Steam Link $19.99 @ 'Zon

I got a steam link at Valve's Winter Sale. I dig it. Its a nice piece of hardware. And great for casual couch gaming. Wifi is so so, but works, and rj45 worked fine.

I use mine, love it. As pc1x1 said, wifi is so so, best suggestion is hard-wire the link for sure. Having a good router helps too. :D

I use mine, love it. As pc1x1 said, wifi is so so, best suggestion is hard-wire the link for sure. Having a good router helps too. :D
Yea, and the worst thing is, even with a good router, it's still so so.

I have the Asus RT-AC5300 Tri-Band 4x4 AC5300, which is one of the best prosumer routers available to my knowledge, and was still so so. Just FYI. Lastly I believe you can also sync the Steam controller to it, without the dongle. The steamlink doesn't need one iirc

Where was this deal two weeks ago! :ROFLMAO:

Still debating on the Steam Controller. I love the PS4 Controller, especially now with the official support.

New XBOX One S controllers are officially supported wirelessly now. This feature sold me on the Steam Link.

Link+Controller Combo on Steam is $49.48 plus shipping.

Amazon still has the link for $19.99, and the controller for $34.99 plus a free case.

Pretty tempting. I don't NEED either one, but at the price I kinda want them....

I bought one of these & it wasn't really usable on wireless.

However plugging it into a wireless bridge with multiple antennas doing N worked quite well.

I had 1 for 1 tv, picked up 2 more for other tvs or gifts.

In my opinion the steam controller is pretty good but I was not able to get used to it. However with official support on the Xbox 1 S controllers for wireless this is pretty tempting. Do you guys know if you can use the windows dongle for the older xbox one controllers?

question for those of you with one.... my rig is on usb wifi. i have my router by my entertainment center so i can easily RJ45 the link to the router but since my rig aint wired, would that be a problem?

question for those of you with one.... my rig is on usb wifi. i have my router by my entertainment center so i can easily RJ45 the link to the router but since my rig aint wired, would that be a problem?
Not a problem. If the USB wifi has a high connection speed.
I bought one of these & it wasn't really usable on wireless.

However plugging it into a wireless bridge with multiple antennas doing N worked quite well.

I had 1 for 1 tv, picked up 2 more for other tvs or gifts.

My asus ac3100 router adds on 4-6ms of lag time to the steam link. That's inpercievable to me in gaming.

Last edited:
Is there somewhere to test how much lag time is added for wifi vs wired?

Yes. There is a testing tool on the steam link to give you exact latency numbers.

Back