cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Steam Link app has gotten a new Beta update and it adds on-screen touch controls to the app. This means that you no longer need to use a controller with your Steam Link to play games on devices such as mobile phones. It even taps into the phone's gyro and vibration features to allow for a plethora of options in controlling your games including per game control customization.

The heart of the editing mode is the tray, which will pop up when you pick 'Layout Controls' from the [ ... ] button. From here, you can drag controls out of the tray to place them, select 'Edit Layout' to move/scale/remove existing controls, 'Cancel' to clear all changes since you last saved, or 'Done' to save your changes. To place a control, simply touch it and begin dragging it. The tray will close, and you can place the control where you want. If you grab the button diamond or the Select/Steam/Start buttons, they will come together as a group for quick placement.

Seems that you just need this.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.steamlink&hl=en_US

I was streaming some Monster Hunter World to my phone just then. It worked flawlessly and was easy to use. It even has a keyboard and everything. I used the Bluetooth adapter connected to my PC and a Steam Controller although it asked me about the new touch controls. There is a physical Steam Link in my house, but I never set it up.

Nice. Does this mean I can play games with Windows 8/10 native touch controls on my tablet?

Or is it just touch controls that emulate mouse and keyboard?

It would be nice to play Sid Meier's Civilization with native touch controls remotely on my tablet.

Nice. Does this mean I can play games with Windows 8/10 native touch controls on my tablet?

Or is it just touch controls that emulate mouse and keyboard?

It would be nice to play Sid Meier's Civilization with native touch controls remotely on my tablet.
It seems to be using the Steam Input API. So it wouldn't matter what your tablet is running, Steam would allow you to add touch controls to the game. I believe that my phone is just using the Bluetooth adapter in my PC or my WiFi to connect to my PC. I played Monster Hunter World on my phone, but I was using my Steam Controller as the input. At 4 in the morning the last thing I wanted to do was drag controls on my phone's screen. :)

It seems to be using the Steam Input API. So it wouldn't matter what your tablet is running, Steam would allow you to add touch controls to the game. I believe that my phone is just using the Bluetooth adapter in my PC or my WiFi to connect to my PC. I played Monster Hunter World on my phone, but I was using my Steam Controller as the input. At 4 in the morning the last thing I wanted to do was drag controls on my phone's screen. :)

Yeah, but it looks like the touch screen emulates a controller or keyboard and mouse, which is kind of a bummer.

I wish it could just pass through raw touch data to those titles that natively have touch controls on Windows 8/8.1/10 devices witj touch screens.

Back