Steam Halloween Sale 10-29->11-1

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/halloween2013

Is Aliens: Colonial Marines worth $5?

CLiver Berker's Jericho is a no brainer at $1.24, by the way. LOVED that game.

THanks, SolidBladez:
4e84ab284762202.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm going to bite on Sleeping Dogs for $5...tempted to get Machine for Pigs for $14 but it'll probably drop under $10 during the Christmas sale so will wait...same goes for Outlast at $13.32

Can someone post up an imgur of the front page? I'm at work. Can't view :(

Any chance The Wolf Among Us will be 50% off if I wait until the xmas/holiday sale? I was planning on buying it anyway so I might just go ahead and do it now at 10% off.

Almost tempted to buy 7th guest and 11th hour and play through them again. I remember really enjoying them the first time around but not sure how well they've held up.

Any chance The Wolf Among Us will be 50% off if I wait until the xmas/holiday sale? I was planning on buying it anyway so I might just go ahead and do it now at 10% off.

Almost tempted to buy 7th guest and 11th hour and play through them again. I remember really enjoying them the first time around but not sure how well they've held up.

There's no way, it just came out.

just bought the swapper. considering picking up typing of the dead. its $8 at greenmangaming after code.

Holy $#!T, I didn't know that Shadow Man was on Steam. Definitely going to pick up that classic for $2.49. Maybe a couple of others, too. Prototype has been on my wishlist for a while.

Want the new Amnesia but I'm going to wait. I think it sucks that Slent Hill: Homecoming, Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, and the Alone in the Dark games got poor metascores. All are franchises that I'm interested in.

Looks like all of the Legacy of Kain games are on sale, too! 75% off. You can buy them each for $1.74 or get all 4 titles for $4.99.

Awww ye Penumbra pack for $2.49. If you haven't tried any of the Penumbra series but like games like Amnesia then I'd definitely suggest giving it a shot.

Completely forgot Steam Halloween sale starts on the 29th thx for the reminder op ;)
in for Joe Danger bundle, the swapper, and ghostbuster sanctum slime that I will never play do to the crazy backlog :rolleyes:

GODDAMN STEAM and it's shuffling of sale pages.. im browsing titles and i click a game to look at description. go back and its gone. i have to look for it all over again. VERY annoying.

at LEAST let us freaking open new tabs.

Every God damn time
125s46h.jpg

Ended up getting:
Home
Limbo
Sleeping Dogs
Dead Pixels
Penumbra

not bad for $11

Is the steam store incredibly slow/not loading for anyone else?

Been like this for the past couple days for me, take sforever for it to load a page, even the website (through firefox) is slow as hell.

Is the steam store incredibly slow/not loading for anyone else?

Been like this for the past couple days for me, take sforever for it to load a page, even the website (through firefox) is slow as hell.
It's always like this during peak sale times. IE just after noon central time. Especially now that they started these shaddy Monday week long deals that stink up the pooper. Same as this Sale goes. Nothing out of the norm of normal sales so it's yet another passer for me. Other then the below:

It was borked for me when it first started. Zombie Driver HD had 125% discount and the game was -$2.49 lol
Already owned it though so I didn't have a green add to cart button to see if I could get away with several copies.

Bundle Stars has been making a mockery of Steam sales to where I really don't buy anything on Steam anymore. Well them Groupees and the Humble Bundle sales also.

Last edited:
GODDAMN STEAM and it's shuffling of sale pages.. im browsing titles and i click a game to look at description. go back and its gone. i have to look for it all over again. VERY annoying.

at LEAST let us freaking open new tabs.

Agree plus 1000

Is this the first time that they are discounting only 'spooky' themed games for the fall sale?

Agree plus 1000

Is this the first time that they are discounting only 'spooky' themed games for the fall sale?

I think this is specifically a Halloween sale and the Thanksgiving sale will be the actual Fall sale with little mini events, flash sales, and all the other typical jazz you've come to expect from a major Steam sale.

Agree plus 1000

I think you are confusing this with the annual "Holiday" (Christmas) sale, which is the biggest sales event on steam after the "summer" sale.

Spelunky worth $7.50? Just a Weekly Sale, but still.

It will drive you completely insane but you will keep coming back for more...

Took me about a week of casual play just to get through the first stages...

Steam isn't working for me on web or the interface...

I agree with the poster up top, I get a lot of BundleStars and Humble... I've been grabbing them for my kids for Christmas.. Up to 54 games so far and I don't know how many DLCs to go with a lot of them for my kids and I may have spent $25..

I ended up with 48 games for them last year and they like freaked out... have to top it this year!

Steam isn't working for me on web or the interface...

I agree with the poster up top, I get a lot of BundleStars and Humble... I've been grabbing them for my kids for Christmas.. Up to 54 games so far and I don't know how many DLCs to go with a lot of them for my kids and I may have spent $25..

I ended up with 48 games for them last year and they like freaked out... have to top it this year!
lol

Anybody down for a 4-pack of Darkness II before I bite on a single copy?

thanks steam. my bank account was tired of actually having money in it for once.

valve solves problems!

So what are the must haves on this list? I already have Amnesia, Outlast, Killing Floor, Limbo, TWD, Cognition, Alan Wake, Fallout NV, and I have no mouth and I must scream. Looking to take advantage on maybe 2 or 3 of these cheap deals to maybe hold me off until the winter sale. My 2 year old and newborn limit my play time...

So what are the must haves on this list? I already have Amnesia, Outlast, Killing Floor, Limbo, TWD, Cognition, Alan Wake, Fallout NV, and I have no mouth and I must scream. Looking to take advantage on maybe 2 or 3 of these cheap deals to maybe hold me off until the winter sale. My 2 year old and newborn limit my play time...

Clive Barker's Jericho is an all time favorite of mine. Fair warning, a sequel was never made to the ending is kind of rough, but the gameplay is very unique and well done.

It's also only $1.24. :eek:

Jericho had a lot of promise, it reminded me a lot of Hellraiser in terms of it's atmosphere and story a bit but the fps gameplay and switching between characters held it back.

The reviews weren't too kind to it either back when it came out.

Though for that price I'd say if you are a horror fan/Clive Barker fan it's worth it (it's not as good as Undying though).

Bit off topic but I can't wait for Clive's reboot of Hellraiser (which he's doing himself).

Picked up Sleeping Dogs and the DLC for it. Great price. May look at Jericho.. I believe GOG has Undying on sale this week.

How is Sleeping Dogs in any way shape or form a Halloween or scary/horror title? Cold Fear would have been a better fit, entertainment value aside.

Speaking of the DLC, I'm guessing it's worth it at the current price of $1.39?

How is Sleeping Dogs in any way shape or form a Halloween or scary/horror title? Cold Fear would have been a better fit, entertainment value aside.

Speaking of the DLC, I'm guessing it's worth it at the current price of $1.39?

Take a look at the Sleeping Dogs DLC.

That's why.

Back