Steam Holiday Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up Dragon Age, figured I was going to pick it up eventually. Not sure on Batman though.

Oh man, I am about to die ... I just added GRID and Osmos to my cart thinking ... "No big deal. Wife won't care..."

Then I got to looking at the THQ pack. It has Dawn of War II, and on top of that, I don't own a SINGLE GAME in that whole package. I borrowed Titan quest from my little brother once, but never had time to beat it and gave it back. This is especially tempting because most of those games will run pretty well on my laptop's 9400M.

I am feeling like I would be insane to pass on this deal ....

Edit: I do have Stalker. But that's the only one. Haven't even installed it yet. Having games on Steam is always nice.... CURSES to these deals. They hate my wallet.

So... two months and I can get DA:O for $19.99 w/all downloadable content.
I want the game, but I'll wait.

Is Batman better PS3 or PC?

ijust bought this game last saturday from g2play. net and downloaded it thru ea downloader for $23

the game is really good a must buy

GRID is by far the best deal here. It is a great game, sitting betwen arcade and simm for those casual racers. If you are serious about your sim racing, iRacing has a coupon code for $79 annual subscription, I think I will bite, dammit ...
THQ pack is awesome as well, however, I do own half of the tiltles separately, and without Clear Sky it is not worth th $50 for me.
Waiting for the next round of Steam sales.

Bought Osmos and PvZ... Started playing Osmos and I have to say, no one should be hesitant about spending $2 on that game. It's a pretty chill game, just like the reviews say :D

I got to looking at the THQ pack.

I am feeling like I would be insane to pass on this deal ...
You would be insane to pass on this deal if you don't own a majority of the games. CoH and DoW are solid games. My favorite RTS'es by far. With the Chaos Rising expansion coming early next year for DoW2 this pack is definitely a must buy, imo.

I already own every game I want on the list, however, so no buy for me ;)

In for GRID. I've played it before and loved it. I would get the THQ pack, but I would never have the time to make use of all those games.

Even though I had about 3 games of that pack already and about 9 of the games I'll probably either try once or not at ll, that's still 6 games that I've been wanting for the longest time for $50. 'Sides, at least I'll never have a shortage of entertainment :D

Individual price $389.82

Cost to you $49.99

You save $339.83

SOOOO TEMPTING!!!

I hope they do a BF2 sale, even tho I already own it, Id love to add it to steam just to keep things simple
Also hoping for L4D2, but I dont see that happening

DAMN YOU STEAM!!! Spending all my money that should go to folding parts :(

Last edited:
I grabbed Osmos (and Plants v Zombies from the non-holiday deal).

I'm tempted to go back and grab Batman. I'll wait til xmas for Dragon Age. I'd like to see 50% on the deluxe version, and I'll have more time to play it then.

Hmmmm....was Far Cry 2 any good? I just recently finished Crysis, it seemed like a better spiritual successor to Far Cry than Far Cry 2. I only played Far Cry 2 for a minute or so, so I couldn't really make a judgment.

$7.50 for grid? That's a steal

oh yeah!!! patience pays out on this one.. been waiting for this to go sub 10$

w00t!

also picked up Dragon Age, can't remember the last time i spent more than 30$ for a game.

K got the THQ pack. I sold all my lineage stuff and had $1300 on paypal anyway.

Fallen Earth looks like a cheap knock off of Fallout series but is it any good?

Hmmmm....was Far Cry 2 any good? I just recently finished Crysis, it seemed like a better spiritual successor to Far Cry than Far Cry 2. I only played Far Cry 2 for a minute or so, so I couldn't really make a judgment.

I love FC2, GOTY, but I'm aware I'm the only person in the universe to give it praise...

FWIW - you honesly cannot judge FC2 without playing it for a few hours... The first few missions will seem (and frankly possibly are) the exact same thing... the first hour I ever played the game I hated it, and posted my comments as such... (The first hour's also a tad confusing 'til you understand the nature of it all)

But you play it as you choose, so you can choose to do the same missions over at the beginning (eventually you'll have to anyway, and it's to your advantage to do so...)

I know the above is vague, but it's because I don't want to give anything away, but also don't want someone to give up on FC2 without at least giving it say three hours of gameplay...

I love FC2, GOTY, but I'm aware I'm the only person in the universe to give it praise...

FWIW - you honesly cannot judge FC2 without playing it for a few hours... The first few missions will seem (and frankly possibly are) the exact same thing... the first hour I ever played the game I hated it, and posted my comments as such... (The first hour's also a tad confusing 'til you understand the nature of it all)

But you play it as you choose, so you can choose to do the same missions over at the beginning (eventually you'll have to anyway, and it's to your advantage to do so...)

I know the above is vague, but it's because I don't want to give anything away, but also don't want someone to give up on FC2 without at least giving it say three hours of gameplay...

I actually enjoyed Far Cry 2. I thought the graphics were really good, and I loved having 55 square miles of terrain to drive around and shoot things. Fun game. I still haven't beat it, but I've put in a lot of hours of fun with it.

Damn Steam and damn Valve! My wallet can't take too much more of this! Just picked up Dragon Age, Osmos, and Batman (I really really want to play this despite the Securom being included). I dread to think what Valve will put on sale Friday and over the weekend.

Damn Steam and damn Valve! My wallet can't take too much more of this! Just picked up Dragon Age, Osmos, and Batman (I really really want to play this despite the Securom being included). I dread to think what Valve will put on sale Friday and over the weekend.

Me too... :(

My Sentiments exactly. I feel like I'm going to end up buying a bunch of games that I'll never play because I don't have the time!

However, I'll probably end up getting Batman and Osmos. Possibly even Grid too even though I'm already all raced out on racng games from Forza3.

That is exactly why I'm afraid to buy Batman.

My Sentiments exactly. I feel like I'm going to end up buying a bunch of games that I'll never play because I don't have the time!

However, I'll probably end up getting Batman and Osmos. Possibly even Grid too even though I'm already all raced out on racng games from Forza3.

Well you started off strong until you started listing games 1 by 1 by one that you were going to download. :D

+100000000000 QFT

Batman is so cheap, I want it, but I already have a pile of shooters to play through (including Fallout 3 as well as Far Cry 2).

Ahh, I'm DL the demo of Batman and hoping it convinces me to not pick it up yet but I'm sure the opposite will happen and my bank account will be $24.99 lighter later on tonight. :D

I got dragon age, liking it more than i thought i would after 2 or 3 hours

kills me that I just bought DA:O CE off steam just last week.

I'd get Batman AA but I've already played it to death on my PS3. Don't know if I can really justify buying it again, even at that price.

I jumped on Batman AA. I was on the fence about what to get it on since Amazon had it on sale too for 360/PS3, but I figured why not.

I'm waiting on a better deal on Dragon Age since GG has it for $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back