Steam links are $15 at Amazon

Criticalhitkoala

[H]ard|Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Surprisingly effective product at an unreasonably good price.

With my AC 3100 router I get 6ms of lag time introduced over two floors. (Basement to upstairs). It works great for 1080p gaming in the bedroom - even for FPS games.

I already have one for the living room but at this price I went ahead a picked up another for the bedroom. Thanks!

Yeah it's really cool. You can easily pick up a i5 3570k or i7-3770 system for pennies on the dollar, put it in a closet with a geforce 1050 and literally have a gaming pc anywhere in the house that does solid 60fps 1080p on most titles using one of these. I did that with the 3770k system I have here that I could't sell on the buy/sell forum. It's got a decent little video card in it and it's hosting steam games to 3 of the rooms in the house. The only issue is my wife loves her blue xbox controller so she has to lug it around, or I'm about tp spend more on controllers soon :)

I still got a Steam Link BNIB and still sealed collecting dust on my shelf. Dunno why I bought it, guess an impulse buy. Haven't got the controller yet either.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the controller. When xbox one controllers go sub $35 I tend to pick those up.

I've heard you either really enjoy it, or really hate it. I really do love my 360 controller, but just wanted something new to play with.

I'm a big fan of the Steam controller. But I grew up unattached to console platforms and never developed a preference (XB v. PS) The Steam Controller was simply a huge improvement over the previous one, which was a Logitech Rumblepad.

The typing is pretty cool. But I'm in the distinct minority on this one.

BTW, the Steam Controller Case is selling for $5.00 on Amazon too.

Works well, though a decent HTPC setup works equally well. I bought one to see if there was any difference between it and In-Home Streaming on an HTPC - none really that I can see.

Still, far cheaper with this thing to get Steam games on any TV in your house.

Sold by Amazon is temporarily out of stock. You can still backorder at $14.99 if you go down to used and new and select the Amazon.com listing.

Sold by Amazon is temporarily out of stock. You can still backorder at $14.99 if you go down to used and new and select the Amazon.com listing.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I went ahead and back-ordered one. I have been meaning to hook up my system to my projector in the other room, but Link may just be the easier way to go for now.

Hmm do I want to buy another one...Mine bricked after it updated yesterday it's stuck on the pick a language screen.

Ill take one for $15 if someone wants to part with it. I actually thought I had ordered one but didn't realize I left it sitting in my cart. Send me a PM if you have one and ill sent PP gift plus $5 for shipping if you have Heat.

Got the controller and Link today. Link literally took 3 minutes to setup up, no frame loss due to a direct connect. This is exactly what I needed. Now I can use my Pi elsewhere.

The controller is weird as fuck, but I assume it takes awhile to get familiar with

I backordered one on Amazon, but do you have to use the steam controller with it? I don't really wanna mess around with that thing, and it's expensive as hell.

So glad Steam Link is now a native app on my Samsung TV. I can get rid of my Steam Link box.

It works well with my older wired Xbox 360 for PC controller. It also works well wirelessly with my XB1S controller (needs to be the newer ones with Bluetooth). Steam controller not required.

Heck it works fine with this oddball mini keyboard I bought with the idea of setting up a Raspberry Pi box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CE70TZC/

Haven't had time to mess with it much yet but for $15 in rewards points, it's looking pretty snazzy.

How does this stack up vs Geforce streaming on the Shield TV, thats what I am currently using, and it works ok, although a bit laggy at times.

How does this stack up vs Geforce streaming on the Shield TV, thats what I am currently using, and it works ok, although a bit laggy at times.
I haven't tried what you mentioned, but this thing works great even on WiFi. I was playing Batman AK on my TV over the weekend and no lag at all on WiFi. The only I haven't found is, my monitor resolution is 3k, but my tv can only output 1080p, so the text are too small to see.

Recently noticed that mine now has a status of "Arriving on Monday" since I backordered it a bit ago. So I'm guessing these backorders at 15$ are actually shipping.

Kinda surprised they're fulfilling the backorders. I expected a cancellation a week after no-show.

Received mine earlier today. Hell even if it doesn't end up working that well (which thus far it looks like it's working just fine), the cost of all the cords, adapter, and box alone is probably worth the 15 bucks. This was pretty much a steal....

Back