Steam Sale Live now!

Its looking bleak for someone helping a fellow [H] forumer out with the ARMA2 pack and the extra expansion.
5:16 to go

:(

Or so you thought......

I bit on two copies of L4D2 as gifts. My sister in law will probably kill me for getting her son hooked on another zombie game. :D

Let me put in my 2 cents regarding ArmA2.

Yes, it is a game that has a bit of a learning curve. Yes, it is a lot more of a milsim than a standard FPS. But frankly, people in here are blowing the learning curve WAY out of proportion. It doesn't take you "hours" of training to be able to shoot anything. Really the only difficult thing is to learn how to command a squad properly, and you don't necessarily even have to do that if you don't want to.

For $23, the ArmA2 pack is an amazing deal. Bohemia Interactive is one of the best developers I've ever experienced, not only for the quality of the product that they put out, but also for the constant direct developer support they give their products. The developers are on the forums all the time discussing bug fixes and new content with the users, and they have a bug tracker where users can post issues where they are directly addressed by the devs. I've never seen a development company with a better relationship with their customers than BIS.

Plus, the amount of value you get in gaming for $23 is amazing. The game has a ton of features, including a LOT of weapons and vehicles, all of which are usable. Plus, there are a ton of user-made mods out that make the game even more amazing.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're on the fence about getting this, definitely get it. It's worth full price, let alone $23. I've bought it twice now, once for the standalone game and again with Operation Arrowhead.

What he said. Right now I am hooked on the Invasion 1944 mod. Between that, the base game, and the ACE2 mod I am a happy camper.

It's worth full price, let alone $23. I've bought it twice now, once for the standalone game and again with Operation Arrowhead.

For just $27.48 total, you also got the ARMA II: British Armed Forces DLC for Arrowhead.

I might bid on left 4 dead 2 but im not sure. I found the first one very repetitive & it got boring ot me very fast. How is the 2nd left for dead?

needing a degree shouldn't be a requirement.

Yes it should. This isn't an FPS - it's a simulation.
:rolleyes:

Exactly right ARMA II is not something you can just jump in and start playing. Expect basic training to take hours. You won't even be able to hit someone with a rifle at range or in bad weather until you've been playing for a while.

My main objection is how poor the AI was and how cumbersome the controls are (even for a sim).

I think what rubbed me the wrong way about Arma II was the inconsistency in the graphics. Bodies look great, faces look horrid. Grass looks amazing windowsills look like they were made in mspaint. Before even getting to the gameplay I was pretty turned off on it.
you people make this game sound awful

Doh, I missed out on the Dawn Of War II pack, but L4D2 and Supreme Commander 2 will keep me busy until it goes on sale again.

Finally decided to bite on Torchlight yesterday. It's on sale during every event that Steam has, and I've managed to talk myself out of it until now.

To make a long story short, bought it at 11:45pm, starting playing at about midnight, didn't go to bed until almost 4:30.....god damnit this does not bode well for when Diablo III finally comes out.

Best $5 I've spent in a while though.

Or so you thought......

I bit on two copies of L4D2 as gifts. My sister in law will probably kill me for getting her son hooked on another zombie game. :D

OMG Your AWSOME MAN!

Thanks a million sent you a pm and leaving ya heat that is if its under your board name. LOL Forgot to ask ya about that in the pm. :D

Nope heatware doesn't exists under your user name. Another pm inbound.

you people make this game sound awful

You either like that type of game or you don't. There really isn't any middle ground. Its the same with any game prides itself on being as sim-like as possible. Games like GT or other racing sims also sound horrible to people who aren't fans of them.

It's 3 years old. Should be in the bargain bin.

Don't look now, but only an hour into the sale, and COD4's already broken into the top sellers tab on Steam. The only other game in the current sale that's already made the list is L4D2 @ $5.

Yup, even at $15, and even after three years, it's a big seller.

Looks like Episodes from Liberty City and SupCom 2 for me. I thought about the audio pack for $5... but the only game that really intrigued me was audio surf.

Don't look now, but only an hour into the sale, and COD4's already broken into the top sellers tab on Steam. The only other game in the current sale that's already made the list is L4D2 @ $5.

Yup, even at $15, and even after three years, it's a big seller.

You gotta think about how many of our military have been over seas for years. I'm sure many of the military shooter sales are going to those who have come home who haven't had the ability to play it on pc or at all yet. Just a hunch.

Finally decided to bite on Torchlight yesterday. It's on sale during every event that Steam has, and I've managed to talk myself out of it until now.

To make a long story short, bought it at 11:45pm, starting playing at about midnight, didn't go to bed until almost 4:30.....god damnit this does not bode well for when Diablo III finally comes out.

Best $5 I've spent in a while though.

Argh, I should have bit on Torchlight!

You gotta think about how many of our military have been over seas for years. I'm sure many of the military shooter sales are going to those who have come home who haven't had the ability to play it on pc or at all yet. Just a hunch.

A sale is a sale, pubs don't care why it sells. There's no incentive for the pub to drop a price on an item all the way to $5 if dropping it halfway to $15 already makes it a top seller? Dropping it to $5, you have to hope three times as many people buy it to net the same profit. Too many people already own it to hope for that, so hence, leave it at $15.

Dammit. I was going to get Empire: Total War but was not home last night and forgot this morning. Oh well, bit on SupCom2 and Liberty City.

Is there a way to buy a gift and send the gift @ a later date? I dont know his steam ID or his email right now. L4D2 @ 5 bucks is a must :eek:

it was not what i was expecting.

i think there is a demo to try first

Is there a way to buy a gift and send the gift @ a later date? I dont know his steam ID or his email right now. L4D2 @ 5 bucks is a must :eek:

From the Steam website:

How can I deliver the gift at a later date?
If you are interested in purchasing a subscription for someone as a gift but do not want it delivered until a later date, please purchase the game as a gift sent to your own email address. As long as you do not redeem it, you will have a guest pass for this subscription on your account that can be resent at anytime.

I still have valid "gifts" from group buys I bought during last year's holiday sales.

Laura Croft looks awesome, wish I could pick it up! The Nynx game looks interesting too, and if theres 10 people, its only 1.49 per copy!

Might be able to send it through e-mail to yourself and manage it later via Steam. Just don't click on the link to redeem. I am unsure as I have not done that myself.

EDIT: Doh...beat me to it.

Last edited:
If anyone bought the Episode from Liberty City pack, 6 games for $45, I'm up for one copy for $7.50. PM me if your interested.

On that King's bounty, if I buy the three pack, can I gift the two I already have?

Crap, I wish I new about gifting to your email. Guess I'll have to wait for Steams Xmas sale to buy some gifts for friends :)

Crap, I wish I new about gifting to your email. Guess I'll have to wait for Steams Xmas sale to buy some gifts for friends :)

It just goes to your gifts tied to your own acct.

Go to your client, click games>Manage gifts and guest passes... and you'll find 'em there.

And you can then re-send the e-mail whenever to whoever you like from there, or send it directly to them via Steam if they're on your friends list...

A sale is a sale, pubs don't care why it sells. There's no incentive for the pub to drop a price on an item all the way to $5 if dropping it halfway to $15 already makes it a top seller? Dropping it to $5, you have to hope three times as many people buy it to net the same profit. Too many people already own it to hope for that, so hence, leave it at $15.

Who the hell said anything about it needing to be dropped to $5? It still sells and that's why its still at it's pricepoint. I stated the fact its back in the top sellers because people are getting it for gifts to the armed forces I'm sure of that.

Bit on L4D2.

Been meaning to muck around with that one for a while, now was the perfect time :p

Can anyone who purchase or owns NYXQuest tell me if they are experiencing this "whenever I click on the desktop icon or Play, the game loads then crashes immediately."

i cant get the game to load at all. Ive tryed searching the steam forums & google. There doesnt seem to be a fix for this. I bought the game as a gift from another user for 1.50 but I want to try it

Back