Steam Sale Live now!

1. ROCKETR
2. GoS CPT Stewart (not a member here but ROCKETR's friend)
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight

I am also interested in JC2 ..

1. ROCKETR
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight
6.TED (steam ID is different if needed will send through PM)

1. ROCKETR
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight
6.TED
7. DNR

Will be purchasing again shortly, stay tuned. I'm going on someone else's word that I'll receive 8 copies to gift and not 7 (I already own one). If only 7 show up to gift, the price will go up ~$1ea

Last edited:
yep. i've gotten two games from Gambit in the past hour

Grrrrr.

The woman is napping and I've been tapping my fingers on my desk for almost an hour. I want to parachute out of a helicopter at max altitude while raining grenades on an orphanage >_<

1. ROCKETR
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight
6.TED
7. DNR

One spot open.

I'm trying to find solid info on gifting policy for group buys. Otherwise it'll cause a nightmare of "oh, you guys didn't pay enough and oh yeah... you don't get anything at all"

Then add yourself to the list. I'm not sorting through PM and post timestamps to figure out who said "in!" first.

If theres any more interest to do another group buy, I don't mind coordinating it if needed.

If theres any more interest to do another group buy, I don't mind coordinating it if needed.

I believe I've gotten a few pm's that are "I'm in!" that didn't add themselves to the list. I'd guess that you have a list that's ~1/2 full.

So far, I can't find anything concrete on how well gift packs work when buying them a second time. Only info I can find says that you can't gift stuff you already have unless there's special circumstances (namely HL2, etc)

Once I hear from the people on my list:

1. ROCKETR
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight
6.TED
7. DNR
8. Modred189

That they're willing to pay ~$8.50 ea, I'll make the buy. Worst case, it looks like 450 is putting together a group as well. If Steam *does* short me, unfortunately Modred will be bumped off the list (and refunded of course)

I believe I've gotten a few pm's that are "I'm in!" that didn't add themselves to the list. I'd guess that you have a list that's ~1/2 full.

So far, I can't find anything concrete on how well gift packs work when buying them a second time.

Well, I have to go service the wife, so I will be MIA for a while, if it's not solved by then I might step up...

K I think it was a problem with my junk email. Got it re-sent and I'm downloading now.

Big high-five's for Gambit spreading all this holiday joy and shrapnel :)

yeah Gamobit rocks, didnt have any issues with him in the group buy. 450 is a good guy too.

That they're willing to pay ~$8.50 ea, I'll make the buy. Worst case, it looks like 450 is putting together a group as well. If Steam *does* short me, unfortunately Modred will be bumped off the list (and refunded of course)

Count on Stewart and myself as ready. Curious though, isn't it $7.50 a copy?

You know, screw it. For $8, I'll take one for the team and be the guinea pig and order it. I'll let you guys know what happens. I'm sure sometime between now and Christmas, someone will want it if people back out.

Count on Stewart and myself as ready. Curious though, isn't it $7.50 a copy?

That is correct, but I already purchased the group pack once, so I already have a copy. If I buy it a second time, do I get 8 to gift, or does it "eat" one (that one that I would normally get and only give me 7 to gift? If I only have 7, then it's 59.99 / 7 = 8.57

Is this the last day of deals, or does it include tomorrow? if it includes tomorrow, make sure your wishlist is still at 10.

That is correct, but I already purchased the group pack once, so I already have a copy. If I buy it a second time, do I get 8 to gift, or does it "eat" one (that one that I would normally get and only give me 7 to gift? If I only have 7, then it's 59.99 / 7 = 8.57

Ah, I see. Fair enough!

That's nice of you Gambit but somebody else volunteered to be the leader if needed.

Not sure what to think. It says "Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own." ... but has a continue button. Dare I push the button?!

"Give and Get Thanksgiving Sale
Users who purchase a special daily 'Gift Pack' during the 'Give and Get' sale, November 24 - 29th, will be able to give away the extra copies of the games. If you already own the game in the Gift Pack, you will be able to give all copies of the games to friends.
If you don't already own the game in the Gift Pack, one copy will be registered to your account and you can give away the remaining copies."

That's weird that you couldnt buy it.

Not sure what to think. It says "Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own." ... but has a continue button. Dare I push the button?!

Yes >:]

Hold on, what are we doing now? Am I doing the GB now or is Gambit still doing it?

"Give and Get Thanksgiving Sale
Users who purchase a special daily 'Gift Pack' during the 'Give and Get' sale, November 24 - 29th, will be able to give away the extra copies of the games. If you already own the game in the Gift Pack, you will be able to give all copies of the games to friends.
If you don't already own the game in the Gift Pack, one copy will be registered to your account and you can give away the remaining copies."

That's weird that you couldnt buy it.

450 where'd you see that?

Sickb0y, I tried, and it takes me to the same screen =\

I'll see what I can dig up from the guys at Steam, but as it is right now, I'm unfortunately gonna have to step down from this group buy... and after I added the 100 to my Steam wallet.. quite the racket..

Sorry for the hassle guys.

It's from Steam's extra copies guide. The link pops up at the bottom if you've already purchased an item in a pack.

I CAN'T BUY IT EITHER! :(

I tried but I can't buy it. So one of you guys at the bottom will have to coordinate the group buy.

Just Cause 2
1. ROCKETR
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight
6.TED
7. DNR
8. Modred189

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.

I think if I already purchased JC2 alone, I could buy the gift pack. I think it's throwing a flag because I already (specifically) purchased the gift pack once already. My hope is that it's a bug and if they do this again, it'll be worked out for Christmas.

I wouldn't mind getting in on a group buy for JC2 as well. I've never tried it but it looks cool.

1. ROCKETR
3. fillup
4. BXVeTeRaN
5. Manaknight
6.TED
7. DNR
8. Modred189
Ok, I'll do the buy.
I need everyone on this list to pm me your steam IDs PayPal IDs and emails and send the payments to my Paypal ID, which I will PM you back with. Once I get them all, I will buy the pack and send the gifts all at once.
ANy problems with that?

I will need to hear from you by, say, 9pmEastern time, otherwise I will open it up to more people.

Last edited:
So long as you don't mind coordinating it and didn't already buy the pack, it's probably the best way *to* do it.

Thanks for taking the lead, Modred!

Also, thanks to Gambit for helping organize us. :p It's a shame that we couldn't get it to work, but we appreciate the effort!

Back