Steam summer sale countdown 2017

IW was my most regrettable purchase of last year, no surprise there

4 hours later and the store is still lagging and throwing up errrors. How not to have a sale.

$3 for Transistor seems like a good deal, heard some good things about that game.

Anyone already own Wolcen? I want it EVENTUALLY, it's on sale, but most people still seem to review it as pretty unplayable at this point.

$3 for Transistor seems like a good deal, heard some good things about that game.

It's pretty good. I like it better than Bastion. Seems to be a bit more strategy to the battles. I'm also a bit of a sucker for the cyberpunk/pseudoscyberpunk setting.

Anyone already own Wolcen? I want it EVENTUALLY, it's on sale, but most people still seem to review it as pretty unplayable at this point.

it's a really really good game it's still in Alpha and they do two updates every month so it's active the spells are amazing but once you hit the road block for the alpha placeholder quests it's just the waiting game.

Wow, I think this is the worst sale (for me) that I've seen. Barely anything on my wishlist is on sale, and the things that are, are maybe a couple $ off. Usually I find SOMETHING I want...

Hell even if you wanted to buy anything their cart system if broke as shit this time around.

it's a really really good game it's still in Alpha and they do two updates every month so it's active the spells are amazing but once you hit the road block for the alpha placeholder quests it's just the waiting game.

How many hours of content would you estimate exist now playing until you hit the cap?

Sniper Elite 1 2 3 4
and the DLC for 4 I would get the DLC for the rest of the games but that is a extra 20.00 for everything.

I am Setsuna

think I'm done with this sale everything I really want has a late 2017 release date or 2018 like

The Evil Within

Dishonored 3

Metro Exodus

Darksiders 3

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Sniper Elite 1 2 3 4
and the DLC for 4 I would get the DLC for the rest of the games but that is a extra 20.00 for everything.

Just get the total package on 4. The others are good but 4 is far and away the best one.

Laggy as shit, new pages wont load!

No excuses after all this time for Valve. We go through this every year and they know what kind of demand they get.

I'll probably grab Dead Cells and Nex Machina, as I wanted these anyway. At least I can view the store now. :D

The entire new Hitman game for under $25. Off the charts steal. Crazy.

Have a rule this year that no single game I buy can be more than $10. So, here is what I got.

Still Life: $0.95
Zombie Driver HD: $1.49
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil: $1.79
Quake 4: $3.74
Torchlight 2: $4.99
ABZU: $5.99
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Complete Pack: $7.99.

Resident Evil I only bought because that was the last RE game on Steam I didn't have and that's one of my favorite franchises. The game is mediocre at best and terrible at worst, but I was okay with that price.

Quake 4, and Doom 3 ROE I bought so I can get rid of the discs. Still life I bought because I played that a long time ago and really liked the story. Zombie Driver HD and Torchlight 2 I bought so I can have something to play on my laptop's integrated graphics.

ABZU I bought because I love atmospheric games like that and it reminded me of Journey.

Not a bad haul for around $27.

Have a rule this year that no single game I buy can be more than $10. So, here is what I got.

Still Life: $0.95
Zombie Driver HD: $1.49
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil: $1.79
Quake 4: $3.74
Torchlight 2: $4.99
ABZU: $5.99
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Complete Pack: $7.99.

Resident Evil I only bought because that was the last RE game on Steam I didn't have and that's one of my favorite franchises. The game is mediocre at best and terrible at worst, but I was okay with that price.

Quake 4, and Doom 3 ROE I bought so I can get rid of the discs. Still life I bought because I played that a long time ago and really liked the story. Zombie Driver HD and Torchlight 2 I bought so I can have something to play on my laptop's integrated graphics.

ABZU I bought because I love atmospheric games like that and it reminded me of Journey.

Not a bad haul for around $27.

It always feels good to be cheap but sometimes it doesn't pay off.

It always feels good to be cheap but sometimes it doesn't pay off.

Well, I usually am not cheap. I've purchased quite a lot of games at launch this year, and these purchases this time were basically to just take care of my wishlist more-or-less. I have too many games to ever get caught up at this point which is why I didn't want to spend a lot this time. But I feel like I got really good deals this time so i'm happy.

i havent pulled the trigger on anything yet, have some stuff in my cart

Hollow Knight
Styx: Shards of Darkness
Tales of Berseria

Gonna pull the trigger on

Prey
Outlast 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Mad Max
Maybe Shadows of Mordor

Edit: I'm on the fence with Ghost Wildlands

Only thing I bought was ArmA 3 Apex. Piece of fucking shit, stay away from it. Lazy bastards still can't fix the most basic bugs and still hate the concept of the GUI. Problem is I spent over 2 hours trouble shooting so I can't get a refund. I hope everyone at BI fucking dies, fucking scum bag assholes! You know when your DLC content is both shittier and far more expensive than EA and Ubisoft, you're a fucking low company. All they can think of is shit maps, zombies, go karts, and shit content. But fuck the customers who bought the last two games and some of your shitty DLC to keep your lazy ass afloat. Fucking go out of business already you lazy fucks. Fuck you BI! Take your Apex and shove it up your asshole you fucking thieves.

Last edited:
I picked up the DLC for Cities Skylines, I'll probably pick up some more games this weekend.

Only thing I bought was ArmA 3 Apex. Piece of fucking shit, stay away from it. Lazy bastards still can't fix the most basic bugs and still hate the concept of the GUI. Problem is I spent over 2 hours trouble shooting so I can't get a refund. I hope everyone at BI fucking dies, fucking scum bag assholes! You know when your DLC content is both shittier and far more expensive than EA and Ubisoft, you're a fucking low company. All they can think of is shit maps, zombies, go karts, and shit content. But fuck the customers who bought the last two games and some of your shitty DLC to keep your lazy ass afloat. Fucking go out of business already you lazy fucks. Fuck you BI! Take your Apex and shove it up your asshole you fucking thieves.

I refunded the core game two years ago.

I picked up Domina, Sniper 3 Ghost Warrior Season Pass Edition and Banner Saga.

How does Nier compare to say DMC4 or Bayonetta in terms of game play, or did I completely miss what kind of game Nier is?

Sale isn't exciting but alot of good games out there if you know what to get it's user based eye of the beholder type of thing.

Depends on what is already in your library and what your price limits are. My general rule of thumb is not to pay more than $12 for any AAA game + all its DLC unless it is exceptional enough to jump the backlog queue.

What kind of Steam error is this?

Try to log in...it hangs/freezes for a long time... doesn't connect. Felt lucky to get to offline mode.

When I choose "retry connection" after waiting an eternity, I can type about two or three letter and poof! It just disappears and shuts down.

What is this? What do I do?

What kind of Steam error is this?

Try to log in...it hangs/freezes for a long time... doesn't connect. Felt lucky to get to offline mode.

When I choose "retry connection" after waiting an eternity, I can type about two or three letter and poof! It just disappears and shuts down.

What is this? What do I do?

I seemed to be encountering this issue with a secondary steam account. Logging directly into the steam website worked for me but haven't tried the client again.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Spintires for $7.50 !!!!!!!

Existing [H] thread here: Spintires | [H]ard|Forum

Works w/ my G27 wheel & shifter !!!!!!!
Download mods // lifted pickups, jeeps buggies, etc. @ Steam Workshop
Download new maps - various websites
Tons of youtube vids on user maps & mods

I played for 2 hours yesterday & will do some more 4-wheel'n today

I seemed to be encountering this issue with a secondary steam account. Logging directly into the steam website worked for me but haven't tried the client again.

It's strange.

My Steam account on my machine works fine (so far). My sister is in another room and she's on wireless Internet at fairly close range and it's high powered. Everything works great for her except this issue.

Safest bet: Probably due to demand on servers from the sales. There's nothing wrong on our end.

Last edited:
Spintires for $7.50 !!!!!!!

Existing [H] thread here: Spintires | [H]ard|Forum

Works w/ my G27 wheel & shifter !!!!!!!
Download mods // lifted pickups, jeeps buggies, etc. @ Steam Workshop
Download new maps - various websites
Tons of youtube vids on user maps & mods

I played for 2 hours yesterday & will do some more 4-wheel'n today

I played this before but I think after reading your post I might have to give it another shot especially with the Workshop stuff. Back when I bought it, the game while fun was kind of aimless and frustrating at times because I felt like even though they tried to simulate mud and the cars it felt too exaggerated. Like a Jeep wouldn't REALLY be this hard to control in real life and that sort of stuff. Fun game, but I think i'll install it again tonight to give it another chance.

Back