Steam sell 3Dmark everything for 4.49 on sale.

I find the stability tests in this tool invaluable when building or assembling new PCs for customers. If it passes the 20 minute stress tests it’s good to go and I can see temperatures and benchmarks relative to other systems to know my system is performing properly. I’ve also found it useful to relay to customers what kind of performance they should expect relative to other systems on the market with the easy to read benchmarks.

I find the stability tests in this tool invaluable when building or assembling new PCs for customers. If it passes the 20 minute stress tests it’s good to go and I can see temperatures and benchmarks relative to other systems to know my system is performing properly. I’ve also found it useful to relay to customers what kind of performance they should expect relative to other systems on the market with the easy to read benchmarks.

How do the stability tests perform compared to prime95 ?

3Dmark bencmhark is in my opion probable the last important aspect of system performance when comparisons different systems. i think Hardopc had a nice article on why we should not but so big emphasis on a single test especially when its pretty much synthetic. it is a nice tool to have though when bundled up with other metrics.

huh, not bad. i picked up the base last time it was on sale. ill have to check if i can get the upgrades for cheap... oh and for my fellow canucks, its only $5.09CAN.
edit: looks like i have everything except port royal. dont have rt anyways...

Last edited:
How do the stability tests perform compared to prime95 ?
I find them much more real world than prime 95.

Prime95 and Furmark are worth using if you want to have absolutely the utmost confidence that your equipment is stable but neither represent any real world use case for the average enthusiasts, much less average computer user. The stability test in 3D Mark judges how the computer performs with real world use cases, and gives you a stability percentage. Above 97% is considered stable. That means your CPU isn't throttling and your GPU isn't throttling, and there aren't frame drops. In reality, I've found that if it passes the 3D Mark stability tests, it's absolutely good enough for real world use. I've clocked almost 180 hours on my copy with many dozens of PCs. I just install Steam on the PC i'm going to test it against, download it and let it rip. It's also good for validating used GPUs are stable and reliable. So with my small crypto farm, I'll always run an incoming our outgoing card through it to test for stability. It picks up any issue easily. I'm a big fan of the stress test/stability test function

I recently even used it to determine an OEM (non overclockable) 11700f wasn't a worthwhile upgrade for me over my overclocked 6950X. (knowing that 3D Mark artificially favors "new" hardware more than old - even so).

also shows how imoportant dual channel ram is on the rocket lake CPU. One stick of 8GB RAM 3200mhz RAM scored significantly lower than 4 sticks of 2400mhz RAM with no other changes (12,000 to 15,000 score)
1620315102241.jpeg

Last edited:
I find them much more real world than prime 95.

Not trying to turn this into a fight but how is 3Dmark real world uses a compute as purpose and not a tool?
Prime95 has a realworld purpose. like 7-zip handbrake they have a product besides jsut the testing. 3Dmark does not. its not based on any real world code

Last edited:
Dam, can't buy it again just to get the locked tests on my copy of 3dMark. :( I really wanted the raytrace and dlss tests but it would cost more to buy the missing tests that are included with this deal. I was going to permanently remove it from my steam account to rebuy but apparently " In addition, should you repurchase this game in the future, you will not receive a different CD key." so I guess that means I'd be missing the tests if the key was the same. Oh well...

Not trying to turn this into a fight but how is 3Dmark real world uses a compute as purpose and not a tool?
Prime95 has a realworld purpose. like 7-zip handbrake they have a product besides jsut the testing. 3Dmark does not. its not based on any real world code
Saying it’s much more representative of real world use, temps, and stability than furmark or prime95.
If I edit video or play games - my temps and usages mirror more closely what I see in 3D mark 20 minute stress tests

Dam, can't buy it again just to get the locked tests on my copy of 3dMark. :( I really wanted the raytrace and dlss tests but it would cost more to buy the missing tests that are included with this deal. I was going to permanently remove it from my steam account to rebuy but apparently " In addition, should you repurchase this game in the future, you will not receive a different CD key." so I guess that means I'd be missing the tests if the key was the same. Oh well...
Maybe you could get this if you had someone else purchase it and gift it to you.

Can't you just buy the $8.98 bundle directly from the website? I might just end up uninstalling the Steam version cuz I'm running into the same issues as LurkerLito
https://benchmarks.ul.com/3dmark#windows

I think it was brought up in another thread for this deal.
I didn't even think about checking their website for the standalone version lol. Yeah that might be the better way to go. Thanks.

Saying it’s much more representative of real world use, temps, and stability than furmark or prime95.
If I edit video or play games - my temps and usages mirror more closely what I see in 3D mark 20 minute stress tests
Gotcha. agree on that part

I bought this. One unexpected problem I'm having is that because this is tied to steam, I can't run the benchmark on more than one computer at the same time... It makes sense that I wouldn't be able to play the same game on two different computers simultaneously using the same steam account, but a benchmark is different. Using 3dmark NOT through steam, there had never been any limit to the number of systems that it could run on simultaneously. Obviously one of the main purposes of a benchmark is to compare different computers, so this is pretty annoying.

I bought this. One unexpected problem I'm having is that because this is tied to steam, I can't run the benchmark on more than one computer at the same time... It makes sense that I wouldn't be able to play the same game on two different computers simultaneously using the same steam account, but a benchmark is different. Using 3dmark NOT through steam, there had never been any limit to the number of systems that it could run on simultaneously. Obviously one of the main purposes of a benchmark is to compare different computers, so this is pretty annoying.
try offline mode, might work.

Finally has some time to mess with this. Good thing I did before I was able to get a 3080 and decided to go full out and try to snag a Kingpin 3090 HC. The 112% power limit on this POS XC card really hurts though.

1621774930710.png

Does the Steam version provide you with a key so you can install it outside of Steam? I hate when non-game apps keep trying to be a part of my Steam library.

is buying on Steam better then the standalone versions?...so Steam would need to be running in the background during the 3DMark tests?

is buying on Steam better then the standalone versions?...so Steam would need to be running in the background during the 3DMark tests?
The keys for your Steam version will let you install the full standalone versions. When you install them they should pick up the keys in your registry automatically, but you can always look them up in Steam and enter them manually.

Back