Steam Holiday Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm...deals do not appear to be that great.

hopefully they are changing that shit, cause that selection is just terribad

nah, Dead Space for PC had some issues, mostly related to control, I believe some were complaining even with mouse sensivity jacked up, they had problems turning, it was slow and sluggish, but anyway, I have it for PS3, and i'd imagine that anyone who has a console and wants this game would rather play it on console since that's what the game was designed to be played on. It's pretty cheap to find new still, like $19.99 for the 360 version and the same price or slightly more for the ps3 version.

It IS however a good game though.

I enjoyed dead space on pc.

And they found a work around for the slow mouse controls. If you disable vsync the game works just fine.

Can anyone post the new deals for those of us behind a firewall?

Cities XL Limited Edition: $24.99
Majesty 2: $9.99
Dead Space: $14.99
Madballs in Babo: Invasion: $2.00
Mini Ninjas: $14.99
Star Wars: KOTOR: $2.49
L4D2: $37.49

Here's the question.... do I pull the trigger here for L4d2, OR, do I roll the dice and wait untill the Amazon deal appears?

Here's the question.... do I pull the trigger here for L4d2, OR, do I roll the dice and wait untill the Amazon deal appears?

I'd say that depends on your location. If amazon ships free and you don't pay tax, then Amazon is likely the better deal. And there's no dice rolling anyways as this steam deal is all day long so just wait for amazon, check it out and then make your choice...

get madball in babo. I paid full price and i love the game. The online is great

I enjoyed dead space on pc.

And they found a work around for the slow mouse controls. If you disable vsync the game works just fine.

Good to know. I (and I imagine others) will consider buying it again now.

get madball in babo. I paid full price and i love the game. The online is great

These $2 deals are a good idea. It gives exposure to these independent (I think?) devs, it brings in more dough for a game that not only would I have not considered @ $10, but I doubt I would have even noticed it, either. Osmos certainly didn't appear that simple of a game...

Funny how hammered Steam's website seemed to be right at the time the games switched. Hope people weren't in a hurry to buy and download the next batch of games. I imagine download speeds are at a crawl...

Any chance MW2 will be included in these deals one of these days? I just can't see paying $60, but I do want a multiplayer shooter now.

Any chance MW2 will be included in these deals one of these days? I just can't see paying $60, but I do want a multiplayer shooter now.

I don't think that's happened the last two years, but then again WaW was 50% off not too long ago, as I grabbed it for some reason (I've never played a COD game, starting at WaW felt odd...)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Grab up that COD4 deal for $23.00 @ Amazon
If you're remotely having a good time with WaW you should like COD4MW even more

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Mod..._6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1259293214&sr=1-6

Thanks, but buying WaW (impulse buy Steam sale...) motivated me to get all of the others already... Haven't played any of them yet (haven't bought MW2 yet...), but I thought I'd start at the first game, although I believe they're all stand-alone games without reference to one another...

FWIW - I bought games like Q4/FEAR/SS2 on release day (four years ago and counting on some) that I haven't played yet... Only exception to that rule has been Crysis... Otherwise I buy games I might never play... Devs certainly can't blame me for any shortcomings!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn you steam... There goes my money... AGAIN
Dragon Age for $37
L4D2 for 37
THQ complete pack for 50
KOTOR for $2.50

Man I broke down and picked up:
Osmosis, Dragon Age: Collectors Edition & KOTOR

Trying to get a PC copy of L4D2 at gamestop for $30 this afternoon.

I want Dead Space, but if there is a better deal tomorrow on a different game I'll be mad. I only have $40 :(

My bank account hate Steam sales - pulled trigger on L4D2 :)

161 games in my Steam account total

I snagged KotOR too. Hard to beat these huge (albeit old) titles for such low prices. I'll skip a muffin in the morning before classes on Monday or something. :p

Grabbed Osmos yesterday, too. Some of the levels are a lot of fun. Some can be a tad frustrating, but overall I'm enjoying it.

[Edit: really, really not liking the epicycles and zen attractor levels of Osmos -- everything else was loads of fun. Also, KotOR is still downloading from this morning, haha. ~50kbps, compared to the usual 2.5mbps+. Their distribution servers are getting slammed.]

Last edited:
Grabbed KotOR, hopefully keeps me entertained until my xbox returns.

Borderlands: 33% off.
Spore: 50% off.
City of Heroes: 50% off.
Trine: 50% off.
THQ Pack: 50% off.
Resident Evil 5: 50% off.
Order of War: 50% off.
Ghostbusters: 50% off.
L4D GOTY: $7.49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back