Steam Summer Sale starts tomorrow.

I forgot to buy anything. Huehuehue

I bought Civ V and that was it, and I already regret it a little bit. I haven't bought much on Steam sales in the past few years. I prefer to buy games I actually play, don't wanna have that huge backlog :D

There were a few games I should have picked up. But, having tons of games I already need to play and having very little free time makes me less inclined to watch these sales like a hawk.

There were a few games I should have picked up. But, having tons of games I already need to play and having very little free time makes me less inclined to watch these sales like a hawk.

Same here. If I didn't have a job, then I'd have wished I had the money for it. As it is, I play my handheld more just because I commute to work on a train.

It's always funny when people go around with the whole "vote with your wallet" argument in certain threads, but then when the Steam sales comes they buy everything and complain about having a backlog. I don't think I've ever had a game that I bought and then regretted.

I DID IT!!!! I didn't buy one....single.....game!!!! hurrrayyy.

i didn't even gift bomb any of my friends

I bought the counter strike pack just because I didn't have source or go and my friends usually play them at lans. I bought a few indie games from amazon instead of steam because although amazon's price was the same as steam's, amazon offered better promotions.

The main reason I didn't buy more is that I have finally realized that there is no point to buying a game for more than $5 unless you are going to play it immediately.

I'm happy with what I purchased.

Borderlands 2 DLC
Dishonored + all DLC
Hitman Deluxe Edition
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Bioshock Infinite
Faster than Light
Sleeping Dogs

Yep, no complaints here, plenty of games to last until the Winter Sale.

Amen.

But I did buy a couple of games I was interested in.. gonna wait for when I get more time for others (Skyrim, Witcher 2, etc)

I bought :

Chivalry medieval warfare 6,24$ (but got charged for like 3$ only :confused:)
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition 4,99
Orcs must Die 2 ~3-4$
Deux Ex Collection ~5,99$

2013 haul.

Bioshock 2
Borderlands 2 4-Pack
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Borderlands 2 Season Pass ROW
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack
DLC Quest
Daedalic Bundle
Dark Souls (played PS3 version, but you know...)
FEZ Soundtrack Edition
Hotline Miami Sountrack
McPixel
Poker Night 2
Puzzle Dimension
Puzzler World
Stealth Bastard Deluxe + Soundtrack
Super Hexagon
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
The Witcher 2 (rebought because, why not)
Tomb Raider: Adventure Pack
Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Trine 2: Complete Story Upgrade
Universe Sandbox

I havent ever spent money on a steam summer sale

Until this year. I ended up buying borderlands 2.

I spent $10 on a few indy games. The weakest steam sale in years without the big bundles or dev packs.

It's always funny when people go around with the whole "vote with your wallet" argument in certain threads, but then when the Steam sales comes they buy everything and complain about having a backlog. I don't think I've ever had a game that I bought and then regretted.

I don't think that's a contradiction, waiting for a game to hit a certain price point before buying is voting with your wallet. For instance I won't pay full price for games with certain types of DRM but that doesn't mean I won't buy them at all, instead I wait until they drop enough to make up for the potential hassles(GFWL) or the loss of ownership rights(steam, origin, uplay).

I only picked up two games during the sale, I got Sleeping Dogs early in the sale and Last Remnant yesterday using the credit I got from selling cards with a little left over.

I was just about to 3 games when Steam asked for my CC again. How the fuck did I buy all those games before that? So 0 for me. No worries. I spend most of my time in SC2 anyways.

I have a habit of buying copies of games that I already have when it's at a steal price. Anybody else having that problem? :p

So far I've played a couple hours of Tomb Raiders and am enjoying it. I've also played several hours of Just Cause 2 and it's a blast, I love using the grapple, but then I started The Witcher 2 and haven't touched anything else since as I absolutely love it, although I'm still trying to get used to the controls.

So far I've played a couple hours of Tomb Raiders and am enjoying it. I've also played several hours of Just Cause 2 and it's a blast, I love using the grapple, but then I started The Witcher 2 and haven't touched anything else since as I absolutely love it, although I'm still trying to get used to the controls.

Keep an eye out on the Just Cause 2 MP mod. They just had a beta weekend that ended yesterday. They do 48 hour beta's every few months, and they are planning to launch this year. It's insanely fun. They host a 5,000 man server, and it's total chaos.

Keep an eye out on the Just Cause 2 MP mod. They just had a beta weekend that ended yesterday. They do 48 hour beta's every few months, and they are planning to launch this year. It's insanely fun. They host a 5,000 man server, and it's total chaos.

Tried this out, didn't have too much fun, its just a bunch of people running around shooting each other.

What would really be cool is a Co-op mod so you and a friend could play through the story.

Thanks, sounds like it could be fun.

Tried this out, didn't have too much fun, its just a bunch of people running around shooting each other.

What would really be cool is a Co-op mod so you and a friend could play through the story.

A co-op mode would be very cool.

Playing alone I don't think it would be very fun, but playing with a friend I really enjoyed. It's true that it's mostly people just running around killing each other, but that's half the fun. We enjoyed trying our hardest to escape with jets/helos and then doing stupid shit with them. Getting past the idiots was just part of the challenge.

I imagine when the mod is released there will be private servers. No idea if they are planning on having any story/co-op elements integrated though. I'd imagine not.

I didn't pick up too much this summer. One dud and one amazing game that I'm surprised I missed.

XCOM for a few bucks was the dud. Gameplay is repetitive and it just doesn't work out for me. Oh well.

Walking Dead was amazing. I don't know how I missed it or didn't really hear about it. I literally played through the whole thing in one long sitting. The storytelling sucked me in, the no-save thing kept me on my toes. That game messed with my blood pressure ;)

Almost made it through the sale buying zippo, BUT out of left field the Pinball FX sale sucked me in so I bought all the tables :eek:

Now my screens are all portrait & laptops on their sides...:D Whole family is having a blast with this one!

I picked up borderlands 2 before i had hip replacement surgery and played to about lvl 10. I wished i went ahead and picked up the dlc. I cant wait to get a new pc chair so i can get back to playing. The one i have is broken and too low to use right now.

Spent around 50 on steam:
----------------------------------------
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack 3.39
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack 3.39
Borderlands 2 Collectors Edition 1.69
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome 1.69
Borderlands 2 Psycho Dark Psyche Pack 0.66
Borderlands 2 Psycho Madness Pack 0.66
Borderlands 2 Psycho Supremacy Pack 0.66
Borderlands 2 Psycho Domination Pack 0.66
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 4.99
Torchlight II 4.99
Defiance Deluxe Edition 23.79
Poker Night 2 3.34

Amazon:
-------------
Borderlands 1 2 and BL2 Season pass 22$

War of the Roses
War of the Roses: BRIAN BLESSED DLC

The Secret World

SHOGUN 2 Otomo Clan Pack DLC

Portal 2 - Two Pack

The Witcher 2

I used the Shogun DLC to beat the game for the first time (111 turns)

I am really enjoying War of the Roses which was a game I never looked at before but my son bought it during the sale and it looked like fun.

I have not tried any of the other games.

I picked up a few:

Steam:
- Torchlight II - 4.99
- AC Brotherhood - 4.99
- AC Revelations - 4.99

Amazon:
- The Walking Dead - 5.75

Then just yesterday I bought the Trine collection for $3.74 or something. Around $25 spent for 6 total games? Not bad for probably 50+ hours worth of play time in there.

I picked up a few:

Steam:
- Torchlight II - 4.99
- AC Brotherhood - 4.99
- AC Revelations - 4.99

Amazon:
- The Walking Dead - 5.75

Then just yesterday I bought the Trine collection for $3.74 or something. Around $25 spent for 6 total games? Not bad for probably 50+ hours worth of play time in there.

Hell, some people spend 50+ hours in Torchlight II alone :p

It wasnt on sale during the sale because it was just released so you can buy it now and it would be the same price it was during the sale.

It's hard. It's definitely one of those things I want, but don't need. I'll probably just wait till Christmas

Yeah I know what you mean. I was tempted to pick up CIV 5 when I saw the sale price of $7.50 but then I saw that was just the base game and heard it wasnt that good unless you have also get gods and kings. Plus then there is brave new world which makes it even better so I decided to pass on it. Maybe by Christmas the CIV 5 gold will be $7.50 and ill pick it up then.

It wasnt on sale during the sale because it was just released so you can buy it now and it would be the same price it was during the sale.

Actually greenmangaming had it for 30% off (with a coupon) so only 21 bucks during the steam sale, but that deal expired.

Now you can get it for 20% off with coupon GMG20-NYMS7-460MO I believe (not sure if that one works on it or not).

I picked up Civ/Gods and Kings on the steam sale and bought BNW from them.

My first time playing Civ and I'm really enjoying it.

Actually greenmangaming had it for 30% off (with a coupon) so only 21 bucks during the steam sale, but that deal expired.

Now you can get it for 20% off with coupon GMG20-NYMS7-460MO I believe (not sure if that one works on it or not).

I picked up Civ/Gods and Kings on the steam sale and bought BNW from them.

My first time playing Civ and I'm really enjoying it.

Yeah, you need to watch all the major game sellers around the times of the Steam sale since they normally have big sales to try and compete with the Steam sale.

This year the only thing I got from anyone other than Steam was Crysis 3, which I got from Amazon for $17, But during Steam's Winter sale I bought more from Amazon and Greenmangaming then I did from Steam, since I got a better deals from them on most of the titles I wanted.

I bought nothing during the steam summer sale this year. Zero..."0"...nada...el empty-o. I have more than enough, plus upcoming dlc to keep me busy for a while. I did spend a buncha money at comic-con though and got to see Batman Arkham Origins. My wallet awaits the fall

Back