Steam Summer Sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I'm glad the sale wasn't over the week of the 4th - I would have missed it with all the RL stuff going on. Now hopefully it'll start in the next week or so ;)

I didn't mind the sale not happening the weekend of the 4th. Like most people here I have an ever increasing backlog of games to play. So by the sale not being this past weekend it game me 4 solid days to knock a few games off the list in order to make room for more. I'm sure most of these people complaining the sale should have been this past weekend already have plenty of games in the backlog like many of us do and should have used that time to play some of them rather than worry about buying more.

It's also worth mentioning that the majority of Steam users don't give three shits about your US holidays

It's also worth mentioning that the majority of Steam users don't give three shits about your US holidays

Indeed. Though since the company itself is comprised primarily OF Americans and located IN the US, they probably do give a shit about July 4th. Plus, by your logic, I guess its "worth mentioning" that for half the globe, it isn't summer, either. Maybe, just maybe, the Steam Summer Sale is a tad more US-centric than you think. Or maybe just more than you'd like.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Plus, by your logic, I guess its "worth mentioning" that for half the globe, it isn't summer, either. Maybe, just maybe, the Steam Summer Sale is a tad more US-centric than you think. Or maybe just more than you'd like.

Just sayin'

What the fuck did i just read?

So back on topic, are we thinking the sale will occur this week or next week? I think it may happen this weekend OR it will start next week on Monday.

That's my opinion, but remember, with Valve Time, they typically DO have a method to their madness, and i think with the Steam Sales starting at the end of June or in the second week of July, that could point to it happening this week, this weekend, or next week.

So back on topic, are we thinking the sale will occur this week or next week? I think it may happen this weekend OR it will start next week on Monday.

That's my opinion, but remember, with Valve Time, they typically DO have a method to their madness, and i think with the Steam Sales starting at the end of June or in the second week of July, that could point to it happening this week, this weekend, or next week.

Friday or monday but most likely monday.

Wow calm down everyone. Just like Half-Life 3 it will happen when Valve is ready to make it happen :D

Friday or monday but most likely monday.

What makes you think it will be Friday or Monday? As far as I can recall, EVERY major Steam sale, Christmas and Summer, has started on a Thursday. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest they would be breaking that tradition.

Going purely on the past, it's quite likely that this Thursday, the 11th, will be the day it starts.

Not sure why everyone is getting their panties ruffled. TF2 and portal will be on sale again soon and you'll get a Kentucky Derby edition hat to wear and a card with your picture on it soon enough. ;)

Or the Steam sale is happening right now @ greenmangaming.com even better hehe :)

Last edited:
Indeed. Though since the company itself is comprised primarily OF Americans and located IN the US, they probably do give a shit about July 4th. Plus, by your logic, I guess its "worth mentioning" that for half the globe, it isn't summer, either. Maybe, just maybe, the Steam Summer Sale is a tad more US-centric than you think. Or maybe just more than you'd like.

Just sayin'

I would like to take this moment to really think about how butthurt and stupid your comment is.

That was great.

Plus, by your logic, I guess its "worth mentioning" that for half the globe, it isn't summer, either.

I guess it's worth mentioning that ~90% of the world's population lives in the northern hemisphere.

I would like to take this moment to really think about how butthurt and stupid your comment is.

That was great.

Coming to an American website and insulting Americans for celebrating their Independence Day is like going to a bar in England and insulting the Queen. It serves no purpose except to incite people and will never be taken kindly to.

Trolls.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back