Steam sale....The Witcher Director's Cut... $27.99

yay boobs. yes i'm very immature.

good price for a good game. the regular version is on amazon for $25, or buy used for around $17 and just patch it up. i think v1.5 removes all drm. but regardless, this is pretty cheap.. even ggamer is still selling it at $40 or $50

This seems like a pretty solid deal;

I have never played this game, I may have to read more about it now :D

yay boobs. yes i'm very immature.

good price for a good game. the regular version is on amazon for $25, or buy used for around $17 and just patch it up. i think v1.5 removes all drm. but regardless, this is pretty cheap.. even ggamer is still selling it at $40 or $50

patching it up takes forever btw =<

Wish I had time to play this. It's one of the few games that I meant to but never did. I might pick it up and play it in a few months from now.

Thanks!

From my research this game seems to be an action rpg, but I was wondering, what is the combat like. Is it like Fable 2? Also how indepth of an rpg is it?

Er, just making sure, Enhanced Edition and Enhanced Edition Director's Cut are two different versions?

Valve is super mad at you right now.

Still time for it cheaper through Valve @ $14 in the 50% more off weekend sale! :D

Wish I knew whether or not this game was one of the ones I bought 18 months ago... Don't need two copies, bought don't want to miss a $15 deal if it's something good...

Then again, how good is it if I've had to that long and never installed it...

Er, just making sure, Enhanced Edition and Enhanced Edition Director's Cut are two different versions?

All you need is the original version of the game, you can patch it to be the same as Enhanced Edition for free, and directors cut is another free patch available to both versions. So the most cost effective method is to buy the regular edition released in 2007 and upgrade it for free.

you just have to take simple steps of verifying your game serial on official site and dl patch

Can you buy this game used. i.e. does a used key make it unusable? Can I upgrade it to the enhanced edition?

It's cool. The goal of this forum is to save money!

But, I've heard it is kind of annoying and time consuming to patch from original version.
It is, I've been trying to get the 1.5 patch working with my install, but it's fighting me. It's not exactly a priority right now because I've been busy with work, but for those who don't mind working a bit to save some dough, it may be worth it.

It's pretty much like patching Company of Heroes, if people are familiar with that. In short, straightforward, but lots of large individual patches that all take a decent chunk of time to complete. It's something like 2-3 gigs of patches and addons.

I already own the retail version, and I'm still tempted to Steam it just because I've been reformatting my computer a lot recently. :( haha

Can you buy this game used. i.e. does a used key make it unusable? Can I upgrade it to the enhanced edition?

i dont think the game being used is a problem, because all the patches have mirrors that do not require registration from the official website. plus, v1.5 disables the DRM from the game, so i wouldnt think a used copy is a problem

patch to v1.4 (EE)
http://www.fileradar.net/files/view/The-Witcher_The-Witcher-1.4-Patch/5358

or v1.4 + other overboard things (this one's a big doozy) if you want it
http://www.fileplanet.com/191956/190000/fileinfo/The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition-Ultimate-Patch

v1.5
http://www.filefront.com/13995303/worthplaying/TheWitcher_v1.5_Patch.zip/

DC
http://download774.filefront.com/rewr3elylcbg/14166325/directorscutpatch.exe

in all (1.4 + 1.5 + DC), it's around 1.6GB of downloads but you get to save $13 when buying from newegg, though you just have to wait for them to deliver the box.

So is the NewEgg version with patches the same as the 'unrated' version?

Sad to say, I have the original 'adult' version I bought from Fry's and never installed it to know if it really is adult.

Ah well. In a weird twist of irony I lost the game box in a fury of cleaning a couple weeks ago. guess its time to get it on Steam now.

Awesome game but for the Steam price wouldn't you just be better off getting the Enhanced Edition and then patching it up? I bought the Enhanced Edition for $39.99 on release and it came with a Soundtrack CD (the game has an excellent soundtrack), music inspired by CD, a story written by the author who's series of books The Witcher is based on, a making of DVD, a game a guide, and a map of the gameworld.

I'm sure you can get it for cheap now and I believe it's DRM free, it would kind of suck to miss out on all that good stuff.

Awesome game but for the Steam price wouldn't you just be better off getting the Enhanced Edition and then patching it up? I bought the Enhanced Edition for $39.99 on release and it came with a Soundtrack CD (the game has an excellent soundtrack), music inspired by CD, a story written by the author who's series of books The Witcher is based on, a making of DVD, a game a guide, and a map of the gameworld.

I'm sure you can get it for cheap now and I believe it's DRM free, it would kind of suck to miss out on all that good stuff.

All of that stuff is digital/free too for the normal version -> EE, except for the physical map obviously :D

Back