Steam Mobile App Beta Invites

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
So I was lucky enough to get into the steam mobile app beta today. I also received a tradable beta invite. I figure that a decent number of forum members use steam and have smartphones and would like to get in on this. So, first to PM gets it.

You can get more info about the app here: http://store.steampowered.com/mobile

Update: It appears that the app is now open to everyone. Invites are no longer needed.

Last edited:
i clicked the link, and it says to get it on android
i got it and now I am logged in
nevermind what a dick move on their part

i clicked the link, and it says to get it on android
i got it and now I am logged in
nevermind what a dick move on their part

I don't see how it's a dick move. It was just released (yesterday I think). I said it was a beta. The link takes you to a page that says it is a closed beta. The android market page says that it is a closed beta.

I don't see how it's a dick move. It was just released (yesterday I think). I said it was a beta. The link takes you to a page that says it is a closed beta. The android market page says that it is a closed beta.

"LIMITED BETA - TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE STEAM BETA, JUST DOWNLOAD THE APP AND SIGN IN"
Limited typically indicates limited time, not closed. They say go download and sign in, when they should have placed the terms on the page, not the android market page

it isn't so much of a dick move, as it is an oversight on their part. when they updated the info on the market page, they should have done so concurrently on the webpage

"LIMITED BETA - TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE STEAM BETA, JUST DOWNLOAD THE APP AND SIGN IN"
Limited typically indicates limited time, not closed. They say go download and sign in, when they should have placed the terms on the page, not the android market page

It says to express interest, not to get in.... pretty clear.

I am very interested in the steam mobile ap. Would love an invite..

it prevents you from logging in. it presents you with an unaccomplishable task

I don't know about that. By trying to log in you get placed onto a list to get an invite to the beta (or at least that's how it was yesterday). I tried to log into the app yesterday afternoon, couldn't because I didn't have an invite, but got a message saying that my interest had been noted or something. Then this morning I had an invite when I turned on my computer.

If anyone is looking for a good home for an invite please send it my way.

I got into the Steam Mobile about 5 minutes ago, I can invite someone in, but apparently I need to send an email.

First person to shoot me a PM with their email addy gets it. :)

I got into the Steam Mobile about 5 minutes ago, I can invite someone in, but apparently I need to send an email.

First person to shoot me a PM with their email addy gets it. :)

ygpm

EDIT: Thank you, sir. :cool:

After I tried to log in yesterday. Mine now works today. So if anyone downloaded the app and tried to sign in. They should be able to log in now and it work. Thanks

Just got "Account Not Part of the Beta" when I logged in.

nice, i just got in today ... looks like they opened a ton of slots

Back