Steam Summer sale is up

I caved and got KSP. Most fun I've had in gaming in 2014. Learning orbital mechanics through trial and error is just so addictive.

I got fallout 3 ultimate edition for $5. Buddy told me he liked that more than new vegas. Probably will buy new vegas the next go around. If new vegas ultimate edition was $5 I might've got it. But it was $6.79. NO WAY. $5< or nothing lol

Is Dishonored any good? If so, is the GOTY edition worth it for $6 more or just stick with the base?

Only things I've bought so far was Lichdom Battlemage (which was on sale anyway, not the summer sale) and the 99cent foosball game.

Hoping for something else really enticing before the sale ends

Is Dishonored any good? If so, is the GOTY edition worth it for $6 more or just stick with the base?

I enjoyed the game but you should search for the long thread in the pc gaming forum, covers a lot of pro's and con's. Good price for it though.

Been eyeing up Dishonored for the past two years still haven't bought it as much as I kinda want to try it out. Just think it will fall short on expectation list someone compared it to Bioshock and said it's better then Bioshock.

I got fallout 3 ultimate edition for $5. Buddy told me he liked that more than new vegas. Probably will buy new vegas the next go around. If new vegas ultimate edition was $5 I might've got it. But it was $6.79. NO WAY. $5< or nothing lol

Bottom feeding at is finest, ladies and gentlemen. If everyone had this attitude we would have no more games being made for PC

Bottom feeding at is finest, ladies and gentlemen. If everyone had this attitude we would have no more games being made for PC

It's been $5 before. It is sort of crappy that they put it on sale again but for more money than it cost last time.

I really liked Dishonored. It kind of reminded me of a cross between Thief and Bioshock, but with its own unique art style and setting. Easily worth $5 IMO.

Call it what you want but I don't have a lot of time for gaming. So I can wait a few years for a game to go on sale. I could go pirate it. But its much easier to just wait and buy it really cheap then to download a pirated copy and have to worry about cracks/.exe's. Besides they are getting money. Something is better than nothing right?

True dat. And, sometimes there's only a passing interest in a game. I never really looked at Deus Ex, but for $5.00 today, I'm in.

Pretty disappointed in the sale so far. I really hope Ikaruga comes up at 75% off.

I really liked Dishonored. It kind of reminded me of a cross between Thief and Bioshock, but with its own unique art style and setting. Easily worth $5 IMO.

Does Dishonored get boring fast? I started it once and it looked good but I thought the stealth thing might get old quick and stopped to go to BL2

Thats the fucking point of the steam sales, if you dont like it you are in the wrong thread... Go to origin and pay full price for your games.

Does Dishonored get boring fast? I started it once and it looked good but I thought the stealth thing might get old quick and stopped to go to BL2

It didn't get boring to me. Playing stealth is optional. Most of the time you don't have to, but you are rewarded for doing so.

Have you played Far Cry 3? It's very worth it for $7.50 IMO.

Geez I loved dishonored. I thought the environment was AWESOME. Mechanics are good, AI is good and story is cool. The only thing I really didn't care for was how you were ONLY rewarded for stealth. You got all these badass weapons but couldn't really use them without being punished. I played through the game twice. Once all stealth and once run and gunning.

Great game, well worth paying $10.

So far the sale has been pretty good.. i haven't bought much the last 3 big sales and so much of whats on sale i've been waiting to come down in price.

I got the game for around $7.50 during a previous sale and recently finished it in a couple days. I went through the game and pretty much killed everything in sight. Unfortunately, it got really old, really fast. Many of the mechanics are easy to exploit. When it comes to stealth combat, I feel that Arkham Asylum/City and Deus Ex:HR are far more interesting games. Dishonored just seemed too much like a one-trick-pony with a plot that is dull. I am sure that someone will jump in and say "you didn't play it right" or "if you do X, Y, and Z then your experience will be more enjoyable." Might just be personal preference.

However, if you can get it for $5, it is probably worth it.

Tempted with Tropico 4, I steered clear of it when it came out because most reviews said it was literally Tropico 3 with the number 4 after it, not sure how true that was. Although looking at the extras Quick Drying Cement DLC? W..... T...... F..... might skip on principle alone.

1)... he said LOL so chances are he was joking with his statement

2) He obviously didn't buy it when it was new, and doubt he said "oh I'll wait for it to get to $5 before I buy it", so that money train for the publisher already passed. Steamsales are not make or break times when they get this low for big name games.

Vector Strike is my game of the sale so far. $2.25 each when you buy the 4-pack is a great deal. Great fast paced mech shooter!

It didn't get boring to me. Playing stealth is optional. Most of the time you don't have to, but you are rewarded for doing so.

Have you played Far Cry 3? It's very worth it for $7.50 IMO.

Yes I have that and was thinking of playing that or Tomb Raider 3. I am just emerging from a months long Borderlands 1 and 2 cocoon lol. I was also thinking of Deux Ex but the hacking aspect would probably down me out. I just dont want to have to tickle games anymore

It sucks i had to do a password reset on my account the ofher day and now i cant buy the trading cards for badges until after they are no longer available.
Anyone know of a way to get around the marketplace lockout?

Picked up Dishonored game of the year editon I watched the witches DLC on youtube looked pretty dope.
Reminded me alot of Fallout.

Man, I loved Dishonored. At first, I couldn't get into it on normal, it felt too easy. Turned it to Hard and had a great time.

Does anyone have any experience with Space Engineers?

The concept is awesome, but last time I played it it was still very much an alpha. Though, I haven't played it since they added survival mode so maybe there's more to do now.

Wolfenstein is cheap but not sure if it's cheap enough for me. I bet it's 14.00 next year or in winter. I never even finished Rage =)

picked up Baldurs Gate II instead not sure why hell if I have time to finish the 15 games I bought on the sale...

I've bought more this sale than I have in several years. So far:

Dynasty Warriors 8
Rainbow Six Vegas
Beat Hazard Mega Bundle
Resident Evil 4
Transistor + Soundtrack
Typing of the Dead Thou Filthy Love Collection
Wolfentstien The New Order

Wolfenstein is cheap but not sure if it's cheap enough for me. I bet it's 14.00 next year or in winter. I never even finished Rage =)

IMO it's totally worth it @ $30. One of the best FPS I've played in years, pure unadulterated fun and damn challenging at higher difficulty settings.

IMO it's totally worth it @ $30. One of the best FPS I've played in years, pure unadulterated fun and damn challenging at higher difficulty settings.
I bought it 2 days ago when it was $40. Should have waited. I'm having fun with it. Definitely worth the price.

Back