Steam Summer Sale 2011

There is a nice widescreen patch for KOTOR on WSG. There is also a patch to fix the crashing. KOTOR is great if you want to see where Mass Effect came from, and a good game in its own right.

Good to know, thanks.

The Longest Journey is down to $2.49, and its sequel Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is down to $4.99

Big fan of the Myst series, Syberia series, and Beyond Atlantis series. These worth picking up?

Finally jumped on KOTOR. I've been meaning to play it for awhile now, but I always miss the deals. I'll check out the widescreen patch and anything else I need to get it to run.

The Longest Journey is down to $2.49, and its sequel Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is down to $4.99

Big fan of the Myst series, Syberia series, and Beyond Atlantis series. These worth picking up?

I can tell you definitively that The Longest Journey is better. Dreamfall, not so much, but worth picking up as the sequel to TLJ, which is probably the best (and LONGEST) Adventure game of all time.

Bit on KOTOR, how can you refuse these deals when you're even semi-interested in a game? $2.50? that is ridiculous lol

Between JC1 and JC2, are they basically the same game? Am I going to hate myself for not buying and beating JC1 before JC2?

I would say just get 2, from reading the reviews, it sounds like 1 was nowhere near as fun. I just ordered JC2 and a bit of the DLC. At $5, I figure it'll be worth it even if I get bored after a few hours.

JC1 sucked. JC2 is great. They're not even in the same class as far as quality goes. It's like comparing Kane and Lynch to Mafia II.

Yes. I've had to restart Steam a few times to get Oblivion downloaded... kinda annoying.

Between JC1 and JC2, are they basically the same game? Am I going to hate myself for not buying and beating JC1 before JC2?

I finally managed to finish downloading Borderlands but I have to resume the transfer many times due to Steam pausing the downloads. I also had to restart the Steam client multiple times. A bit frustrating...

Like the other guys have mentioned, Just Cause is forgettable. The sequel is much better. This is personal opinion but the DLC is not worth the couple more credits -- the game is just as enjoyable without them.

Alright, I'm just going to get JC2, I was gonna get the GTA collection, but I've played those game so many times, I don't need to waste anymore time and money on them, lol.

And you guys were right, Borderlands is crazy good. First game I've stay up all night playing in a LONG time.

Borderlands is so fucking awesome. 7.50 for the GOTY edition is one of the best deals I've ever seen, value-for-money.

Borderlands is so fucking awesome. 7.50 for the GOTY edition is one of the best deals I've ever seen, value-for-money.

Yeah, definitely. The zombie pack is really cool, I just finished that expansion, well worth 8 dollars just in that

Can someone become my friend on Steam to get one of the tickets?

I'll probably delete you as a friend once we're done. No offense, I just don't really play online. :)

Edit: This has been done now. Thanks, guys!

Last edited:
Magicka complete pack is now 66% off. Fun game and well worth the $8.50!

Bought a 2nd copy so my honey can play co-op with me!

Today's deal are pretty lackluster. Super Meat Boy's SALE price is $7.49? Give me a fucking break :rolleyes: I want the game but when games like BioShock or Darksiders can be had for $4.99 it seems odd to see a game like SMB to be priced higher as one of the "deals".

That said, my buys for today:
BioShock
BioShock 2
Hoard

...On the fence about SMB and Darksiders. I own Darksiders on Xbox 360 but I always go in favor of digital and getting rid of the physical so it might be worth the $5 just for that fact alone. I might even be able to flip the 360 version to more than pay for the Steam version :p

For anyone that doesn't have Magicka or Darksiders I can definitely say they are both amazing steals for that price. Everything else today is pretty "meh" but you'll get your money's worth with those two.

You're nuts if you dont' buy Magicka, unless you don't like that type of game.

Darksiders for $5 is a f'n STEAL! For PC gamers without a console, this is a G-R-E-A-T action/adventure title! Think god of war married zelda.

Also got Magicka because everyone I know loves it. Even if the demo put me to sleep in 5 seconds.

Magicka is hilarious and awesome coop fun. Darksiders is a solid single player action game with an epic story. Hoard isn't worth your time, much less money.

Bit on Just cause 2. It just looks too fun to pass up for $5. On the fence about Draksnipers but for $5 hmm.

Is the Magicka DLC worth it? I already own the core game but none of the DLC.

Thinking about getting Darksiders and trading in my Ps3 copy to Gamestop.

If you enjoy the main game then you'll probably get your money's worth on the DLC today seeing as it's pretty cheap. It's basically more of the same just in different, sometimes odd settings :p

Most of the DLC doesn't add much but its so cheap why not? If you love Magicka and want to support little obscure devs, go for it.

Bit on Just cause 2. It just looks too fun to pass up for $5. On the fence about Draksnipers but for $5 hmm.

Draksnipers?....I missed that one, is that the one about the sniping dragons??? :D
Darksiders is a heck of a deal for $5!

Ep 2 for $1.99 is great deal, for the few that don't already own it.

Today is the first day I actually bought a game released in 2011.

Magicka :)

Magicka is great, already owned it, but i picked up the DLC. GREAT CO-OP game, not so much single player though.

OP updated.

Today's deals more or less suck.

Only for those of us who already own the games on sale :) BC2 for $5, SMB for $7.50, Darksiders for $5, Magica for $3.39, Bioshock 2 for $5, AVP for $5, HL2 ep2 for $1.99, PvZ for $3.39... all pretty good deals on good games. Remember, just because you have something on sale in your collection doesn't mean everybody does :D

OMG. I never realized how hard on the wallet these steam sales are!
I think I've already spent close to $60 and it's only day 3.

OMG. I never realized how hard on the wallet these steam sales are!
I think I've already spent close to $60 and it's only day 3.

I think I am up to 50.00 after today.

I already own BF2 retail. I want to get BF2 Vietnam. But I can't buy it from Steam if I own the game retail. It cost 8.99 on the EA site I think. The whole BF2 pack on Steam is only 9.99.

Or am I missing something here?

Only for those of us who already own the games on sale :) BC2 for $5, SMB for $7.50, Darksiders for $5, Magica for $3.39, Bioshock 2 for $5, AVP for $5, HL2 ep2 for $1.99, PvZ for $3.39... all pretty good deals on good games. Remember, just because you have something on sale in your collection doesn't mean everybody does :D

I don't have any of them. I'm just not interested.

I think I am up to 50.00 after today.

I already own BF2 retail. I want to get BF2 Vietnam. But I can't buy it from Steam if I own the game retail. It cost 8.99 on the EA site I think. The whole BF2 pack on Steam is only 9.99.

Or am I missing something here?

Yeah. sounds like you are missing a good deal. you better get on that... :D

empty-wallet.jpg

I can't pass up BFBC2, Magicka +DLC and Bioshock 2 for $20. I'm doing pretty well so far, total of $35 on this sale so far...

Magicka is a great game, all of you should buy it, it has a great sense of humor and the gameplay is kinda unique, I don't think it's been done this well before.

Anyways

2uhbwo8.jpg

Yeah. sounds like you are missing a good deal. you better get on that... :D

empty-wallet.jpg

Planned on it! :D

I spent 10.00 on the 1st day, nothing on the 2nd, and 40.00 today. And I am waiting for a few other games to be on sale to grab them. The last day of this whole sale I will grab whatever I didn't get.

EDIT: I need more Steam buds now. HEHE

Back