Steam Discussion Thread

There is audio based haptic feedback as well, which will make it more compatible with a wider variety of games, I am fine with it as long as I still get sound through my headphones. But currently it is one or the other.

Also the D-Pad is superior on the DS4 IMO, been using the DualSense for 3 weeks and still prefer my DS4 for Tekken 7. DualSense is better in games that require precision with the joysticks, it's second best to a mouse.

Steam updated their policy...now you can only change your Steam account's country once every three months...it's an attempt by Valve to crack down on people exploiting cheaper prices in other countries...

I just noticed people selling Steam Accounts on ebay some go for big bucks but its not a good investment unless you want a ton of dated games.

Nothing I want refunded everything I thought I wanted with Epic giving stuff out like Control it takes alot for me to purchase something even the adult games suck. I have Deathloop preordered BF2042 and just bought Dark Alliance a 2nd time still downloading. Pathfinder is a instant buy along with maybe Gearboxes Tina Tina's whatever land.

I own alot of Epic games because was unwilling to wait a year or more.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is still $40 even with the Summer Sale discount??...it's been 1.5 years since it came out on PC and I was expecting a bigger discount...

Last edited:
Just so happens to be my birthday, so got myself these:

Backlog additions.png

Wound up buying Borderlands 3 (base game only since almost all of the DLC are rated poorly) to play with friends.

Picked up 3 games refunded two if them kept Chimeria Squad. Refunded Wolfenstein Youngblood and Greedfall. 2nd time I bought all three games. I would if kept them all but don't think I have the time Refunded maybe 40 games this year. I mean BF 2042 is right around the corner plus it will be heavy populated. Also really want the new Pathfinder game anything to get away from first person shooters. Even though BF 2042 is one it has alot going on at one time.

I would of been out a few dollars on some crap games otherwise. It's good to know I beta tested the refund system for you guys.
You give me a good game I won't refund it I think the biggest mistake was pre ordering Back 4 Blood. I refunded that after the Alpha didn't
live up to the hype didn't look like Left for Dead at all. I refunded about 20 adult games that were just horrid trash =) You gotta figure the Dev are doing it for money just like the next Dev. Also only game two days a week if that so I just look all the time about the next nerophrine dopamine pixel imagery.

Last edited:
I would of been out a few dollars on some crap games otherwise. It's good to know I beta tested the refund system for you guys.
You give me a good game I won't refund it I think the biggest mistake was pre ordering Back 4 Blood. I refunded that after the Alpha didn't
live up to the hype didn't look like Left for Dead at all. I refunded about 20 adult games that were just horrid trash =) You gotta figure the Dev are doing it for money just like the next Dev. Also only game two days a week if that so I just look all the time about the next nerophrine dopamine pixel imagery.
I'm just surprised they haven't flagged you for abusing the system or something.

he refunds 98% of games...very rarely finishes or even gets past the starting area of games...I'm surprised Steam has not banned him yet from refunds...they stated that anyone that abuses the system will be banned from further refunds

And your right because you posted that? Don't believe everything you think...

Refunds are automated Gabe doesn't say hey look he's abusing the multi million dollar digital service.

His issue is he buys too many games.
Your issue is you never buy a game.

I had to say it I had to say it I had to say it I had to say it

you're referring to Cyberpunk and using that as your baseline?...the CP2077 fanboys are silly...want to see my Steam/Origin/Uplay/Epic games list?...let's compare it to yours...looking at your recent posting history you mostly post in the CP2077 and Star Citizen threads which says it all...I just have the patience and ability to wait and don't fall for the Day 1 release syndrome that a lot of gamers have...unless it's a From Software title (and maybe Rocksteady) I don't need to play a game on Day 1...I have other interests, hobbies and an actual life outside of PC gaming (home theater, I'm a huge sports fan, travel etc)

nothing wrong with waiting for price drops, patches etc...buying every new AAA game on Day 1 does not make you a 'real' gamer

Last edited:
Steam Refunds

Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you

https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/#:~:text=Abuse,stop offering them to you.

He isn't doing it to get free games, so according to that description he isn't abusing it.

But I have heard from small developers that when games get refunded on Steam the developer actually loses money instead of getting nothing. I'm not sure if that's true, but I've seen several complain about it and how it eats even further into the 30% cut steam takes.

My interpretation of the refund system is that it's only supposed to be used if the game simply doesn't work on your PC or something. Not as a free trial to see if you like the game. But if Steam isn't stopping it they must be ok with it.

He isn't doing it to get free games, so according to that description he isn't abusing it.

My interpretation of the refund system is that it's only supposed to be used if the game simply doesn't work on your PC or something. Not as a free trial to see if you like the game. But if Steam isn't stopping it they must be ok with it.

no one really knows someone's real intentions when returning a game but in the end it doesn't matter because it's all about perception...returning 40 games is a crazy high number over 5 years much less 1 year so if you're Valve that would look suspicious...and as you said it's not supposed to be used as a free demo or trial...

More like commence whining. I'm miss flash deals. Steam sales use to be better. The game is 5 years old. It should be $5 not $10. Steam sales suck!
You;re right about that. The flash sales alone made it more interesting to check what had a bigger discount today vs. yesterday, etc. But the Steam and the indie / PC game online distriubtion system took off on the back of the volume that was a direct result of steam sales - they no longer want to offer their products at the kind of discounts they used to (which is fine, its their prerogative). Everything I'm looking to buy I'll check SteamDB to see price history. There are games that are 4, 5, 6 years old that had higher discounts 2 and 3 years ago than now. Weirdest of all, I'd say a solid 50% of what is currently on sale was cheaper during their last sale. The idea behind sales is to drive demand so you get people paying for your game that weren't going to. Offering lower discounts today than yesterday does the exact opposite. I really don't get what they're doing at this point.

Last edited:
You;re right about that. The flash sales alone made it more interesting to check what had a bigger discount today vs. yesterday, etc. But the Steam and the indie / PC game online distriubtion system took off on the back of the volume that was a direct result of steam sales - they no longer want to offer their products at the kind of discounts they used to (which is fine, its their prerogative). Everything I'm looking to buy I'll check SteamDB to see price history. There are games that are 4, 5, 6 years old that had higher discounts 2 and 3 years ago than now. Weirdest of all, I'd say a solid 50% of what is currently on sale was cheaper during their last sale. The idea behind sales is to drive demand so you get people paying for your game that weren't going to. Offering lower discounts today than yesterday does the exact opposite. I really don't get what they're doing at this point.

They are trying to take advantage of the fact that there are thousands if not millions of new players due to the pandemic who want to play games and don't know the prices of older games as they were not playing back then.

This trend should stabilise soon enough.

you're referring to Cyberpunk and using that as your baseline?...the CP2077 fanboys are silly...want to see my Steam/Origin/Uplay/Epic games list?...let's compare it to yours...looking at your recent posting history you mostly post in the CP2077 and Star Citizen threads which says it all...I just have the patience and ability to wait and don't fall for the Day 1 release syndrome that a lot of gamers have...unless it's a From Software title (and maybe Rocksteady) I don't need to play a game on Day 1...I have other interests, hobbies and an actual life outside of PC gaming (home theater, I'm a huge sports fan, travel etc)

nothing wrong with waiting for price drops, patches etc...buying every new AAA game on Day 1 does not make you a 'real' gamer
Lol, you are a riot.

I only jumped on you because you insisted on derailing every single positive comment about the game for bloody pages, when you never even played it. You have problems.

I looked at my wishlist for this sale and scoffed. Nearly everything was only at a 35% discount or worse. I don't even consider anything unless it is at least 50% off, and at that point I have to consider how soon I plan on playing that game. Otherwise the threshold of an instant buy for me is 75%. You can't "devalue" your brand, as Sony likes to say, if there is nobody buying your games in the first place.

He actually seems to not like games, but instead rambles on & on about them.
That's totally me, too! I enjoy them, just not playing them myself. Watching a let's play or a friend play is a good time. Me playing? Just criticise the game and how gamed are geared for dumb kids and how boring it is and 90% of the time I burn out within the first 60-120 minutes 🤦‍♂️

Hi. I have question. Today steam was auto updated and there was a list of changes pop in. Then i click restart and nothing happened. Then i manually start again steam. Did this happen to somebody?

Steam Client Beta overhauls downloads page and storage management

Participants in the Steam Client beta program just got access to a fancy new downloads page but the real boon is the new storage manager...this lets you see which drive games are installed on, and lets you easily move games between drives...

https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-clien...oads-page-and-storage-management-looks-great/

Looks like a nice upgrade for once. To be fair though, its not hard to move games between drives now.

Back