Steam Sale Live now!

Just waiting for TED, and we will be ready to go...

BTW, for those who did this before...
How doe sit work exactly? DOes it automatically assign one for you and then 7 gifts?

How doe sit work exactly? DOes it automatically assign one for you and then 7 gifts?

yep. When you go into steam click on Games at the top, then "manage gifts and guest passes" - from there you can see all the keys you have left and you can send them out.

Damn! Everyones getting in on some JC2 action, I cant wait to install it. Looks like a fun title.

catmug said:
I'm in for the JC2 group buy...I just can't post in the Hot deals section because I don't have 50 posts. What do I need to do?

Got this pm from catmug. so we are getting close

Apparently I can post here now...here is the new group buy list to this point:

1. Volkum
2. Tzzird
3. Freewolf
4. Aleks
5. Catmug

[EDIT} Tzzird beat me to it :)

1. Volkum
2. Tzzird
3. freewolf
4. Aleks
5. Catmug
6. Group Zebra
7. mayhem87

Adding Group Zebra and mayhem87 from PM (neither have 50 to post here yet).

Yes. If you purchased JC2 separately (not the gift pack), you'll have 8 gifts. If you don't have it, you get one and 7 gifts. You can manage your gifts through Gifts -> Manage Gifts and Guest Passes menu. From there, just click on the game, click the send button, type in the e-mail address or click the steam id (if they're on your friend list) and click send.

You can only send to one address / steam id once in 24hrs. For example, you can only send to [email protected] once per 24hrs, though you can opt to resend that gift (say, to: [email protected]) to a different address (which will invalidate the e-mail sent to [email protected]). Basically, they don't want you to be able to spam to one address. Clear as mud?

Yup. Wasn't too bad at all, I must say. Though Steam does not let you copy and paste the email address in, you have to put it in manually. LAME.

On a side note, My group's invites have been sent.

Dunno. I've never personally experienced any of this, and I've purchased almost 400 games on Steam.

Doesn't hurt to just create a ticket and have 'em let you know it's nothing to worry about?

It seems the problem was a slightly misspelled address.:eek:

I must of typed in the wrong address the last time I added funds to the wallet.

Yup. Wasn't too bad at all, I must say. Though Steam does not let you copy and paste the email address in, you have to put it in manually. LAME.

On a side note, My group's invites have been sent.

Hmm... pasting the e-mail in works fine here. Both ctrl+v and rightclick->paste.

Either way, thanks for taking care of that :tup:

1. Volkum
2. Tzzird
3. freewolf
4. Aleks
5. Catmug
6. Group Zebra
7. mayhem87
8. danbanger

Adding Group Zebra and mayhem87 from PM (neither have 50 to post here yet).

weeee. This is for JC 2 @ $7.50 right?

Looks like we are there. If everyone will pm me where to sent the invites I will reply with my PP address and once everyone sends their PP I will purchase and send out the invites. One note please send PP as gift so I don't have to pay fees.

I'm in for the last spot Volkum, if someone hasn't filled it already.......................NM, didnt realize I had opened this post in a new tab a while ago, spot is filled.

Anyone starting another group buy?

I've never done this on steam before (game gifting), how does this work? Will I get an email or will I just be able to download the game?

Anyways thank you freewolf for leading this.

give your email to the buyer and you'll get an email.

This is probably what, the 5th group we've done for JC2?

I've never done this on steam before (game gifting), how does this work? Will I get an email or will I just be able to download the game?

I sent an invite to your email. once you accept it you will download the game
Everyone who has paid has been sent an invite. I have one left awaiting payment

Back