Steam Holiday Sale 2017

I remember getting Thief 4 for like 14.95 like 6 months after it was released I think they are trying to compensate for Steam Refunds ect...

The deals aren't as good as they once were and sites like CDKeys tend to have games permanently on sale at the same prices.
I miss the days of AAA titles being 1/2 off 6 weeks after release. Not just the ones that didn't sell well either. That wasn't that long ago either. It was maybe 2-3 years ago.
Everyone and their mom has purchased Tomb Raider for 1/2 off. How about some newer titles?

Made me laugh out loud, I swear every time I see a sale when logging in our just a popup from steam/email from them it is some Tomb Raider based game or expansion. Hilarious.

Quake Champions is the only game I want of all the games that are out.

hmmm wansn't updated at 12:00 pm maybe wait untill 1:00 pm or tomorrow.

http://store.steampowered.com/

It's up now and Quake Champions is on sale :p

Last edited:
Just me or these sales are not as good as they used to be?
Part of the problem is that I have seen most of these games for sale before and either I got them back during the early sales or I never wanted them to begin with and now there are few if any games I want at any price so to me the winter sale is not that big of a deal like it used to. Just how I feel about it anyway.

I picked up Wolfenstein II for $30 and Prey for $20. 50% off each and they're both pretty recent releases. I'm pretty happy. Those were the only 2 games I was really interested in and to see them 50% off on the first day surprised the shit out of me. I'm also hoping at least one of these will give me a reason to upgrade my GPU. I'm tired of still being able to hit 70+ fps on all my games with this nearly 4 year old card now LOL.

I just want Pillars of Eternity to go down to $15. It's always on sale for $17.99. <sigh>

I picked up Divinity Original Sin 2.

Holy crap.

Initially I wandered about muttering to myself about how small the little island was. Then....things just kept popping up to do. I think this is a better version of Spellforce 3. I bought that before this, so that is my reasoning on the statement.

We are at the point where I don't even look at steam sales, that boat has sailed for valve. With the death of flash sales and daily deals, there is nothing to get excited about. You get 50% off from a few titles, but that still puts them north of $20, which is not enough to get me spending on games that I wasn't that excited about in the first place.

We are at the point where I don't even look at steam sales, that boat has sailed for valve. With the death of flash sales and daily deals, there is nothing to get excited about. You get 50% off from a few titles, but that still puts them north of $20, which is not enough to get me spending on games that I wasn't that excited about in the first place.

Bingo.

Flash sales still exist, its called their weekly/weekend deals that go all year long.

Precisely. Steam sales no longer interests me. I don’t even look at them either.

Sadly, other gaming sale sites have these "Steam Holiday Prices" year round. Even if some of you guys are not sure if they are legit or not, I have never had an issue with any of them (GMG etc)

I'm tempted to pick up What Remains of Edith Finch for $12.99 as I keep hearing excellent things about the overall style and presentation...but I'll probably wait for the next sale when it drops under $10

anyone play the game?...impressions?

Quake Champions is a bust getting a refund couldn't find a single game.

I'll probably pick up Tom Clancy's Rainbow six if I get a refund.

I think I might grab Rainbow 6 Siege, otherwise nothing really interests me. I'll wait for Fallout 4 to get cheaper.

I was refunded in about one hour =)
I really wanted to like this game this is probably the end of all Quake games to come.

Last edited:
I picked up Divinity Original Sin 2.

Holy crap.

Initially I wandered about muttering to myself about how small the little island was. Then....things just kept popping up to do. I think this is a better version of Spellforce 3. I bought that before this, so that is my reasoning on the statement.

Divinity OS series is epic I'm keep putting the game off to the side I finished the first Divinity OS.

I was refunded in about one hour =)
I really wanted to like this game this is probably the end of all Quake games to come.

Surprising considering it was a part of the humble monthly in november or so.

Please don't insult me by pretending not to know what I'm referring to.

Oh please, don't get your feathers so ruffled. You're not getting the 75% flash sales or 8 hour deals anymore because of steam's refund policy. They still hand out 50% or better deals in their weekly/weekend deals all year round and that is likely the best deal you're going to get anymore.

Last edited:
Picked up Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe, been putting off buying it all year, deal seemed pretty good. Thinking of getting The Evil Within 2, but still haven't fully completed the first one. Might have to revisit it this week

Picked up Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe, been putting off buying it all year, deal seemed pretty good. Thinking of getting The Evil Within 2, but still haven't fully completed the first one. Might have to revisit it this week

Get the Hitler DLC

Back