Steam summer sale 2021 from June 24th to July 8th 2021

Sickb0y

2[H]4U
Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, nerds, geeks, and the rest of you dateless wonders. The 2021 Steam summer sale is here!! The sale runs from June 24th to July 8, 2021, 10 AM PST

if you guys see any deals worth mentioning let me know and ill add them to the main thread.
Prices are fluctuating all over the place I will update the post with more deals once their system settles in o_O:LOL:

Attachments

• steampowered.jpg
    steampowered.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Middle Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition $8.99 might be the lowest it's been on Steam (IIRC - did not check isthereanydeal to confirm this).

On a buying spree, I picked up Titanfall 2 ($5.99), Metro Exodus ($16.24) and Cyberpunk 2077 ($40.19) so far.
Loving Titanfall 2 single player campaign and playing it the most right now. Also briefly played some Metro E and getting used to how it plays (it feels more like a movie that you participate in to me but I've only just started it), not yet tried CP2077.

Seriously thinking about buying Dysan Sphere Program - it is in my cart right now. Anyone have thoughts about it?

What about Fallout 4? Never played any of the series. I love Far Cry series, Borderlands series, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight, Wolcen. Can't tell if I would like Fallout 4. Red Dead Redemption 2 is another one that I am unsure I would like.

wow only 2 posts in this thread...shows how little people care about Steam sales anymore after they got rid of Flash sales

so everything that's on sale will be available on Day 1 and will stay the same price over the course of the 2 weeks?...no more anticipating the next day's sales etc...sad

polonyc2, yeah, they stopped the flash sales a long time ago; there was a flow chart of when to actually buy based on flash sales, so if you want something, doesn't matter when you buy it anymore, could be day 1 or day 14.

I have too many games I haven't even played, maybe I will buy one game this sale. They also happen so often throughout the year if you didn't buy the game by now you either won't or will buy it later because backlog.

As a humblebundle subscriber my backlog grows faster than I can complete games lol.

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
What about Fallout 4? Never played any of the series. I love Far Cry series, Borderlands series, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight, Wolcen. Can't tell if I would like Fallout 4. Red Dead Redemption 2 is another one that I am unsure I would like.

Get both. Fallout 4 does have a mostly open world, so it isn't as guided as Titanfall. But is a good balance of action and RPG. RDR2 is good. Again, mostly open world but actually fairly guided. Good story and setting.

I'm not sure what I'll get if anything. How many of those Trading cards can you get per day? Just 1? I get like 3 cents when I sell them. I remember when they started they would get 25 or so cents per card, and you got 3 per day. At the end of the sale I'd have $3-5 in Steam wallet to spend. Was great for small DLCs or getting a AAA game that was 1 year old for $2 or less.

Flash deals went away? I thought they were turned into mid-week and weekend sales... that happen every week.

On a buying spree, I picked up Titanfall 2 ($5.99), Metro Exodus ($16.24) and Cyberpunk 2077 ($40.19) so far.
Loving Titanfall 2 single player campaign and playing it the most right now. Also briefly played some Metro E and getting used to how it plays (it feels more like a movie that you participate in to me but I've only just started it), not yet tried CP2077.

Seriously thinking about buying Dysan Sphere Program - it is in my cart right now. Anyone have thoughts about it?

I couldn't stand RDR2. Paid full price for it and played less than ten hours before uninstalling. Fallout 4 was good fun. I got into building houses and settlements though and that sucked up so much of my time that by the time I went back to the story I forgot what I was doing and just stopped playing. It was actually fun though. RDR2 was not my cup of tea at all.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Dysan Sphere Program

Its been a few months since I've played but it was pretty good if clearly still EA. If you like Factorio or Satisfactory you will probably enjoy DSP. Its more of a 3d graphics version of Factorio vs the first person Satisfactory.

Edit: Anyone have any opinions on 2k21 Golf? Kinda hankering for a new golf game ever since I saw the old Links games show up on GoG.

like this
I couldn't stand RDR2. Paid full price for it and played less than ten hours before uninstalling. Fallout 4 was good fun. I got into building houses and settlements though and that sucked up so much of my time that by the time I went back to the story I forgot what I was doing and just stopped playing. It was actually fun though. RDR2 was not my cup of tea at all.

Fallout 4 has a quest log to remind you of what you need to do and will even point you in the direction that you need to go.

like this
Thanks for the input, guys. I bought Falltout 4, Dysan Sphere Program and Valheim. I'm going to hold off getting RDR2 for another sale, maybe. $40 is a bit high for something I may not enjoy. I'm still worried I might not like CP2077 as I still have not tried it yet after I bought it for $40.

Have not played Fallout 4 yet.

I played some Valheim yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. Died a few times from getting into fights with skeletons that hit really hard inside a cave, but the death penalty isn't horrible, so it's still fun even if you get wasted. It's a standard "run naked back to your the place you died" but it usually doable. Some of the building interface gets annoying at times trying to get the right angle to place an object, but it's not frustrating enough to make me stop playing. The mechanics are going to take some getting used to, like the damage to building structures over time. I wish there was a way to just say "repair the whole building" instead of having to click each individual piece. The weather effects and graphics are really good, though. Wind storms, rain, thunderstorms and the fog effects are all very well done.

Today I tried Dysan Sphere Program and man... I'm loving it. Still learning how things work but it's a lot of fun building the assembly lines. The build interface is done really well, especially when doing things like routing conveyor belts. I love the multi-level belts that they allow you to make. Reminds me of a multi-layer circuit board. I tried the Factorio demo (Or was it Satisfactory demo, I forget.) a few months ago and it was OK but the building interface and number of options wasn't quite as good as DSP.

I played some Valheim yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. Died a few times from getting into fights with skeletons that hit really hard inside a cave, but the death penalty isn't horrible, so it's still fun even if you get wasted. It's a standard "run naked back to your the place you died" but it usually doable. Some of the building interface gets annoying at times trying to get the right angle to place an object, but it's not frustrating enough to make me stop playing. The mechanics are going to take some getting used to, like the damage to building structures over time. I wish there was a way to just say "repair the whole building" instead of having to click each individual piece. The weather effects and graphics are really good, though. Wind storms, rain, thunderstorms and the fog effects are all very well done.
The devs are pretty great, too. I put in about 80 hours on 'launch' and haven't touched it in a few months, so I'm definitely interested to pop back in and take a look.

I could never get enough of the sailing. Good stuff

wow only 2 posts in this thread...shows how little people care about Steam sales anymore after they got rid of Flash sales
I think there's more to it than just the lack of Flash sales.
so everything that's on sale will be available on Day 1 and will stay the same price over the course of the 2 weeks?...no more anticipating the next day's sales etc...sad
I much prefer the stable prices method, though I can understand the appeal of flash sales to some.

That's often happens to me when I do any sort of game modding. The modding itself is fun, but I barely experience the fruits of my labor.

Does Fallout 4 use basically the same Creation Engine as Skyrim? Can't recall offhand.

I know people have complained about the lack of flash sales as the reason for hating Steam sales but I think there's more to it. By the time Steam ended the flash sales people were already complaining about them mostly because they already had everything which was up for a flash sale. In the early days people would go nuts buying games including large publisher packs and the like. After a few years of that they had already purchased most of the games they wanted other than relatively new games.

Steam didn't arbitrarily remove flash sales for no reason. At least as many people disliked them as those who liked them because of the gamble they were. Do you buy the game during the sale or do you wait to see if it's going to be cheaper on a flash sale or even a second flash sale towards the end with an even lower price? Do you have the time to keep checking the flash sales every few hours to see if the game you want is up? Does the flash sale for the game you want happen while you're asleep and can't check? Flash sales were by no means the panacea some people seem to believe. Also, the publishers hated flash sales and were most likely the primary reason flash sales were ended. The flash sales which drew the most attention were newer and/or higher priced games. Publishers did not like what happened when flash sales on those games were over. Oftentimes if people missed a flash sale on something like that they would wait to buy until it came down to that price again. This lowered overall sales and effectively devalued games.

Anyway, I picked up several games this sale. I had some spare cash and found some games at the lowest price I'd seen them yet so I bit. I grabbed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and the Wolfenstein two pack with The New Order and The Old Blood. They're mostly older games and I waited until the price was low because I don't get excited about games anymore. I enjoy playing but I have little trouble waiting until something is older with the bugs worked out and cheaper.

I thought flash sales went away when the EU started forcing them to issue refunds? Or am I remembering that wrong?

I thought flash sales went away when the EU started forcing them to issue refunds? Or am I remembering that wrong?
At least that was the official excuse, that the refunds could be abused if someone bought the game before the flash sale.

I have not purchased anything on impulse on steam since daily deals and flash sales were no longer a thing. And don't come at me with this crap that I already have everything I want. There are plenty of games and DLCs that I'd buy if there was a good deal on them. But 20-50% off from an already inflated price is not a good deal. I really don't get it why the sale is such a big deal when even their discounted prices barely match regular year long prices of 3rd party stores. The last few games I've bought were either cheaper or within $1-2 of the summer sale price on steam. And I bought them at completely random on a whim. For example Dying Light Enhanced edition cost me $12. Steam offers it at an alleged 70% off for $15 now LOL

At least that was the official excuse, that the refunds could be abused if someone bought the game before the flash sale.

I have not purchased anything on impulse on steam since daily deals and flash sales were no longer a thing. And don't come at me with this crap that I already have everything I want. There are plenty of games and DLCs that I'd buy if there was a good deal on them. But 20-50% off from an already inflated price is not a good deal. I really don't get it why the sale is such a big deal when even their discounted prices barely match regular year long prices of 3rd party stores. The last few games I've bought were either cheaper or within $1-2 of the summer sale price on steam. And I bought them at completely random on a whim. For example Dying Light Enhanced edition cost me $12. Steam offers it at an alleged 70% off for $15 now LOL

Steam allows refunds if I recall if the price went lower within a week. So that isn't the reason anymore even if it was back then. I think it has more to do with what SmokeRngs said. Up front it was a great way to sell off older games which historically had dead sales. Used to be you'd grab a game for $60, then wait a year and find it for $40. Depending on how popular the game was, it would go for $20 but there would typically be one copy per store. Sometimes, only one out of three local stores would have it. So coming to the digital age it made a lot of sense up front. You didn't have to print, distribute and stock low selling games. Put it out for $5 and you have a huge audience. Problem is it became hard to sell a new game for $60 when people could buy a game that was 1-2 years old for $5. So those days, at least on Steam, are over by developer/publisher choice. I think too many people were waiting a few months for a huge discount.

What stores are you buying from these days? Most stores outside of Steam I shop at don't have all the DLCs. That is really the one thing I mainly shop on Steam for these days. Problem is the DLC on Steam is often the same price as the base game.

What stores are you buying from these days? Most stores outside of Steam I shop at don't have all the DLCs. That is really the one thing I mainly shop on Steam for these days. Problem is the DLC on Steam is often the same price as the base game.
Mostly on cdkeys, occasionally on greenmangaming I got resident evil 2 and 3 remake from gmg for $17 each in April. They are 19 and 25 now on steam during the "big" sale. I only use the steam store for laughs nowadays.
Very few games have actual single player content DLCs, only cosmetics and stupid pre-order bonuses, and I come to realize that those are not worth paying any money for.

I bought the Doom Eternal Season Pass for $22.49...am very tempted to pick up Star Wars: Squadrons for $14.79

Wish they would put RDR2 on sale for under $30, that way, I could play it through Steam installed in Linux. (I have yet to get the Rockstar Games version to work through Lutris.)

Bought a bunch of indie stuff along with old school Doom games

Copy Kitty
Broken Reality
Lucah: Born of a Dream
Before Your Eyes
DOOM 64
Doom Classic Complete 2012
Valfaris
Journey
BELOW
Afterparty
Wattam