Steam Summer sale is up

I bought one game - Awesomenauts (to play with my old college bud who now lives across the country). Fun game! Other than that, I passed on everything else.

Last edited:
almost bought zombie driver, but still disappointed on the sales, maybe because of the lack of games for pc. like goat simulator.... wtf?

Games I picked up so far the damage

Demigod
Abyss Odyssey
Baldur's Gate II
Eador Masters of the Broken World
Fallen Enchantress
Grim Dawn
Kingdoms Rise
Payday the Hesit
Payday 2
Spintire (on green man gaming)
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Free to Play the movie...
Age of Wonders III
Dishonored
Counter-Strike GO

thinking of picking up a stragety guide for Baldur's Gate I was so stuck back in 2001 or whatever I didn't know wtf to do...

Got a few this sale :

Tomb Raider
Skyrim
Game Dev Tycoon

Having a blast with TR, got GDT since played way too much of the android version. Haven't gotten around to skyrim yet.

I want Wolfenstein so bad but will it be cheaper before the Steam fall & winter sales...that, my friends, is the question. Eh, I might bite the bullet. $30 is cheap for a new game, especially one from such a beloved franchise. Hell look how long it takes for the CoD games to reach $30. Years...not weeks.

Speaking of CoD, I'm correct in saying that it's rare for them to go on sale and they never go for more than 50% off, right? They are all on sale right now and I'm thinking of picking up a couple of the ones that were decent. I'd rather have them at 75% off of course, but I don't remember that ever happening.

This is the last day for teams and contributing points it seems seen it on the front page clicking on the link right below the pink team win from yesterday. Not sure if you will be able to use the cards for winning anything after that....

Never got one foil card =( cost like 2.70 a piece in store....

So basically sell your cards now or buy them thinking you are going to win =)

Last edited:
WOW same stuff for the last day......nothing new really
The only game I really want out of the entire Steam Store now is Call of Duty Advanced warfare =) But it's not out yet and it's not on sale prob pick up a retail copy on Amazon in a few months.

No Ikaruga @ 75% off I guess... I am disappoint.

I think this year I only got:

Shadowrun Returns Deluxe
State of Decay - Breakdown DLC

Pretty meh.

WOW same stuff for the last day......nothing new really
The only game I really want out of the entire Steam Store now is Call of Duty Advanced warfare =) But it's not out yet and it's not on sale prob pick up a retail copy on Amazon in a few months.

Last day is ALWAYS an encore sale

Last day is ALWAYS an encore sale

IIRC, they've not done an encore on the last day once or twice. In general though, this is correct. People expecting otherwise haven't paid enough attention.

IIRC, they've not done an encore on the last day once or twice. In general though, this is correct. People expecting otherwise haven't paid enough attention.

It's been that way for the last year and a half worth of sales, if not more.

Seems like the only things on sale were games I already had gotten from previous sales. I bought Batman Arkham Origins for $6.24. This was a deal to me due to the fact I got the first two Batman games for free with nvidia purchases.

I got some free cards for voting, but that was the extent of the "bargain" deals.

The options for this summer sales deal were weak for me.

They kept this kind of under the radar, but some of the older Assassin's Creed games are on pretty good sales. Just got Revelations for 75% off. Was the last game I needed out of the entire series. I already had Black Flag from when I bought my graphics cards, and the others from various sales...

Ugh, I thought I was going to get through this sale without spending a dime - but they got me on the last day. Picked up civ 5 complete edition as I only had the base game and no DLC. Also picked up witcher 2, dishonored, and dark souls. Total bill - $30.46

That's a lot of quality gaming right there I think for 30 bucks...

Really debating about Arkham Origins. A lot of reviews say it has game-breaking bugs, though. What's the current state?

Really debating about Arkham Origins. A lot of reviews say it has game-breaking bugs, though. What's the current state?
They stop supporting the game before fixing all the bugs to work on DLC. http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/10/b...ans-for-another-patch-working-on-dlc-instead/

"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

"If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient."

I encountered one bug my whole play through. But they patched it. It's a very good game. It is not related to the other 2 games other then being a batman game. Completely different story.

Solid game for 7$.

On a side note.. I bought zero games this summer sale. I'm proud of myself :)

Ive done about 4 different play thru's of that game and while there were some bugs, I never considered or encountered any that Id call "game breaking". The one where you couldnt get into the vent was a game breaker because you couldnt continue but they fixed that one with the first patch out. Since then I havent found anything that bad. I havent done any of the DLC or things like that so maybe there is something out there but the main story game is just fine and is just superb. I think its my favorite of the 3 albeit by a very slim margin because the other 2 were so freaking good.

Is it better to get Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition"? (playing 1920x1080 with vista) . All the editions of that game are confusing and going through Google isn't making things clear

1,4,5,and 7! No one I know has even been on this week or voting...strange

It had to happen eventually, right?

This is the first time since steam sales began that I did not buy anything. I just have too many games in my backlog and I'm wondering if I'll ever actually get to them, let alone a new purchase. Ugh.

Back