Steam Link $19.99 @ Amazon daily deal

Bullitt

2[H]4U
Amazon has the Steam Link as a daily deal today, for $19.99 Prime Shipping. Caveat: it's expected to ship in 1-3 weeks.

Edit: You must select "Other Sellers" and pick "Amazon.com" for the price. Sorry, was trying to remove all excess garbage from my URL.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bit for $20. That's a good deal. I wouldn't buy one if it was regular price.

Thanks OP!

I purchased one last week for the same price on Amazon. I am surprised how well this works and how playable it is. I have my laptop in another room connected to 5hz WiFi with the steam link wired in the living room. I can barely feel any input lag.

Can you use this as a remote desktop? I mean launch steam and alt tab out of it and run other programs?

Can you use this as a remote desktop? I mean launch steam and alt tab out of it and run other programs?

Indeed you can. It's can't be used for privileged operations like installing desktop programs, they may be around this it Steam is running as an admin. And it doesn't work with protected video content. But yeah, it's a cool way to remotely use a desktop for the most part and little lag.

I picked one up, off to a rough start.

I have it wired and get a green status under network performance. Picture quality even with the beautiful stream quality option selected isn't that good unless standing still, blocking and smearing. While trying to play just cause 3 and fallout 4 I get a blank screen with sound. Not sure what that is about, need to research a bit. I have updated the unit and enabled the beta mode, but no joy.

So far not sure if it's worth $20.

If I can get the blank issue figured out I'll work on the quality

FYI, you can also get it for the same price on Steam.
steam.jpg

Back