Steam Outage: Major, Right now

erek

[H]F Junkie
"With the apparent exception of the web API, it obviously looks like Steam's taken a bit of a tumble."

1596670599535.png

1596670582860.png

https://steamstat.us/

https://twitter.com/SteamStatus/status/1291149480155385856

I guess it depends on where you are and your account. I tried logging in and it worked immediately.

Seems to be brief. I lost friends connection then connection to steam servers. Restarted steam a few minutes ago and its back online for me.

Reactions: erek
like this
Yeah, I saw some people were missing games in their library, like games they owned disappeared. Maybe related.

Reactions: erek
like this
Now Youtube live streams are having connection issues. In all seriousness, I wonder if a cyberattack of some sort is occurring, even a low key one. Steam and Youtube livestreams never go down, that I have seen.

I noticed the big one yesterday that you can see in that chart, Today's didn't hit me.

Now Youtube live streams are having connection issues. In all seriousness, I wonder if a cyberattack of some sort is occurring, even a low key one. Steam and Youtube livestreams never go down, that I have seen.
Call of Duty had about 20m of locking up too. We were all sitting at 600+ for a fw rounds.

YouTube was having trouble last week, Twitter was hacked, now Steam. Either lockdowns are catching up with us or there could be a massive cyber attack.

YouTube was having trouble last week, Twitter was hacked, now Steam. Either lockdowns are catching up with us or there could be a massive cyber attack.
2 weeks ago Steam/Valve identified a hardware issue going on with a switch to fix some networking errors in games. I assume they were replacing that switch though Steam didnt explicitly say so. Ever since that time, Steam has had a ton of issues with servers and networking in general throughout the world. So whatever they did with regards to that switch completely screwed over their infrastructure.

maybe with it down i will have less that 5 attempts per day to steal my account?

Or it was planned maintenance? Worked fine for me...never noticed.

Back