Steam Summer Sale starts tomorrow.

Just think of all that money you'll make selling your Steam trading cards... it's like an investment.

Update: Now over a 100e in, got another card.

Yeah, I'm just going to wait for the market to dry up, then in ten years or so when there's a "if you have all these badges you get a permanent +5% off" I'll put them up for A BAZILLION DOLLARS.

Heck, now I'm thinking I should just spend another 100e on cards alone.

New deals up in a minute. http://store.steampowered.com/news/11089/

Dishonored 66% off is... a must have, and Max Payne 3 at 75% isn't bad either.

site isnt working again hahaha. i would love to see the money spent on steam summer sale combined.

i sold my dragonclaw hook dota 2 item today for 82$ lol. wish i had sold it like 5 days ago though i think ive almost spent that much on games

It's kind of amusing when you add a few items to your cart and the store just drops them. "Neat" is the word, I think.

Seeing MetroLL on the Community Choice vote, not sure it's going to go any lower than 40% off.

I would not buy either Metro: LL or Bioshock Infinite if you are actually looking for a deal at the "sale" prices but only if you want to play them now.

Bioshock Infinite for $30. Think it will go lower than that?
Doubt it, it was a Daily Deal at the same price on the first day of the sale. I bought it and played a little ways in and had to force myself to stop because I really want to wait until I buy a new video card. I can tell it's going to be good and definitely worth $30.

Even if it goes $5 cheaper at some point it's well worth the $30. Just buy it now and enjoy the game, it is very good.

Or ...., he could wait till it sells for $5 like the rest of the games that eventually end up at that price point and play the 405434032740 games in his backlog instead.

Nothing is gained by playing BI now as opposed to after having bought it during the next Xmas sale or some such.

If you don't subscribe to the "must have it now" you can save hundreds and literally thousands of dollars by just buying it when it hits the lowest possible price. Not like there's nothing else to play in the meantime.

Or ...., he could wait till it sells for $5 like the rest of the games that eventually end up at that price point and play the 405434032740 games in his backlog instead.

Nothing is gained by playing BI now as opposed to after having bought it during the next Xmas sale or some such.

If you don't subscribe to the "must have it now" you can save hundreds and literally thousands of dollars by just buying it when it hits the lowest possible price. Not like there's nothing else to play in the meantime.

"Yeah wait 'til its a dollar, because f*ck those developers they exist only for our patience and indulgence.."

The value one derives from any form of entertainment is too individual to really make such sweeping claims. He might very well enjoy the game more if he were to play it now versus waiting a number of months for the price to drop.

The value one derives from any form of entertainment is too individual to really make such sweeping claims. He might very well enjoy the game more if he were to play it now versus waiting a number of months for the price to drop.

Of course.

This may not be a good choice of reference but remember how long Skyrim remained at $40+. And it's still $20.99 after 30% off.

$30 for a fairly new game is not that bad. I was under the impression that flash deals and daily deals might have different sales.

Woah, got a wave of emails of my account trying to be accessed from another computer. I tried logging in with my phone hours ago, but the times don't match up. I guess I'll change my password when I get home.

Of course.

This may not be a good choice of reference but remember how long Skyrim remained at $40+. And it's still $20.99 after 30% off.

$30 for a fairly new game is not that bad. I was under the impression that flash deals and daily deals might have different sales.

A good deal for either of these games would have been buying the video card bundle code.

Bioshock Infinite was also already available cheaper elsewhere at $24.

I have reiterate these two prices are not really good deals, this is based on following PC game prices for quite some time now, if you are looking to buy simply as a good deal. Only buy them if you want to play now. Don't buy it as this price just throw on a back log for instance.

"Yeah wait 'til its a dollar, because f*ck those developers they exist only for our patience and indulgence.."

These sales actually increase the developers revenue from my understanding. It has nothing to do with saying fuck the developers and everything to do with being an intelligent consumer.

If someone already has a backlog of games, I'm not sure why they should feel compelled to pay more than they have to for another game. It's the publisher/developer's responsibility to try and make money in a crowded market, not the consumer's responsibility to throw money away.

YAAAAYY!
That's the game I was waiting for! Is the DLC worth it?

If you're going to filter, get the story DLC, but I think City Trials is also worth it at this price certainly. The pre-order stuff is whatever. I actually got it today, though I'd have to replay the game to get any use out of it.

I havn't bought anything either...the 2 games I'm most interested in (Far Cry 3 and Metro: Last Light) probably won't hit my price point during the Summer Sale...might have to wait till the Winter Sale

I'll probably get Dawnguard if it goes up on Flash or Community Sale but I have such a backlog of games it might be better to wait for Winter to get it for even cheaper

If someone already has a backlog of games, I'm not sure why they should feel compelled to pay more than they have to for another game. It's the publisher/developer's responsibility to try and make money in a crowded market, not the consumer's responsibility to throw money away.

That's nice but nothing to do with my point. Some people in these Steam sale threads on this forum and others just come across as angry and entitled, and the game/sale/Valve/developer/DLC is "shit" if they're not getting a GOTY with all the DLC for $2.99. Doesn't require brain surgery to spot them and I'm not convinced they're even interested in playing these games. There seems to be a pervasive, blackfriday/slickdeals-slob mentality of needing to get one over.

Last edited:
That's nice but nothing to do with my point. Some people in these Steam sale threads on this forum and others just come across as angry and entitled, and the game/sale/Valve/developer/DLC is "shit" if they're not getting a GOTY with all the DLC for $2.99. Doesn't require brain surgery to spot them and I'm not convinced they're even interested in playing these games. There seems to be a pervasive, blackfriday/slickdeals-slob mentality of needing to get one over.

If people buy a game they don't even have an interest in playing, I'd say the real winners are the devs and publishers.

If people buy a game they don't even have an interest in playing, I'd say the real winners are the devs and publishers.

why would anyone buy a game they have no interest in just because it's available for cheap?...I've never done that and don't see myself ever doing it...a game is worth playing based on the quality of the game itself and not the price

as far as the poster who's criticizing people for waiting for games to go on sale for dirt cheap before buying it's the market that has created this...Steam sales have given people a reason to wait for huge sales...it's has nothing to do with 'getting over' on the developers...it's the same with any product, people want to pay the least amount of $$...PC games just happen to drop in value quicker then anything else on the market so people shouldn't be criticized for taking advantage of the market

why would anyone buy a game they have no interest in just because it's available for cheap?...I've never done that and don't see myself ever doing it...a game is worth playing based on the quality of the game itself and not the price

I picked up a copy of the Sims years ago so I'd have some idea what an ex-gf was talking about...

Some people have an obsession with collecting.

But I think what he means is people buying games they otherwise wouldn't be interested in at a higher price point.

I was tricked into voting for Skyrim for this round by them displaying $0.00 as the price for it at the time I voted. No way I am paying 36 bucks for it. Will buy it for $5 next year.

Heres for all of you anime nerds out there, I laughed so hard at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoGxA48HQ1g

Someone should tell them that wait is spelled w-a-i-t, as in, it was worth the wait, not it was worth the weight. Total fail.

I was tricked into voting for Skyrim for this round by them displaying $0.00 as the price for it at the time I voted. No way I am paying 36 bucks for it. Will buy it for $5 next year.

Did you really think they would give it away for free?

Someone should tell them that wait is spelled w-a-i-t, as in, it was worth the wait, not it was worth the weight. Total fail.

In the description.

In regards to the "typo" it's an ongoing joke among Half Life fans about how every time someone makes a joke about Gabe Newell's weight; he delays Half Life 3. Leading many people to start saying "It better be worth the weight" etc. I've been told Gabe made a comment regarding TF2 where he said "it'll be worth the wait" and this is the origin of the joke. The more you know!

Back