Steam Summer sale is up

"You do not own the games on steam that you buy, you only license to play them from steam. If you are looking for a service to get DRM free data, this isn't for you."

Sums it up very well.

Apparently they also rate an F at BBB due to zero customer support.

Steam sounds like a con, you pay to play but not own. Might as well hit the arcade with a handful of quarters.

Uh, is this guy serious?

"You do not own the games on steam that you buy, you only license to play them from steam. If you are looking for a service to get DRM free data, this isn't for you."

Sums it up very well.

Apparently they also rate an F at BBB due to zero customer support.

Steam sounds like a con, you pay to play but not own. Might as well hit the arcade with a handful of quarters.

So (F = Half-Life) + (BBB = 3) + ('con' = confirmed) = Half-Life 3 Confirmed

Hi Gabe parachute account, hi, thanks for bringing us the good news!

I will pay you to let me play your game.

Hell my Blue team is going to win today I think....

going to pick up Call of Duty Advanced warfare if I win =)

Better chance then winning the lottery but I doubt I will win anything...

Meh, more bullshit Early Access bit (Wasteland 2) and this was already on the daily deals it's just now on the flash deals for the exact same price, guess not that many people wanted to spend $40 for a game that's not complete.

While I respect that this one in particular is being closely watched and should turn out fine, steam really needs to stop pushing these games. Whats worse is Nether is on the fucking main page today. These motherfuckers are going to get away with it again. I hope theres a massive backlash.

If anyone is interested Amazon has "The Elder Scrolls Anthology" for twenty bucks.

It includes: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY & Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Not sure if Steam will pricematch or not.

Ia that guy really retarded? Yes you do own them. If Steam ever shut down it is set to allow you to down them and play them without Steam if that day ever comes.

I don't understand why people are saying that you don't need Steam in order to run games. I've seen that posted a couple of times here...I've tried to run the games directly from their executables before and they always try to call or launch Steam. Is there a workaround I'm not aware of? If it were possible, it would do away with the need for Offline Mode which has its quirks...but I can't imagine that it just "works" because it would allow your entire Steam library to be pirated like nobody's business if you didn't need the Steam client to run them.

Im at work but can someone unplug their internet turn on PC and try launch steam in offline mode? I tried that last year when I had no internet and it didnt work, it wanted to go online first and then only then would it let me go into offline mode which is completely fuking retarded and defeats the purpose of offline mode in the first place if you have to be ONLINE FIRST WTF!!!

I have my laptop at work. No WiFi... I just booted up steam (It told me, I had no connection, let me go into offline mode instantly) Fired up borderlands 2, played without a hitch.

I also remember the days of "you must be online, to go offline" and how silly that was.

They seem to have fixed that problem now. Props to them.

Is anyone else annoying by the random voting closing window?

I have missed 3 votes because I make it before hte next sale starts but they randomly close the voting period.

I went to vote 44 minutes before the new sales started and I could no l onger vote, they already announced a winner, etc.

Picking up Splinter Cell for sure haven't finished Conviction even but I guess Blacklist if better. Wish I would of waited a few days of Age of Wonders which is a pretty nice game slow action but it's strategy turn based.

Is fallout new vegas ultimate edition a good deal for $6.79?

I tried it but couldn't get into it. The graphics show a bird-less crackled dull brown mudscape. For $7 it's worth a try. I think I paid five bucks for it.

Last edited:
Starting today first three top teams can win...

1st place team
30 team members who scored points will win 3 games
2nd place team
20 team members who scored points will win 2 games
3rd place team
10 team members who scored points will win 1 game

I played New Vegas on the PS3 which was decent not sure of the PC version leveling up can be boring but it's a nice game with cool settings.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is an awesome game for $3. Highly recommended.

I don't understand why people are saying that you don't need Steam in order to run games. I've seen that posted a couple of times here...I've tried to run the games directly from their executables before and they always try to call or launch Steam. Is there a workaround I'm not aware of? If it were possible, it would do away with the need for Offline Mode which has its quirks...but I can't imagine that it just "works" because it would allow your entire Steam library to be pirated like nobody's business if you didn't need the Steam client to run them.

It varies game to game. I know for sure GTA IV and mini ninjas worked without steam running when I still played them. No workarounds used, just launched directly from the exe. Steam never opened and never logged my playtime for these two.

It varies game to game. I know for sure GTA IV and mini ninjas worked without steam running when I still played them. No workarounds used, just launched directly from the exe. Steam never opened and never logged my playtime for these two.

Gotcha. I can't believe someone hasn't backdoor'd it yet to make this possible for every game. Or if they have, I don't know about it. :)

Just bought Gone Home with some trading card money. Beat it quick and enjoyed every second of it. Not at ALL what I was expecting.

After playing BattleBlock Theater for 30 minutes with a friend tonight, it really is the stupid things that matter. What fantastic fun.

I just checked my wishlist Wolfenstein the new order is on sale for 33% off for 40.19

You don't need a controller for tale of two brothers; it plays just fine with the KB/M. The controls are very simple for controling the two brothers and even with the fast action pace you can handle it :)
-
No clue why you think a controller makes it more immersive. Btw there is a slight bug near the end where you have to switch the 'space' bar but it will be semi-obvous.

Very good game, but in order to fully immerse into the experience, you'll need a xbox controller.

I'm still looking for Oblivion GOTY to go on sale, I introduced a couple friend to TES with Skyrim after the winter sale and they're ready for more.

After playing BattleBlock Theater for 30 minutes with a friend tonight, it really is the stupid things that matter. What fantastic fun.

Still kicking myself for not buying this when it was a daily deal. Maybe I will get lucky and it will come back around as a flash sale or something.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for Oblivion GOTY to go on sale, I introduced a couple friend to TES with Skyrim after the winter sale and they're ready for more.
Wasn't Skyrim one of the featured sales yesterday? You do realize that when one game in a franchise goes on sale, the whole franchise is on sale, correct? If it was yesterday, you should still be able to grab it since featured sales are for 48 hours. I grabbed the first GRID for the same discount as GRID 2 when it was featured earlier this week ;).

How's Banner Saga?

Two Brothers was a fun game and this is a great price/value. I do have an Xbox controller though.

Still kicking myself for not buying this when it was a daily deal. Maybe I will get lucky and it will come back around as a flash sale or something.

I picked it up when Castle Crashers went on sale for 90% off the other day. They had the Can't Stop Laughing bundle that includes both for 90% off as well, so I got both games for $2.49. But I checked the flash sale for Castle Crashers earlier to see if they had done it again and so I could grab a copy for a friend, and it was the regular price. I think I may have just gotten lucky and it was a pricing mistake on their end.

I picked it up when Castle Crashers went on sale for 90% off the other day. They had the Can't Stop Laughing bundle that includes both for 90% off as well, so I got both games for $2.49. But I checked the flash sale for Castle Crashers earlier to see if they had done it again and so I could grab a copy for a friend, and it was the regular price. I think I may have just gotten lucky and it was a pricing mistake on their end.

Behemoth acknowledged that it was a deal on their Twitter, making it looks like it wasn't a mistake. I wonder if it was and they just decided to roll with it rather than cover it up and piss more people off.

How's Banner Saga?

Two Brothers was a fun game and this is a great price/value. I do have an Xbox controller though.

Banner Saga is a really great turn-based game with an excellent story. The art style is reminiscent of early 80s Secrets of Nymn, Watership Down, The Last Unicorn cartoons -- has a really cool, sort of melancholic Viking-esque atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Back