Steam having problems - "This steam account doesn't own this game"

AceTKK

Gawd
So it appears something on Valve's end went awry and many, many, people are having problems playing Steam-enabled games today. No fix has been found yet, I guess we just have to wait for Valve to correct it. Here's a link to the long thread on the Steam forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492619

The forums are extremely slow, probably from all the people logging in to bitch about this problem.

I guess my friend is having the same problem, so you arnt the only one.

me three.. only on certain servers though. And only today :(

and people have a right to be upset.

Wow. Im trying to get on the steam forums to find a fix. Slow as hell.

No fix then, eh?

damn

im pretty sure this problem is all server side and should be fixed SOON, how soon, hmm, let me look into my crystal ball... ;)

same here, valve sucks when it comes to updates, everyone brings new problems

Yeah I was having some booting problems earlier today, as were tons of other people. Now I cannot play CS AT ALL.

Kingpin said:
same here, valve sucks when it comes to updates, everyone brings new problems
But valve fixes the bugs... Thus the difference between ea and valve...

Man, I remember back in the day when Steam was the buggiest piece of software I had ever used. It was getting better, but after this hiccup, I can see why people still have bad feelings about Steam.

"This Steam account does not own this game" errors -- It's a problem with the Steam servers (nothing on your end) and is being worked on by Valve.

From #Steam on IRC.

gta95 said:
Man, I remember back in the day when Steam was the buggiest piece of software I had ever used. It was getting better, but after this hiccup, I can see why people still have bad feelings about Steam.

I like steam, yes when it first came out it had bugs, but it seems pretty smooth now. Dealing with BF2 bugs and EA patches, steam heaven in my mind. With steam you know you're always up to date, you never have to download patches, install them, only to find that you need to re-installed the game, and download the full patch then install....yadda yadda to get it to work right. Which always seems to happen with EA. When I see steam updating...I KNOW that valve is still working on a game that is years old, and making great improvements. Kudos to Valve.

Back