Steam oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I bought l4d2 on steam a while back, and I have been trying to get one of my friends to start playing too. l4d2 went on sale, and I gifted it to him. Somehow, when he opened up steam, he missed his gift notification, realized that l4d2 was on sale, and he purchased a copy for himself. Now I am stuck with it I can resend it to someone else. There is no way to get a refund, i guess. Can I legally sell it?

So, I bought l4d2 on steam a while back, and I have been trying to get one of my friends to start playing too. l4d2 went on sale, and I gifted it to him. Somehow, when he opened up steam, he missed his gift notification, realized that l4d2 was on sale, and he purchased a copy for himself. Now I am stuck with it I can resend it to someone else. There is no way to get a refund, i guess. Can I legally sell it?

You should PM the mods and ask. Possibly Oldie.

In first with the 'please send it to me' request if they let you :)
But hopefully they will give you a refund....odd that they let you buy multiple copies of the same game for the same account

In first with the 'please send it to me' request if they let you :)
But hopefully they will give you a refund....odd that they let you buy multiple copies of the same game for the same account

Huh? :confused: He was asking if he could sell it here, not give it away.

Steam doesnt like people selling gifts but you can try to ask their Support for refund.

Yeah, as long as it's not claimed I don't see why they won't refund you. Just send in a ticket and send what happened and I'm sure they'll fix it for you to.

At the very least you can try and sell it on the ebay. Wait till the sale is over and sell it for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back