Steam summer sale June 21st

I saw this on the Steam home page and it looks interesting...I never heard if it before...anyone play this?...Dark and Light (Early Access)

Yeah that MMO was in development for like 12 years I wouldn't take a Risk on it.

So the game is just to enter into a drawing for some games, right? That and the precious precious cards?

I'm tempted to pick up What Remains of Edith Finch for $9.99...I hear a lot of great things about the game plus it was at or near the top of a lot of peoples GOTY list for 2017...

I've been trying to put The surge in my cart for the past hour and the walk in the park DLC.

Hmm... I usually scoff when people say this...

I'm going to say it though.

This is the worst Steam sale yet.

Normally I can find SOMETHING that I want. There's pretty much nothing I want at all.

I like how Fallout 4 complete Edition is the #1 selling game people just want some substance which is a good game if you take your time.

I picked up The Witcher 3 GOTY last week for twenty bucks. I've been putting it off after being disappointed with combat in the first game, and mixed reviews for part two, and so far it's been well worth the twenty bucks. I can't imagine it's any cheaper than that for the official Summer Sale.

I'm still playing through the rest of my recent purchases: Okami HD, Hyper Light Drifter (god damn that's tough), and Black Mesa (hoping they add Zen before I get there).

Spellforce 3

The Surge walk in the park DLC

only two games that look interesting enough that are not new releases.
Refunds is always an option but I used that one a dozen games for the past two years.

Hunt Showdown is on sale but that game is always on sale and they keep updating it like it's a MMO I haven't played in a month.

Member when steam sales meant 65-75- or even 85% off ? Now they're throwing things like 25-30% in my face. And I just laugh and walk away.

it's been the same pattern for years now...starts off at 33% off for newer games, then 50%, then 75%, then 75%+

Flash sales were great! They don't need to change up everything like they used to, but just having 2-3 games a day with lower prices would be enough reason to keep checking back. Even if I wasn't interested, it was someone amusing, and occasionally made me stumble over something else on sale that I hadn't thought about.

I guess with the healthy backlog, nothing I need to buy for a bit, and me being on another indie 2D playing spree I should just be happy. :D But my consumerist-pig side is a little sad.

Taking away flash sales was the worst move ever.

Oh yeah I still vaguely remember those days, checking all the time for 2 weeks to see if the stuff I wanted went on a flash sale and then ending up buying it on the last day for the same amount I could have bought it on the first day cuz it never went on a flash sale, sooo much better and more fun.

Shovel Knight
Axiom Verge
Hyper Light Drifter
Sundered
Wizard of Legend
Dead Cells

Well, I already own all of these, but for those who don't there are good sale prices on all of them. I highly recommend all of these games.

Not seeing a lot that I want, was hoping to pick up Beat Saber and Moss but I guess they were both too new to go on sale.

Member when steam sales meant 65-75- or even 85% off ? Now they're throwing things like 25-30% in my face. And I just laugh and walk away.

Just have to stop playing for 2 or 3 years then you can buy the games at 75% discount :)

so all the games go on sale from Day 1?...there are no new games added every day of the sale anymore?...or do prices drop further on certain games?

I picked up The Witcher 3 GOTY last week for twenty bucks. I've been putting it off after being disappointed with combat in the first game, and mixed reviews for part two, and so far it's been well worth the twenty bucks. I can't imagine it's any cheaper than that for the official Summer Sale.

Shiiiiit, that game is worth 60 bucks easy. Best game to come out in a decade or more.

so all the games go on sale from Day 1?...there are no new games added every day of the sale anymore?...or do prices drop further on certain games?

No, they’re very boring now. The sale prices are decent on some things still, but no speculative fun anymore.

First time using Steam, normal for a small game to take 36 hours to download? Bigger game took less then 10 mins last night via GoG

Shiiiiit, that game is worth 60 bucks easy. Best game to come out in a decade or more.

And the sale price this week is the same as it was last week, which is why I don't wait for Summer or Winter sales anymore. There are promotions like this a few times a year.,

And the sale price this week is the same as it was last week, which is why I don't wait for Summer or Winter sales anymore. There are promotions like this a few times a year.,

Yeah pretty much. Even though I previously bought The Witcher 3 at full price when it came out. I bought the GOTY Edition on GOG when it was $20 dollars to get the Expansions. Money well spent, they're amazing.

Its really gotten to the point where I don't even look at Steam sales any longer unless the game is only on Steam. I usually just browse GOG from time to time.

Yeah pretty much. Even though I previously bought The Witcher 3 at full price when it came out. I bought the GOTY Edition on GOG when it was $20 dollars to get the Expansions. Money well spent, they're amazing.

Its really gotten to the point where I don't even look at Steam sales any longer unless the game is only on Steam. I usually just browse GOG from time to time.

I use both. I’m not exactly sure what my criteria for that is, but I kinda have this feel for things I’d rather have on GOG, Steam, or both. I also hit the GOG/Connect page once in a while. I think I’ve probably gotten 15-20 of my Steam games into GOG that way.

I'm pretty sure this will depend a lot on the age of the game.

The industry really has adjusted a lot since the relatively earlier days of digital distribution and these sales.

For a companions -

The Witcher 2 Steam Summer Sale 2014 3 years after release - $3.99

The Witcher 3 Steam Summer Sale 2018 3 years after release - $19.99

We are not seeing the same discounts or at the same rate as in the past.

The industry really has adjusted a lot since the relatively earlier days of digital distribution and these sales.

For a companions -

Witcher 3 is basically priced the same as the GOTY edition with all the DLC. Seems they want to point new comers to the GOTY edition instead of the base game but are keeping the base game up in order to sell the DLC for it to people that do not already have it. It is a really weird situation.

Witcher 3 is basically priced the same as the GOTY edition with all the DLC. Seems they want to point new comers to the GOTY edition instead of the base game but are keeping the base game up in order to sell the DLC for it to people that do not already have it. It is a really weird situation.

The Witcher 2 Steam Summer Sale 2014 2 years after release was $4.99.

Witcher 3 GOTY is just under 2 years at the moment at $19.99.

Anyways that just one random example. If you look at the prices you'll notice that the tiers have basically gone up at least 1 - 2 compared to the "hey day" of the sales. What was used to consider hot in the $5-$10 maybe range is $10 to $20. $10 - $20 range is now $20 - $30.

Game prices have been dropping slower as well as the game companies have caught onto the new economics. Prices dropped way faster and on both ends. With the companies willing drop from the base $60 MSRPs sooner and steam going to 75% discounts sooner, that was how we got the $5 AAA game prices when the base would be dropped to $20 and stacked with the 75% off sale. How soon do we see even $10 AAA games now much less $5?

They've even used it the opposite way in increasing prices after launch. Fallout 4 for example was a interesting case of this in that it was cheaper to have bought the game + season pass at preorder than it was until I think roughly 2 years post launch? Because they increased the season pass price.

The Witcher 3 is a lot bigger a game than the previous ones. I haven’t seen a price for it yet that I didn’t think was fair. Sure, some sale prices are better than others, but definitely fair.

Just have to stop playing for 2 or 3 years then you can buy the games at 75% discount :)
if only that worked. But there are certain things like DLCs for a few games that I used to be able to get at 66-75% off. Now their sales are also fixed at 40-50% at the most. And it's right above the point where I'd consider spending on that particular game. It's a simulation that I spent over $1000 in DLCs when flash sales were still a thing, since then almost nothing.

I picked up Fate and Rebel Galaxy, not really must haves, but something to add to the backlog.

For a companions -

There are still decent deals going on but ofc the game has to be for you

Grim dawn is -70% = 7.49€
Tyranny -66% = 14.27€
Ni no kuni II -40% = 35.99€ (launched 3 months ago)
FF XV -50% = 24.99 € (also launched 3 months ago)

Deus ex HR is -85% to 2.99 €
Witcher 1 is also -85% to 1.19 €

I picked up another steam link and finally decided to give the steam controller a whirl.

I picked up a steam link for a hoot but there are probably only 3-4 games that interest me from my wishlist. Really only 1-2 that I might buy. There are several that are cheaper on steam than they were last week on gog's sale which cheeses me off along with a couple of games that are on sale on steam but weren't on gog.

There are still decent deals going on but ofc the game has to be for you

Grim dawn is -70% = 7.49€
Tyranny -66% = 14.27€
Ni no kuni II -40% = 35.99€ (launched 3 months ago)
FF XV -50% = 24.99 € (also launched 3 months ago)

Deus ex HR is -85% to 2.99 €
Witcher 1 is also -85% to 1.19 €
Witcher 1 is free on GOG.

Back