back in two weeks and buy stuff from my wishlist. There isn't much reason to look every day. Oh well
While I won't say I miss them, as I typically spent more then, I do have to say it felt like more of a sale that way. Now I feel this should just be "the price" and stop calling it a sale.

Tempted about RDR2 but... 20% off isn't enough to pull me in.

Spent a little over $40 on Titanfall 2, Farcry 5, and some other games along with a DLC. Not a bad sale so far.
I also bought FC5. It's been slightly cheaper before but it's pretty close. The $5 off 30 was pretty cool though. I also picked up wasteland 2 (all time low!) and some of the RE games.
My son has been BEGGING for planet zoo, and that's $31-5 = $26 or so + tax. I bought him Planet Coaster & he has 1300 hours in it, so better than buying him a switch game he'll get bored of in 2 weeks...

Star Wars Squadrons is $35 with this. Very temped, might go in at $35. I assume we can cancel pre-orders made months in advance?

Still have the Epic coupon but it doesn't work on pre-purchases, expires 10/31. This game should release 10/2. So thinking of waiting then so I can get it for $30 flat.

Seems like Steam is trying to compete harder with their sale this summer.

This sale doesn't really offer much for me, but I will say that if you avoided Titanfall 2 due to Origin or The Outer Wilds* due to EGS, you owe it to yourself to buy and play both of those titles absolutely amazing games.

*Wilds, not Worlds, extremely different games.

Pretty much all my wishlist games are on sale, but still mostly not cheap enough to buy any yet. I'm waiting for the RTX/DLSS patch for Doom Eternal. RE3 Remake is still too short for $40. Jedi Fallen Order is tempting though for $30, and Deliver Us the Moon seems worth $17.50 too.

I really want to play Ace Combat 7, but keep reading how its 21:9 support is garbage and you have to hack the game to get it to work half-assed right. Anyone have any experience with that? A game like that seems perfect for 21:9, so it's stupid if I can't really use it and adjust FOV on any modern flight game where you want as wide of a view as possible.

Pretty much all my wishlist games are on sale, but still mostly not cheap enough to buy any yet. I'm waiting for the RTX/DLSS patch for Doom Eternal. RE3 Remake is still too short for $40. Jedi Fallen Order is tempting though for $30, and Deliver Us the Moon seems worth $17.50 too.

I really want to play Ace Combat 7, but keep reading how its 21:9 support is garbage and you have to hack the game to get it to work half-assed right. Anyone have any experience with that? A game like that seems perfect for 21:9, so it's stupid if I can't really use it and adjust FOV on any modern flight game where you want as wide of a view as possible.
Same opinion. Almost everything on my wishlist is only 20-40% off. Sale is not worth my time. I bought so much stuff from GOG during their summer sale that just ended, bathing in 80-90% discounts.

If you just want to play the games you can sign up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC for like $3 and play through Deliver Us the Moon as well as quite a few more (the new Ori, Void Bastards, etc.). Fallen Order is also on the Origin Pass thing at $15 for a month.

Awesome co-op game they're constantly updating the game with new items, features, power-ups, etc

Screenshot_2.jpg

as you can see is my game to go ;) even playing with random people is a blast you will always find other gamers helping each other out.

Probably going to pick up Walking Dead Saints and Sinners. That's probably all though unless I find some DLC on sale that I want. But I'll wait till 7/3 after the next humble choice gets released before I buy anything just in case. :)

The Civ 6 Platinum Edition for $47.43 is a pretty amazing deal. It's even better with the $5 discount.

Seems like that still seems to be the case which is lame. Works fine with black bars on the side but again, lame.

This looks pretty good but looks like you need to choose the right mod for your resolution/aspect ratio:

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I miss Steam's old Summer/Winter sales, where big name titles were often on sale for 80-90% off. Steam sales have gotten very "meh" over the last few years... but on the bright side, I guess we save a lot more by not impulse buying a bunch of stuff.

Copied straight from Epic Games Store lol ....SMH

No, there's been a threshold Steam sale in the past.

This Paypal $5 off $30 promotion from 2018:

https://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/steam-promotions/

And the Steam new-year sale from 2019 also had the same deal (*Any payment plan accepted)

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals...am-sale-deal-lunar-new-year-video-games-5-off

These both predate any Epic Game Store sales. It's them who are copying the master!

I still enjoy Steam sales. They aren't what they once were, but they're still fun. I just wish I could find some discounted Steam gcs to stack on the sale price.

I still enjoy Steam sales. They aren't what they once were, but they're still fun. I just wish I could find some discounted Steam gcs to stack on the sale price.
I remember the good ole days when you had to wait till noon everyday to get the daily deals. Fun times.

Back