Steam Summer sale is up

And furthermore, if it sells well, it may take years till it drops to $10.

As long as its worth over $10, it will be, and like you said, that could be years from now.

Besides, while the story is lacking from what I hear (i never played the story yet) and the game is a bitch to run, even on the highest end computers, its still fun.

Valve complete pack is only $25 if you know someone who is just getting into steam that is a good deal. In years past is was $50. You get huge chunk of the history of important video games for $25.

Oh, it just went to $50 from what it looks like. But you make a great point. That group of games has SO much good stuff. Very FPS centric but there is something in there for everyone.

I look for new stuff for myself constantly - but what I use these sales for mostly is stocking up on games that I gift out to my cousins and younger brother. That way I ensure I have a couple people that I really know to play with every once and a while - and the whole "free love, man" hippie vibe I get when I'm tossing games at people, lol:D

Where is Sickb0y with our normal Steam sale thread that is always up to date?

What happened to the other guy that does such a great job of posting the Steam Summer and Winter sales? I think his username is sickb0y or something like that. :confused: No offense to kinjo.

About the Steam summer sale itself, SD has some good info. about it. I agree with some that the sales tend to get a little better as time goes on.

What happened to the other guy that does such a great job of posting the Steam Summer and Winter sales? I think his username is sickb0y or something like that. :confused: No offense to kinjo.

About the Steam summer sale itself, SD has some good info. about it. I agree with some that the sales tend to get a little better as time goes on.

^^ WE DEMAND PICTURES OF THE STOREFRONT! :mad:

I think people have acclimated to Steam sales - and Steam puts more things on sale on random days all year. When the sales where a big deal they were fairly exclusive. There was no "Mid Week Madness" or weekend sales. I think games were also cheaper. I don't recall a lot of new games costing $60 for months. Skyrim took over a year to get "cheaper". Seems like the blockbusters come out pricey and stay that way while the less sexy titles make up most sales.

No I don't think it is people becoming acclimated to steam sales other than owning a lot of games already.

In the brick and mortar days, A game would pre-sale full price, luanch full price, have a small sale almost immediately, go back to full price, have maybe one good sale many months in, and either go back to full price until stuck in the remainder bin, get a GOTY version which did the cycle over again but quciker, or rot at full price until there was a low price reissue a year or more later for something immensely popular.

Because of that, steam launched with a a raft of big name titles that had never seen really big discounts outside of a in individual retailers remaindering practices. So the first couple of years, it'd update and you'd go damn.. I missed that, $14 rocks for that title.

Now they have churned through the backlog and are current. So now you are looking through days and days of sale stuff, three times a year, for a couple of finds rather than tons of finds. This feels like disappointment.

Well that's probably the grossest selection of games offered from any day of any year of the Summer Sales.

Yeah $7.50 seems extremely overpriced for Spore, considering how old it is and how it wasn't really that amazing in the first place.

$7.50 isn't horrible, however that should be the standard price, not $29.99 like it's listed. $29.99 if you include all the DLC and craptastic addons... ehhh that I could at least say feasible (not that I'd pay that), but this is just the base game that's MSRP is still $29.99? Fuck that.

And gotta love (hate) Steam for throwing Early Access bullshit into this summer sale.

Far Cry 1 is still worth 20 bucks if you ask me. Game doesn't get old. IT'S FUCKING PREDATOR FFS.

Not sure how I feel about the 'team' system this time. Of course, that might be because I'm on the Red Team right now and somehow the Purple Team, which won yesterday, just inexplicably jumped the hell ahead of 'us.'

Risk of Rain is very much worth the $2.49 flash sale price :) Just my .02

Any opinions on The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II? I might pick it up if its as good as torchlight 2 or diablo 3. I would grab Grim Dawn but i'm waiting till the full release I think.

working unfortunately :( (new job) I will do the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas Steam sales for sure, once I settle my schedule etc ;)

Risk of Rain is very much worth the $2.49 flash sale price :) Just my .02

How does local coop work, can 4 players play with controllers? Are they all on the same screen or is it split screen?

Bought MasterReboot, finally had to put it down after two hours because I need some sleep.

Amazing game, well worth the flash sale price. Reminds me in some ways of The Seventh Guest, with strange creatures, scenery, and totally outrageous puzzles.

A bit difficult though - some action sections require some dexterity.

All I can say are the teams I think are unbalanced the purple team and the red team are getting points like crazy I'm on the blue team need like 4 more cards to play even but I think the teams are unbalanced not like when your team wins you get 3 free games anyway there has to be like a few thousand on every team.

Picked up Age of Wonders III today game looks amazing was released earlier this year never really got into strategy games but this game looks awesome...
I played Age of wonders II or I can't remember didn't even understand the game back then.

Hell you can switch teams with a Token =) Wish I knew how to get a different Token....

I just picked up Payday 2 and Walking Dead: Season Two. Lowest price I've seen for both games since they've been released. Hoping Arma 3 and Assetto Corsa get a daily / flash deal.

ArmA 3 was supposed to be 50% off with the vote, but the vote went the other way...so maybe we'll see it come back up at that price down the line.

Hell you can switch teams with a Token =) Wish I knew how to get a different Token....

You can the token is $40! Good luck with that! Id rather have the $40. This event is unbalanced as hell. And im not saying this cause im on losing team.

The damage so far:

Bulletstorm............................4.99 USD
RAGE...................................4.99 USD
Call of Juarez Gunslinger........3.74 USD
State of Decay.......................4.99 USD
BioShock Triple Pack............10.19 USD
--------------------------------------------------------------
Total :...................................28.90 USD

40.00 to switch Teams =) I went from level 5 to 9 I never knew what the cards were for until today.
I would say if they have 10,000 prizes to be awarded but 30 is drop in the bucket I suppose they have to absorb the cost somehow.

Yeah the Red Purple team tokens are like 29.00 each
while the Pink Green and Blue Tokens are 10.00

I'm not saying this takes the fun out of the game just saying you have like zero chance to win anyway =)

Back