Steam summer sale June 21st

I don't know which game I want to pick up between Assassin's Creed: Origins, Nioh and The Surge....as a huge Dark Souls fan I want to pick up Nioh but although combat looks amazing I keep hearing that the environments are bland and the enemies are very repetitive...The Surge I hear is decent but not all that great but it's on sale for $13.59 so I'm tempted...AC: Origins sounds excellent but I know I'm not going to play it right away and by the time I do the game will be available for under $20

I want to try this game but I'm afraid it's probably the best looking top down game I ever seen. WOW they are working on another game called Shadows Awakening released in Aug. 2018 I'll post a link topside.

Got cup head, dbz fighter, mgsv, witcher 3 hollow knight, axiom verge..figured id start with cuphead holy crap is this game hard! I almost thought of returning it lol. Then I started getting the hang of it and it's a blast from my childhood past! Reminds me of old school Nintendo difficulty. Tried dbz last night but kept getting juggled and killed wth?!

So far picked up:

Post Scriptum

Sandstorm Insurgency

The Surge

Shadows Awakening

Spellforce 3

Tru' story I bought the game didn't like the controls refunded it so I bought the game again because I wanted it that bad I chose traditional controls instead of Spellforce controls and it played alot nicer and watched a few youtube videos it's a good game.

The Evil WIthin' 2

I bought this on CD keys though cause it was cheaper I got as far as the slide projector or just pass all the missing characters. Price really went down on this game I bought it originally at full price but refunded it before it launched.

I would of picked up Call of Duty BLOPS 4 on steam

I picked that game up on Battlenet just curious to see how the game plays out.
Not really a die hard have to hit prestige type of player just a good community with the game.

So far picked up:

Post Scriptum

Sandstorm Insurgency

The Surge

Shadows Awakening

Spellforce 3

Tru' story I bought the game didn't like the controls refunded it so I bought the game again because I wanted it that bad I chose traditional controls instead of Spellforce controls and it played alot nicer and watched a few youtube videos it's a good game.

The Evil WIthin' 2

I bought this on CD keys though cause it was cheaper I got as far as the slide projector or just pass all the missing characters. Price really went down on this game I bought it originally at full price but refunded it before it launched.

Damn each game has the letter S in it. Could be subliminal....

Or Saving Skrill if you don’t want anything :p

Actually I did grab a couple things, but not much...

I bought a second Steamlink because $2.50. Don’t know where I’ll put it, but... $2.50.

I bought one more copy of Borderlands and Borderlands 2 game of the year versions for my youngest daughter, who I’m allowing to play it now. Between my daughters and I we have a full four person squad now. :D

I think that’s it.

I get all my 2D indies when they’re on introductory sale, so I’m both supporting and getting a typically 10-15% deal.

Otherwise not much I’m interested in right now.

Witcher 3 or GTA V (edit: single player only), if I were looking for a fun time suck? I have liked games like Max Payne 3, Watchdogs 1 & 2. Never got into Skyrim. So I'd probably lean towards GTA V. Though I'm not sure I'm really a Rockstar.

1 more day to decide what I want to purchase between Assassin's Creed: Origins, Nioh, What Remains of Edith Finch and The Surge...or maybe none at all and wait until the Winter Sale...

Nice to see two RPG games be the top sellers in the end Final Fantasy and Divinity OS 2 it just shows a good RPG always wins.

WInter sale is a long way away I've been waiting around for this since May or earlier.

The Winter Sale is a ways out, but there's still the QuakeCon sale if you're into anything from any of Bethesda's subsidiaries. Then there's usually some kind of Fall sales. It used to be that the Summer Sale was the best, but now they're all kind of the same more or less. Even the random publisher-based sales are better in some cases that happen throughout the year. There's never really a shortage of deals. Maybe not quite the Flash Deals of yore, but pretty good.

Picked up the Telltale complete pack and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.

• Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
  • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  • Batman - The Telltale Series
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 5
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 4
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 3
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 2
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season 1
  • Hector: Badge of Carnage - Full Series
  • Hector: Episode 2
  • Back to the Future: Ep 5 - OUTATIME
  • Back to the Future: Ep 4 - Double Visions
  • Back to the Future: Ep 3 - Citizen Brown
  • Back to the Future: Ep 2 - Get Tannen!
  • Back to the Future: The Game
  • Sam & Max 305: The City That Dares Not Sleep
  • Sam & Max 304: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls
  • Sam & Max 303: They Stole Max's Brain!
  • Sam & Max 302: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
  • Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - Adventure Pass
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
  • Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • The Walking Dead: 400 Days
  • Poker Night 2
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Hector: Badge of Carnage - Full Series
  • Jurassic Park: The Game
  • Poker Night at the Inventory
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Telltale Texas Hold ‘Em
  • Sam & Max 205: What’s New Beelzebub?
  • Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs
  • Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead
  • Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues
  • Sam & Max 201: Ice Station Santa
  • Sam & Max 106: Bright Side of the Moon
  • Sam & Max 105: Reality 2.0
  • Sam & Max 103: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball
  • Sam & Max 102: Situation: Comedy
  • Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

The Winter Sale is a ways out, but there's still the QuakeCon sale if you're into anything from any of Bethesda's subsidiaries. Then there's usually some kind of Fall sales. It used to be that the Summer Sale was the best, but now they're all kind of the same more or less. Even the random publisher-based sales are better in some cases that happen throughout the year. There's never really a shortage of deals. Maybe not quite the Flash Deals of yore, but pretty good.
Well I looked at those deals. in most cases cdkeys is still cheaper by default. I think there were one or two games that I saw where the summer sale price was maybe 0.5 or 1 lower than cdkeys normal deals.
So it's time to face facts: It's no longer worth to buy anything on steam except steam exclusives.

Well I looked at those deals. in most cases cdkeys is still cheaper by default. I think there were one or two games that I saw where the summer sale price was maybe 0.5 or 1 lower than cdkeys normal deals.
So it's time to face facts: It's no longer worth to buy anything on steam except steam exclusives.

In some cases I'd agree. I use CDKeys on occasion, but generally just in cases where I wanted to wait until a day or two after release and still get the equivalent of the introductory pre-sale deal. I'm not out shopping for the absolute cheapest I can get a game most of the time. Sure, I want a bit of a deal if I can get it without too much effort, but I also factor in supporting companies that I like or have some degree of respect for. As you were joking about in the other recent thread... I'm not the guy looking to wait until something is $5. :D I'm more the "Grab it for $50 instead of $60 if it's cool enough, and support the dev a bit more". Then save the deep discounts for something I may not have been planning to buy, but couldn't pass up at that price. I also buy on GOG quite a bit, but for yet other reasons. My scales slide around quite a bit as to my reasoning for paying what I pay for a particular game. It's not as simple as low-balling.

In some cases I'd agree. I use CDKeys on occasion, but generally just in cases where I wanted to wait until a day or two after release and still get the equivalent of the introductory pre-sale deal. I'm not out shopping for the absolute cheapest I can get a game most of the time. Sure, I want a bit of a deal if I can get it without too much effort, but I also factor in supporting companies that I like or have some degree of respect for. As you were joking about in the other recent thread... I'm not the guy looking to wait until something is $5. :D I'm more the "Grab it for $50 instead of $60 if it's cool enough, and support the dev a bit more". Then save the deep discounts for something I may not have been planning to buy, but couldn't pass up at that price. I also buy on GOG quite a bit, but for yet other reasons. My scales slide around quite a bit as to my reasoning for paying what I pay for a particular game. It's not as simple as low-balling.
OK, but where does it say that buying from cdkeys doesn't support the developers? The only difference is who gets to keep the retailer's cut valve or cdkeys. And I suspect valve keeps a larger cut.

I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy anything during the Summer Sale...I really want to get through a few major games in my backlog this summer- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dying Light and Mass Effect Andromeda

OK, but where does it say that buying from cdkeys doesn't support the developers? The only difference is who gets to keep the retailer's cut valve or cdkeys. And I suspect valve keeps a larger cut.

I wasn’t arguing that precisely. One factor is that given a similar of same price, Steam is more convenient since I’m basically logged in constantly. So I lean that way in general. That’s also beside the point though.

Say a game that I really want, and trust will be good comes out, and I want the dev to get what it’s worth, but still get a bit of a deal. Typically if I trust it enough for pre-order, I’ll get it at the intro-pre-price on Steam. That’s usually 10-15% on average I’d say, and I consider it fair. If I’m less certain and want an extra day or three for reviews and user feedback, the game reverts to full price on Steam, (typically) so I then switch to CDKeys for a similar discount after release.

There have been a few cases where I wanted a smaller dev to get a bit more money, so I just paid the higher price in the first place, because, even though it might not be super-effective, I still try to “vote with my wallet” when it matters to me.

It doesn’t always matter that much, but it does sometimes. Sometimes I’ll go for that ultra-discount as well, but I don’t just wait specifically for them. It’s ususlly a case of the right timing like:

I wasn’t planning to pick the game up, but at this price I’ll give it a shot. Sometimes that has turned me onto a dev or franchise, and I make a point to buy earlier of at a fairer price next time.

I don’t agonize over any of this either. I just try to be fair and smart about what I buy, occasionally do something on impulse, and it really takes a lot less thought than my posts would suggest. It’s a pretty automatic process for me. :D

I wasn’t arguing that precisely. One factor is that given a similar of same price, Steam is more convenient since I’m basically logged in constantly. So I lean that way in general. That’s also beside the point though.

Say a game that I really want, and trust will be good comes out, and I want the dev to get what it’s worth, but still get a bit of a deal. Typically if I trust it enough for pre-order, I’ll get it at the intro-pre-price on Steam. That’s usually 10-15% on average I’d say, and I consider it fair. If I’m less certain and want an extra day or three for reviews and user feedback, the game reverts to full price on Steam, (typically) so I then switch to CDKeys for a similar discount after release.

There have been a few cases where I wanted a smaller dev to get a bit more money, so I just paid the higher price in the first place, because, even though it might not be super-effective, I still try to “vote with my wallet” when it matters to me.

It doesn’t always matter that much, but it does sometimes. Sometimes I’ll go for that ultra-discount as well, but I don’t just wait specifically for them. It’s ususlly a case of the right timing like:

I wasn’t planning to pick the game up, but at this price I’ll give it a shot. Sometimes that has turned me onto a dev or franchise, and I make a point to buy earlier of at a fairer price next time.

I don’t agonize over any of this either. I just try to be fair and smart about what I buy, occasionally do something on impulse, and it really takes a lot less thought than my posts would suggest. It’s a pretty automatic process for me. :D
Whatever makes you happy, I guess. I doubt steam gives a bigger share to developers. And their price gouging,killing of flash sales, and the destroying of the storefront with queues and curators and such idiocy. Made me go out of my way to not buy anything on steam only as a last resort.

Whatever makes you happy, I guess. I doubt steam gives a bigger share to developers. And their price gouging,killing of flash sales, and the destroying of the storefront with queues and curators and such idiocy. Made me go out of my way to not buy anything on steam only as a last resort.

Well, it’s not as though any of these concepts is responsible for my happiness. Other than maybe playing a good game after I buy it :D

I just work within a set of my own parameters, and take the easiest path that still supports good devs a bit more than “I’ll wait until it hits $5 or $20 or whatever” for something I’m going to enjoy. It’s a lot simpler than it sounds.

CDKeys, Steam, and GOG pretty much cover those bases.

I just work within a set of my own parameters, and take the easiest path that still supports good devs a bit more than “I’ll wait until it hits $5 or $20 or whatever” for something I’m going to enjoy. It’s a lot simpler than it sounds.

CDKeys, Steam, and GOG pretty much cover those bases.
Steam's prices puts it out of the question that I'd pre-order or buy a new release there ever. I'm not waiting for sales, if a game interests me, then I'll buy it, or pre-order it, but not on steam for €60.

Steam's prices puts it out of the question that I'd pre-order or buy a new release there ever. I'm not waiting for sales, if a game interests me, then I'll buy it, or pre-order it, but not on steam for €60.

Yeah, €60 is pretty steep. I'm just BARELY willing to pay $60 for something I've been waiting for for years. Typically for something new, I want to pay between $45-50 and am quite happy to do it. There have been games though that I'm just 100% fine with day one $60. They're rare though I'll admit. Typically they'll be id Software or Arkane games. I typically pay full price for Deus Ex games too. (notice I didn't want to say Eidos or Square/Enix here :D hehehe) I'm also quite happy to pay $20 for a good indie game. Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge are good examples among others. I've bought multiple copies of Shovel Knight because it's that good. (different platforms, and also gifts for friends, but I really want to show support for that kind of quality)

I think we're pretty much in agreement, I just have a slightly different scale.

I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy anything during the Summer Sale...I really want to get through a few major games in my backlog this summer- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dying Light and Mass Effect Andromeda

Find a friend or three to play Dying Light with if possible. Makes a good game great.

Picked up a copy of Dying Light for myself and a copy for my son so we can co-op. This game is fun, not sure how I missed this when it came out. There are some creepy locations, especially with the sounds and music.

I got the steam link and the new DBZ fighting game.

Was a pretty uneventfull same for me :p Still waiting on stuff from my whishlist to get a bigger discount or to actually release.

I ended up with more then I was entending. Should be good to go with the new ROG laptop for a minute.

Skyrim LE
Knights Of The Old Republic 1
Tomb Raider(2016)

Knights Of The Old Republic 2 from GoG.

And Need For Speed Underground 2 from local 2nd hand shop.

A metric ton of people must have jumped on the Steamlink, because my shipment was delayed due to demand. I only bought a second one because of the price, so I'm not exactly in a hurry to get it. I'm guessing there are a decent number of people getting them though. It's actually a pretty nice piece of hardware. I use my Shield TV more, but the Steamlink works very well.

J3RK - I was given one a few years back for christmas, and seems I don't have a powerful enough router or long enough ethernet cord. Which are you using it with?

J3RK - I was given one a few years back for christmas, and seems I don't have a powerful enough router or long enough ethernet cord. Which are you using it with?

I've got layer three switches between major hardware in my house. The core switch then connects to a Linksys AC router (1Gb port) for internet. My network is a bit overbuilt really for our use, but it's part of what I do, so it was a natural endeavor. :D

You can just get a cheap Gb switch though, use the same cable you already have in place, then plug that into the router instead. That's probably the cheapest and easiest way to go about it.

Cdkeys, Steam, and GOG pretty much cover those bases.

I'm under the impression CDkeys sells stolen keys from time to time. I def know Kinguin or whatever does. I try to limit those types of purchases to older games that are impossible to obtain any other way. Like, I used Kinguin to get Prey.

Either way, it's grey market. That's what I know. I truly try to limit my purchases through them. I prefer direct exchanges.

I'm under the impression CDkeys sells stolen keys from time to time. I def know Kinguin or whatever does. I try to limit those types of purchases to older games that are impossible to obtain any other way. Like, I used Kinguin to get Prey.

Either way, it's grey market. That's what I know. I truly try to limit my purchases through them. I prefer direct exchanges.

I also prefer a direct transaction. CDKeys doesn't sell stolen keys, though there are plenty of other sites that do. What they do sell are typically global keys (I'm in the US) but they've always worked just fine, and I don't doubt their authenticity. I think they probably just get bulk deals or something. There are some other threads that have discussed this in finer detail though.

Back