Steam Link $14.99 @ Steam

maro

Gawd

The Steam Summer Sale has started (where are you Sickb0y?) and there are some deals on the hardware.

If any of you were on the fence when they were $20 this might make it easier to decide. I would not be shocked if Amazon matches in the next few days.

Just bought one of these for $20 last sale... Barely used it. If you have a semi-decent HTPC this is pretty much superfluous.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
I use mine all the time. My PC is upstairs and I stream from it to the living room. Some games are just better with a controller on the couch. As long you are are hardwired on a gigabit network it is flawless. I just finished my first playthrough of Nier Automata using it with no perceptible lag. $14.99 is well worth it.

Edit: I even bought all the Dark Souls series over on PC just to get 60FPS and it is way better than my PS3/4 versions.

I use mine all the time. My PC is upstairs and I stream from it to the living room. Some games are just better with a controller on the couch. As long you are are hardwired on a gigabit network it is flawless. I just finished my first playthrough of Nier Automata using it with no perceptible lag. $14.99 is well worth it.

Edit: I even bought all the Dark Souls series over on PC just to get 60FPS and it is way better than my PS3/4 versions.

Yep, Nier is one I tested on it as well. Worked great.

Wasn't trying to say it wasn't worthwhile, but I did some tests between my HTPC using In-Home Streaming and the Steam Link, and there was no discernable difference (except the HTPC supports more controller types).

I got one on a 20$ deal a while back. I don't really use it to play games, what I do use it for mostly is playing movies and TV shows on the TV from the computer. You can minimize steam and have your regular old desktop. I also have a steam controller, it works well for normal UI navigation.

It was $7.99 for shipping from steam. GameStop has it for same price. I ordered it last night and I selected pick up at store and they had it there today. Just pay $1 in tax or something and have it in hand already.

Good product. Got it for 25$ cad last christmas and paired it with an xbox one controller

Back