Steam Holiday sales speculation

Krieger91

[H]ard|Gawd
It's almost that time of the year again, the time we reap the benefits of waiting for price drops on steam finally pay off! Black Friday is coming up real soon, then Thanksgiving, and finally the big kahuna of steam sales.. Christmas. So what games do you think will be on sale this year? Or what do you REALLY want to see on there?

I'm really hoping they'll have Assassin's Creed for $5 again (missed out on the last 2 times it was on sale) and hopefully AC2 as well. I played through about 30% of AC1 but never finished it. Repetitive for sure but it had an interesting story and the immersion was pretty good.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Darksiders sale. I was hoping they'd put up a deal during the THQ week, but no such luck.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Darksiders sale. I was hoping they'd put up a deal during the THQ week, but no such luck.
I almost bought it today, but got Just Cause 2 instead. I'd still like to pick it up so here's to 75% off. :)

hrm, I have some 220 steam games. really don't expect much unless they put some of the newer AAA titles up....

I predict my wallet takes a serious fucking beating.

In deed.
Also, my backlog will be extended well passed the steam summer sale.

I'd like to pick up RUSE, a decent city builder and a driving game, but have a real problem putting down $100 or more to satisfy that right now.

nothing I desperately need and I still have a massive backlog. Not sure my wallets gonna take much of a beating this time around.

I just finished Crysis: Warhead today btw. What a giant piece of crap.

I predict my wallet takes a serious fucking beating.
That's no prediction, merely statement of fact!

I'm hoping for huej discounts on RE5, BioShock 2, the Mass Effect series, and FEAR 2. To a lesser extent, I wouldn't kick a Dragon Age deal out of bed.

In deed.
Also, my backlog will be extended well passed the steam summer sale.

I'd like to pick up RUSE, a decent city builder and a driving game, but have a real problem putting down $100 or more to satisfy that right now.

For a city builder, go for Sim City 4 if you don't already have it. After that, I'd say Tropico 3 (both of which I'd be surprised not to see on sale soon). I'd avoid Cities XL 2011 unless it's like 5 bucks. Anything more than that, and it's not worth it. Horrifically buggy game. The only thing it has going for it is decent graphics. As for driving, NFS:S will probably see a discount during the holidays. That would probably be your best bet, again, if you don't already have it.

Yeah, id probably go for NFS: Shift

Wanting a discount on Arma II, torchlight maybe...., and whatever else catches my eye

I'm hoping for: Just Cause 2, F1, FO:3, Settlers7, Forgotten Sands, and a game or two that is <$5 and totally surprises me as to why I'd never heard of it and how much I enjoy it.

I'm hoping for: Just Cause 2, F1, FO:3, Settlers7, Forgotten Sands, and a game or two that is <$5 and totally surprises me as to why I'd never heard of it and how much I enjoy it.

JC2 is great fun, and has impressive visuals.

I've been holding out for months for Borderlands, and I'm fully expecting a GOTY Borderlands edition to hit for < $10. I'm all over it, waiting.. money in hand. Everything else doesn't matter because I dont blow money on games I'll never play.

There may be 1 or 2 other gems for a good price I might consider, if I know I'll play them. F1 maybe...

I've been holding out for months for Borderlands, and I'm fully expecting a GOTY Borderlands edition to hit for < $10. I'm all over it, waiting.. money in hand. Everything else doesn't matter because I dont blow money on games I'll never play.

There may be 1 or 2 other gems for a good price I might consider, if I know I'll play them. F1 maybe...

Shoulda just grabbed that last sale man. Was what 15$?

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who was waiting for a discount on FEAR 2 :D

Will be looking for some good single player FPS

I'm fully expecting a GOTY Borderlands edition to hit for < $10.
Don't hold your breath. I wouldn't expect to see it below $20. The cheapest we've seen before was $10 for the game and another $10 or so for the first three DLCs combined.

I would be surprised if Batman: AA wasn't on sale. I've almost pulled the trigger a few times, but I didn't because I already bought it for the 360. I'd love to play it in 3D on my PC, and I will if the price is right.

I bought everything on day one, because I never stop gaming (one to two hours every night, and often four hours on Saturdays, and Sundays, and sometimes all day on a holiday if it's cold and wet out), and need new titles to fuel me.

The only two titles that didn't get me (they get me, I don't get them), were Singularity, and the new Lionheart game from Neocore, makers of King Arthur The Roleplaying Game.

I'll take both for five dollars.

The Force Unleashed 2 is also of interest to me, though I might buy it before the sales start. I doubt it will go on sale anyhow.

I predict that most of the attractive packs of games won't interest me since I've got most of the ones I want, there might be some good single game deals but I'm not really after much so probably wont bite unless they're super cheap £2-3

Don't hold your breath. I wouldn't expect to see it below $20. The cheapest we've seen before was $10 for the game and another $10 or so for the first three DLCs combined.

It's an easy steal at $20.

borderlands was worth original full price. I had that much fun with the game. you guys waiting for the deep discounts.... whatever.

I'll take the vanilla game for < $10 then ;) But its what I'm hoping for, so I suppose we'll see :(

Hoping for a super-cheap Mass Effect 2, still havent played it and cant justify the amount its going for now for a one-and-done game. Maybe Mount+Blade, the demo was fun and if its like $5 I might pick it up.

Thats it really. Between Cataclysm, BlackOps and Civ5 I have a full plate of gaming for quite some time.

I'm really hoping for a deal on Transformers: War for Cybertron. I haven't picked it up all year in anticipation of it being discounted during the Steam holiday sale :p

I want doom 3 for a buck so I can play that new Hexen Mod.

I installed doom 3 this weekend just to install that mod. The novelty wore off pretty quick. I think I'd rather play the original Hexen with the old school graphics

hmm other than JC2, I cant think of any other game out that I'm remotely interesting in. Maybe MW2 for $10 or Black Ops for $25, but ofcourse that aint happening

Hoping for a very cheap batman AA as I'll finally have time to play it around Christmas. Not much else I'm really hoping for.

It's like you all are game hoarders. Who the hell needs 220 PC games?

I find one or two a year I like, most others suck ass or don't interest me. I'm still playing BFBC2 after 4 months.

Bioshock 2 is worth it at five dollars.

I was hot and cold on that game, only because the original, being an original, was so much more intriguing. There's no controller support for Bioshock 2, which was hugely disappointing since the original supported it beautifully. I loved slowly creeping around corners using the analog movement of the controller, and feeling the force feedback whenever Big Daddies were near.

It's like you all are game hoarders. Who the hell needs 220 PC games?

I find one or two a year I like, most others suck ass or don't interest me. I'm still playing BFBC2 after 4 months.

ITS A STEAM SALE DAMMIT! HAVE YOU NO HUMANITY?? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

ITS A STEAM SALE DAMMIT! HAVE YOU NO HUMANITY?? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

mNvew.jpg

Back