Steam link and controller back on sale - 35$

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Got the Steam Link the last sale and was floored by it. Far superior to my Nvidia Shield for local game streaming.

But it has its issues as well. Well worth $35.

Can they raise the price of the Steam Link by a penny so I can get it delivered today? :(

Moving on Saturday and I don't think I'll be able to run an HDMI cable from my computer to my projector as I have in the past.

I still can't wrap my head around that gyro aiming. Is it really more accurate?

In for a Link. Nice.

Too bad their hardware sale doesn't include the Vive...

I still can't wrap my head around that gyro aiming. Is it really more accurate?

take into consideration that consoles have aim-assist implemented with use of controllers because of how inaccurate they are. So if you think about using an Xbox controller or whatever on a PC and try to aim with it - it's pretty difficult.

The Gyro really helps with doing the tiny quick movements like from torso shot to head shot in an FPS for example. As opposed to trying to make that flick motion with a joystick, it would overshoot it unless you're really honed in your controller skills.

That being said, I don't use it for FPS - I fuck around with it occasionally, but yes it is more accurate

Am I able to connect a regular pc usb controller to the steam link? I just got used to a PS3 style controller for Windows to play my steam games on and I'd rather not try to get used to a different controller and layout.

I read you can hook a PS3 controller via the blue tooth built into the steam link. I just got mine in today and so far it works really well but I haven't tried my PS3 controller

Thanks. Just ordered one from Amazon (prime). I'll test it out on friday when it gets here.

Back