Steam Summer sale is up

Banner Saga is a really great turn-based game with an excellent story. The art style is reminiscent of early 80s Secrets of Nymn, Watership Down, The Last Unicorn cartoons -- has a really cool, sort of melancholic Viking-esque atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Watership Down gave me nightmares when I was little.

I sprung for the Collector's Edition of COH2. I think COH1 is probably better, but I'm willing to give it a chance. And since the Collector's Edition of COH2 came with COH1 I win either way. lol

Last edited:

It still gives me nightmares. That movie induced millions of "innocence lost" moments for 80s kids :p I remember being pretty angry at my mother for letting me watch it when she knew full well what was coming from reading the book.

On the fence for COH2.... Not sure I have time in my life for another game.

I cant even buy dragon age it shows a negative number at 125% off lol

Guys, is Kerbal space program worth the money? I've seen people posting vids of it, and the price is the lowest I've ever seen for it...

Guys, is Kerbal space program worth the money? I've seen people posting vids of it, and the price is the lowest I've ever seen for it...

Personally i dont get the popularity of that game and for that much fuck that IMO but some love it.

Steam sale is all about $5 games $16 for an indy title is meh.

$16 for an Indy game that's in Early Access is meh.

New Sims must be coming out, Sims 3 - EA game on Steam, regular price of $20 and it's 66% off.

I've been watching it and it was still 9.99 when Skyrim was 5.00. It boggles the mind.

On the fence for COH2.... Not sure I have time in my life for another game.

If you liked COH then COH2 is a no-brainer. It gets all kinds of glass-half-full type criticism for not being EXACTLY LIKE COH1. Its almost like some people expected COH2 to just be COH1 with better graphics.

Personally I love it, its been out for a year and has undergone many tweaks to the MP, there's a ton of campaign and "theater of war" content which is good for 50+ hours without ever touching MP. I'm also hearing a lot of good things about the new "Western Front Armies" expansion that just released yesterday.

If you liked COH then COH2 is a no-brainer. It gets all kinds of glass-half-full type criticism for not being EXACTLY LIKE COH1. Its almost like some people expected COH2 to just be COH1 with better graphics.

Personally I love it, its been out for a year and has undergone many tweaks to the MP, there's a ton of campaign and "theater of war" content which is good for 50+ hours without ever touching MP. I'm also hearing a lot of good things about the new "Western Front Armies" expansion that just released yesterday.
Do you think the DLC are worth it? Or would it be good enough with just the regular game itself?

Finally bought Kerbel Space Program, so that for me is 2 total purchases

Kerbel Space Program
Planetary Annihilation

Why is that South Park game $40 even though it's on sale?

Picked up Counterstrike GO due to all the hype around the game the game plays like Left for Dead I thought it would be more aggressive but it's pretty casual compared to COD Ghosts or Battlefield.

I sprung for the Collector's Edition of COH2. I think COH1 is probably better, but I'm willing to give it a chance. And since the Collector's Edition of COH2 came with COH1 I win either way. lol

Then don't watch plague dogs. It'll give you nightmares as an adult.

Because it's only been out 3 months, and wasn't a complete failure. You'll have to wait at least a year for it to be 10 or less.

No chance in hell it will take that long. I'd say three months at the most. Definitely by Christmas.

No chance in hell it will take that long. I'd say three months at the most. Definitely by Christmas.

Not even close. Maybe to around the $20 range, but the game sold well and earned a lot of good marks. No way it drops under $10 by Christmas.

I think so, I have been waiting for this sale to snag it as well. I played for the first time last night, making a ship and firing the Kerbal into orbit is super hilarious. I was laughing my ass off, stayed up way too late. The career builder is pretty cool, you start with very limited parts to construct a rocket, then you discover new areas and do science experiments to gain points which then will unlock further parts and upgrades. It's a good way to learn how to play versus the sandbox mode which everything is unlocked and is a bit much to learn all at once.

Last edited:
Not even close. Maybe to around the $20 range, but the game sold well and earned a lot of good marks. No way it drops under $10 by Christmas.

LOL easily! Bookmark this thread. I'll make sure to bump it around Christmas.

Because it's only been out 3 months, and wasn't a complete failure. You'll have to wait at least a year for it to be 10 or less.

Ah a bit of understanding with Early Access scam! They stay on Early Access for full MSRP (minus whatever discount they get on), for a year or more, then released still at MSRP, and not until some time later they finally start reducing the price! Brilliant! How long as Prison Architect been on Early Access? How many other games could still be listed as full price for that long?

Ah a bit of understanding with Early Access scam! They stay on Early Access for full MSRP (minus whatever discount they get on), for a year or more, then released still at MSRP, and not until some time later they finally start reducing the price! Brilliant! How long as Prison Architect been on Early Access? How many other games could still be listed as full price for that long?

South Park wasn't an Early Access title....you seem to have this unhealthy obsession with ribbing on Early Access

Was waiting for Ikaruga. What the fuck is this stupidity? Everybody already has Dark Bore.

[L]imey;1040917051 said:
I have my laptop at work. No WiFi... I just booted up steam (It told me, I had no connection, let me go into offline mode instantly) Fired up borderlands 2, played without a hitch.

I also remember the days of "you must be online, to go offline" and how silly that was.

They seem to have fixed that problem now. Props to them.
Then I wonder what's to stop people from installing Steam on multiple computers and then being able to play them at the same time when going in off-line mode. For example, installing the Steam app on a friend's computer. Then he uses your account in off-line mode while you use yours at the same time. :confused:

But I agree that the phone-home method that Steam used to have was annoying. There are times where the 'net isn't available, such as some hotels (who want to rape you for 'net access) or airlines (ditto). Plus the occasional times when one's residence has a network outage as others have mentioned.

South Park wasn't an Early Access title....you seem to have this unhealthy obsession with ribbing on Early Access

I realize that, I was using the comparison between Early Access and the response as to why South Park is still a $60 game is because it's only 3 months old.

And I wouldn't call it unhealthy, just a good nature release of bad energy by hating on something :) I'm ok with Early Access as a concept, I just don't want to see unfinished shit in sales like this, because I see it as taking the spot of another game that actually is finished.

Resident Evil 6 is 75% off. Not listed on front page of store for some reason.

And could somebody explain why RE 4 is only 40% off??? Hasn't it been that the entire sale why the hell is that a daily deal? I've been wanting to buy that really pissing me off.

I guess they meant to advertise RE6 but put RE4 on front page instead? Pretty irritating.

Last edited:
I'd like to pick up Castle Story, but 33% is a joke...I don't think I've ever seen it lower either, which is bizarre considering it came out in early access like 9 months ago.

I'd like to pick up Castle Story, but 33% is a joke...I don't think I've ever seen it lower either, which is bizarre considering it came out in early access like 9 months ago.

I preordered that game and while the potential is there i just cant get into it. The control scheme just feels unintuitive to me and aggravating.

Back