Steam Summer Sale will start on June 23

WWE 2k16 is $14.99, going to grab that. I hope Dirt Rally goes under $35 so I can pick it up as well.

Doom for $35 might actually be a little tempting.

Anyone know if the performance one sees during the demo is accurate throughout the game? I was quite pleasantly surprised at how well the game ran @ 1440p on a single 970 (my other 970 is out on loan as one of the family computer's GPU decided to give out),

Also, anyone know of any decent diabloesque or metroidvania games? For the former I already have Grim Dawn and van Helsing, was thinking of picking up Victor Vran. No idea about the latter, but I am not too picky (especially about artwork, even anime style would be ok).

And probably also going to pick up the Sega Genesis pack and the Ys pack.

Kinda wish I could have held off on DOOM, but they really did deserve my $60 so I'm not mad. On the other hand... (or not?) so many games for under $10, must resist!

Valve making you go through the queue to get cards, it really is a good way to learn about new/different games and I definitely feel the urge to purchase some of the lesser-known stuff.

I enjoyed the demo for Doom but when I saw they want an additional $40 for DLC, I decided to pass.

Bought Doom and I really like it. It really feels fast like the original doom games, but man I suck at FPS games now. Though it's making me nauseous even with a FOV of 95. Very weird that I can play for hours in a third person game like Dark Souls 3 but just over an hour in an FPS and I am done for the day.

Undertale - $6.99
Life is Strange (whole season) - $9.99

Finally see what the hype is on these games.

Doom for $35 might actually be a little tempting.

Anyone know if the performance one sees during the demo is accurate throughout the game? I was quite pleasantly surprised at how well the game ran @ 1440p on a single 970 (my other 970 is out on loan as one of the family computer's GPU decided to give out),

Also, anyone know of any decent diabloesque or metroidvania games? For the former I already have Grim Dawn and van Helsing, was thinking of picking up Victor Vran. No idea about the latter, but I am not too picky (especially about artwork, even anime style would be ok).

And probably also going to pick up the Sega Genesis pack and the Ys pack.
Yes, performance is that gravy throughout the entire game. You might see some larger drops as the hordes get larger.

For Metroidvania games, check out the Metroidvania Bundle. Some of my personal recommendations:
  • Rabi Ribi
  • Axiom Verge
  • Apotheon
  • Odallus: The Dark Call
  • Dust: An Elysian Tale
Bought Doom and I really like it. It really feels fast like the original doom games, but man I suck at FPS games now. Though it's making me nauseous even with a FOV of 95. Very weird that I can play for hours in a third person game like Dark Souls 3 but just over an hour in an FPS and I am done for the day.
Try an FOV of 100. That is closest to the technically correct FOV on a 16:10 screen. On a 16:9 screen it will be 106.

I'm just in for the Steam Cards this sale......

I picked up COD Infinite Warfare and Dishonored 2 the day the sale started.

South Park The Stick of Truth for $8. Not sure if I'll grab anything else.

Stick of truth so far. Not much else I'm seeing. Maybe Subnautica for if I'm feeling crafty in the future.

I mostly like puzzle games and I don't like to spend more than $2.50 on a game unless it looks really great and it's a good deal. Picked up the following from Steam:

The Ball - $2.49
Rush - $0.49
English Country Tune - $0.49
Edge - $0.79
Mind: Path to Thalamus - $1.79
Magrunner: Dark Pulse - $2.49
Magnetic: Cage Closed - $1.99
Attractio - $1.99
Parallax - $2.49
Talos Principle: Prototype DLC - $1.24
Talos Principle: Serious DLC - $1.01

I finally picked up the Talos Principle and the expansion pack which are cheaper from other websites than on Steam:

Talos Principle - $7.19 from Playfield (special today only deal)
Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna - $3.56 from Gamebillet with 5% discount code JUNE5OFF

I can't recommend SOMA enough, if you like story driven games and enjoy sci-fi/horror it's one of the best, with a story that will stay in your mind long after finishing it.

What is SOMA?

"From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes SOMA, a sci-fi horror game set below the waves of the Atlantic ocean. Struggle to survive a hostile world that will make you question your very existence."

Save 50% on SOMA on Steam

been eyeing Beyond Earth/ Rising tide bundle for 20 bucks...yea yea, reviews say the game sucks but for 20 bucks and extremely low expectations, it can't be that bad for this price

craft the world is 80% off...now thats what i call a sale

I still miss the daily flash sales for 75% off...boy I use to snag alot of good games for that cost reduction

"From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes SOMA, a sci-fi horror game set below the waves of the Atlantic ocean. Struggle to survive a hostile world that will make you question your very existence."

Save 50% on SOMA on Steam

been eyeing Beyond Earth/ Rising tide bundle for 20 bucks...yea yea, reviews say the game sucks but for 20 bucks and extremely low expectations, it can't be that bad for this price

craft the world is 80% off...now thats what i call a sale

I still miss the daily flash sales for 75% off...boy I use to snag alot of good games for that cost reduction
Yeah, that was what made tuning in every day worth it. Now, it's to go thru the queue 3 times to get cards for a badge. Not the same, not even close.

Nothing much so far. Salt & Sanctuary is a whopping 10% off. Ditto with the Witcher Blood and Wine, which I'd rather have as part of the Witcher 3 "Expansion Pass" that includes the other DLC pack.
Nothing at all for SF5's Season Pass. AC Syndicate is only $25, which is tempting but I just can't bring myself to go for it after the snore-fest that was Unity.

At the price I couldn't resist Doom. I also picked up Grim Fandango Remastered and the Star Wars: X-Wing bundle for retro kicks, for my son I picked up Rocksmith 2014 to give him something to help him with his guitar practice. I can pick up picked up a few more games and still have reduced my backlog between sales.

Bethesda just pulled a shady move. Right after they announced the Special Edition I checked the price of Legendary Edition and it was $39.99. Fast forward a few weeks to the Steam Summer Sale and Legendary Edition is now $64.96 "on sale" 59% off for $26.65.

Last edited:
Sf5 is on sale for 40...is it worth it yet@that price?

Hmmm. Yeah, maybe. If you're a fan of the series and don't care about a normal arcade mode. Online play generally works well and the new story mode (which definitely isn't an arcade mode) is due next week. For all practical purposes (at least as far as Capcom is concerned), the game will be feature complete on Thursday.

Domingo what is arcade mode? I just want to play online (hoping the net code is really good) and play thru story mode for each character nothing else really matters to me...I've just been hearing so many mixed reviews that I'm unsure whether to buy it or not..

Grabbed Stardew Valley finally to take a look at it. Not normally my type of game, but with how much effort was obviously put into it, plus the fact it can be modded, I have no problem spending a bit on it even if I don't play it that much. :D

I went full on retard mode with this sale (retard as in I don't think I ever spent close to $100 in one transaction, all titles I got were indies).

8 bit armies
Victor Vran
Shantae - Curse of the pirates director's cut
Shantae - Risky's Revenge
Rabi Ribi
All of the Ys games.
Tales from the Borderlands

Still want to get a couple more too... >_<;;

Probably want to get the Sega Genesis Pack, Sonic the Hedgehod collecton, Doom, Elysian and a couple of others...... I think I am one of those who "complains about backlog, buys 100 games during Steam Sale" guys...

Anyone know if the Sega games are DRM'ed?

Man, I wonder if I should try those Ys games, I hear about them a lot but I never really tried them.

Man, I wonder if I should try those Ys games, I hear about them a lot but I never really tried them.

They are pretty good. Good prices too. Ys Origin has a demo if you want to see if you'd like them.

Domingo what is arcade mode? I just want to play online (hoping the net code is really good) and play thru story mode for each character nothing else really matters to me...I've just been hearing so many mixed reviews that I'm unsure whether to buy it or not..

So, there's no mode where you just fire it up and play 8-10 fighters in a row followed by a boss. The new story mode involves a series of animated cutscenes and slides where they take you through the game's storyline using all of the characters. It will kick in on Friday. The current story modes only have 2-3 fights each for each character. Calling them disappointing is the understatement of a lifetime. They take like 2 minutes each and they're incredibly easy.
Online play is pretty solid though. Not too much lag and even when there is, it's still much more playable than most other online fighters.
The game is very much back to basics, gameplay-wise. It's closer to SF3 with lots of normal attacks and limited giant/extended combos.

I picked up Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, Dragon's Dogma, Sniper Elite 3, Grim Dawn, Mad Max, and Undertale.

Back