Steam Holiday Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked on the Gamespot forums but I'll ask here too. I'm tempted to buy Resident Evil 5 but I don't want to pay for a game that was made for co-op. Is the game enjoyable playing solo or do you need to play with a friend to have fun?

Want to know the same thing. Anyone play it here? Worth 25 bucks?

Picked up L4D2 on Amazon for $30, just got L4D GOTY for $7.50 on Steam.

I personally don't think so, but that's based on my experience with the demo.

The game is clearly designed with co-op in mind, with about double the enemies compared to RE4, co-op actions, and a cumbersome inventory system that is shared.

And I'll tell you, if you're playing with that AI partner, good luck. She wastes healing items, she sucks at killing enemies, and the absolute worst offense for me, that ensured I would not be picking up the game, was when she blew up a barrel I was standing right next to and took away all but a sliver of my healthbar after I'd healed to full health.

Honestly, unless you've got someone to play with I wouldn't buy it, not even for $25. I felt like I got ripped off when I burned the free demo to a DVD to play, if I'd paid $25 for that I experience I would have been pissed.

Ghostbusters at 9.99 seems like a pretty good deal
Yea, it's worth $10, especially for the nostalgia and for a great CPU-physics game. NOT a terribly quality game compared to other recent titles, but well worth $10.

I personally don't think so, but that's based on my experience with the demo.

The game is clearly designed with co-op in mind, with about double the enemies compared to RE4, co-op actions, and a cumbersome inventory system that is shared.

And I'll tell you, if you're playing with that AI partner, good luck. She wastes healing items, she sucks at killing enemies, and the absolute worst offense for me, that ensured I would not be picking up the game, was when she blew up a barrel I was standing right next to and took away all but a sliver of my healthbar after I'd healed to full health.

Honestly, unless you've got someone to play with I wouldn't buy it, not even for $25. I felt like I got ripped off when I burned the free demo to a DVD to play, if I'd paid $25 for that I experience I would have been pissed.

Nice, thanks.

I paid full price for it on the 360 when it first came out and got 60 hours of enjoyment out of it. 10 of those hours I played with a friend, but the AI was a better teammate than he as he was learning for the first time.

$25 is a good deal.

Curse you, Gamestop, for cancelling my Borderlands order minutes before putting the game back up to full price! ::gnashes teeth::

Curse you, Gamestop, for cancelling my Borderlands order minutes before putting the game back up to full price! ::gnashes teeth::

Are you serious?
Fuck that, they'd never get my business again for a while unless they gave it to me after I bitched at them endlessly over the phone.

Are you serious?
Fuck that, they'd never get my business again for a while unless they gave it to me after I bitched at them endlessly over the phone.

Same thing happened to me on the TF2 for $2.50 sale on Steam. The sale expired while my payment was being processed. :(

I guess when they say the sale runs from such a time to such a time, they mean it.

I grabbed the Far Cry 2 deal for $9.99. Incredible game! I love the open world aspect. Only problem is I need a new gfx card to really get the most out of it.

I grabbed the Far Cry 2 deal for $9.99. Incredible game! I love the open world aspect. Only problem is I need a new gfx card to really get the most out of it.

Woohoo! Another fan!

If you like the game enough, please do another playthrough when done the first time. On each mission, take another route into the mission. It's really like a whole new game! (it is a whole new experience...)

saturday -

Left 4 Dead: Game of the Year Edition - 75% off
Order of War™ - 75% off
Resident Evil™ 5 - 50% off
Ghostbusters: The Videogame - 50% off
SPORE™ and everything else SPORE™ - 50% off
Trine - 50% off
City of Heroes® Architect Edition - 50% off
Borderlands - 33% off

Yeah it's awesome. I'm really worn out on the corridor style of shooters. I really welcome an open world game these days.

What card are you running it on? I'm using an 8600 GT, and it runs fine, just doesn't look as nice (medium settings).

The only negative I have had is that I need a CD key to play the multiplayer, but I bought the game on Steam.....

Yeah it's awesome. I'm really worn out on the corridor style of shooters. I really welcome an open world game these days.

What card are you running it on? I'm using an 8600 GT, and it runs fine, just doesn't look as nice (medium settings).

The only negative I have had is that I need a CD key to play the multiplayer, but I bought the game on Steam.....

Right-click on the game in the games list and "View game CD key."

Right-click on the game in the games list and "View game CD key."

Usually the Steam copy pops up a window EACH TIME YOU RUN IT after you first buy it ('til you tell it to stop that!) so you're well aware of what the Mp key is...

I'd say 9800GTX+ is lowest for 1280x800 (what I used when @ 1280), 4870x2 (what I have now) lowest for 2560x1600...

I hope those of you who are signing the praises of Far Cry 2 hopped on the THQ deal and got Red Faction Guerrilla, which in my opinion is a much better open world game in nearly every regard.

Honestly, it was the game I wanted the most out of the pack, and I'd say it alone is worth the $50 I paid. Everything else is just gravy :).

I just caved in and bought RE5. I hope there aren't too many good games the next two days.... actually I hope they just happen to be dirt cheap.

L4D is a bargain at 7.49

no joke

L4D2 can be had for $29.99 at EBGames/Gamestop

I hope those of you who are signing the praises of Far Cry 2 hopped on the THQ deal and got Red Faction Guerrilla, which in my opinion is a much better open world game in nearly every regard.

Honestly, it was the game I wanted the most out of the pack, and I'd say it alone is worth the $50 I paid. Everything else is just gravy :).

I was going to snag it by tomorrow anyway... But yeah, RFG looked worth it alone...

Order of War any good?

passing on RE5 still for now... (never mind that I've never played any of the other RE games, too...) I never play these darn games anyway, so I'm forcing myself to try and not pay more than $10 anymore... Passed on Dead Space for that reason alone... If something causes me to suddenly want to play it, I don't mind paying full price if I can say "I actually played it..."

I want to know tomorrow's deals today! /stomp_feet

Best Buy currently has Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadows of Chernobyl for $5/ea. (PC of course)

Played a couple of levels of Trine. Graphics are quite pretty. Works pretty well with my Logitech Rumblepad 2.

2 more hours, What games you guys hoping for deals to come for out of this? Im hoping for SH (Shat Horizon). I don't know what other games i have missed out on.

Ok, even though I have way too many games already I read too many good things about Trine to pass it up at this price. I started playing about 2 hours ago and wow what a cool game. The levels are very pretty and it is a nice change on the platformer genre.

2 more hours, What games you guys hoping for deals to come for out of this? Im hoping for SH (Shat Horizon). I don't know what other games i have missed out on.

A want a fun game in the $2 range.

I really wish we knew what was coming next haha. I'm gonna regret not buying Trine I know it.

At this point, I'm hoping for Lego Starwars, complete saga for $5. I have every other game I want, and I loved Lego Batman. Seriously great games.

EVE Online: Apocrypha
EVE Online is a massively multiplayer game. Hundreds of thousands of players compete within a single persistent universe for military, economic and political power....
$4.99

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection
The Battlefield 2: Complete Collection features the following: Battlefield 2 (v1....
$14.99

Lucidity™
From the team that re-imagined The Secret of Monkey Island™, comes Lucidity, an addictive puzzle platformer set in the surreal childlike dreamscapes of the little girl Sofi....
$2.49

Trackmania United Forever
TrackMania is the most entertaining car racing game ever. Millions of players play it in single or multiplayer modes....
$19.99

Prince of Persia®
The critically acclaimed Prince of Persia® franchise returns for the first time on next-generation platforms with an all-new epic journey....
$14.99

World of Goo
World of Goo is a multiple award winning physics based puzzle / construction game made entirely by two guys....
$4.99

Guild Wars ® Trilogy
An award-winning online fantasy epic awaits. No subscription fees! Step into Guild Wars®, the award-winning fantasy online roleplaying game enjoyed by millions of players....
$24.99

I'd like the BF2 collection, and possibly Guild Wars. Lucidity wouldn't be bad just to have at that price either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back