Steam Halloween sale

I read on the Steam forums it was up for a while then it disappeared....maybe they are testing it out crashed or it starts tomorrow or Saturday....

Yeah, I saw it on my phone, but now it is no longer there. I guess it was a booboo.

I couldn't find any leaks on the net about it I searched this entire week all I could find were dates for the 2013 2014 sales.

WOW they must not need any money..... IF that is the layout and game selection.

Shovelware

Last edited:
So you can get Witcher 3 for $41.99 or the trilogy pack for $43.99...lol.

Kind of a garbage sale so far.

Has Witcher 3 been cheaper than $41.99 on Steam? It's $41.99 CAD as well which is nice, given our crappy exchange rate.

I do not want GOG (even though I love CD Project Red) or any other game clients so I'm willing to pay a bit more for a Steam key/version of the game.

I might wait for the Christmas sale since I still have a few more weeks of Dragon Age Inquisition to finish off.

Damn, I missed the portal 2 sale earlier this month and it's not on this sale.

Why do they even bother with this crap? Save the disappointment for the Christmas sale.

I love Valve/Steam but they need to get with the times and realize there are a LOT of other just as easy places to buy PC games at in 2015 that are offering better deals than them which usually involve a Steam key anyway.

It's probably been 2 years since I've been shocked at the deals available in a Steam sale. At this point they're about as underwhelming and uninteresting as a Woot off.

Damn, I remember grabbing 100 pack of games for like $20 - $30 on steam back in the day....

How are their Cyber Monday/ Black Friday deals usually?

Damn, I remember grabbing 100 pack of games for like $20 - $30 on steam back in the day....

How are their Cyber Monday/ Black Friday deals usually?

I remember that to. When you could snag good games like Mass Effect 2 for $5 a year after release. Steam sales are very underwhelming, but the market reacted. Can't be healthy to run those sales all the time or few would buy at full price, but when it was new it helped move a lot of older titles. The days of massive sales are likely over until the market slows down again. I suspects they need people to get back to spending big $$$ on games and after a few years we'll see a return of the obscene discounts to wow people and get them to buy stuff they don't really want.

Keep in mind the publisher it ultimately who sets the price for their game on Steam, including during sales. Valve does not set or interfere with pricing on games that aren't their own. I believe Valve gives *incentives* to encourage publishers to join in on a sale, but their involvement ends there.

IIRC, not ever publishers did huge discount. Ubisoft certainly didn't even when others did. Their CoD franchise for example never went below 50% for a long time. I also remember waiting a long time for Settlers 7.

I think more publishers are now moving towards Ubisoft's approach, especially for popular titles. As long as publishers are seeing more people willing to spend more on the games they want, they will be reluctant to introduce larger discounts. For example, right now GTA V is the top seller. This tells us that people are buying it at that slightly discounted price, even if we do not think it's anything significant.

Maybe that's what changed. Maybe more people are willing to spend more on the games they want today, and so these AAA publishers are less inclined to introduce larger discounts. After all, there are still 75% and above discounts, they just aren't AAA titles.

Ubisoft certainly had good sales back then, like 75% off all the TC games in an already discounted pack. But lately they haven't been putting their new titles down to $5, and they removed a number of their older games.

Outlast whistleblower DLC is only $2.24. I need some good horror for Halloween so why not.

Might have to get myself a copy of Dropsy, game looks like the sort of weird that I can appreciate.

So Lame - it lists Resident Evil 2 for 1.99$ on the sale page but when you click into it, episode 1 is 1.99$ Resident Evil 2 is 20$

So Lame - it lists Resident Evil 2 for 1.99$ on the sale page but when you click into it, episode 1 is 1.99$ Resident Evil 2 is 20$

It is not RE2 - its the episode type game of RE called Revelations. The $1.97 it shows is for Episode 1. The $20 is to get a bundle of episodes 1-4 and some other DLC.

Here are some tips from Sickb0y's last steam sale thread:

Steam sale FAQ for noobs
Don't buy a game unless it's a daily deal, community choice, or feature deal.
Usually the game you want will most likely end up as a daily deal, community choice,
or feature deal. Wait until the last day to pick up any game that wasn't part of the
daily deal, community choice, or feature deal.
Daily deals and community choice repeat, if you miss out on a daily deal or
community choice there is a good chance it will come back as a feature deal.
Make a wishlist of your favorite titles this way you'll be notified if it goes on
sale.

Last edited:
Here are some tips from Sickboyz last steam sale thread:

Steam sale FAQ for noobs
Don't buy a game unless it's a daily deal, community choice, or feature deal.
Usually the game you want will most likely end up as a daily deal, community choice,
or feature deal. Wait until the last day to pick up any game that wasn't part of the
daily deal, community choice, or feature deal.
Daily deals and community choice repeat, if you miss out on a daily deal or
community choice there is a good chance it will come back as a feature deal.
Make a wishlist of your favorite titles this way you'll be notified if it goes on
sale.

Only problem is that with this sale, it is just a long list of games for sale for a week. Does not appear to have any daily deals or community choice like their normal Holiday sales.

Only problem is that with this sale, it is just a long list of games for sale for a week. Does not appear to have any daily deals or community choice like their normal Holiday sales.

I don't think he even bothered to check the sale, he aint missing anything.

Interested in the Resident Evil HD Remaster but not for only 25% off......lame.:(

I see that. We're probably better off waiting for the Steam Thanksgiving sale in a month.

Back