Steam game launch issue

Jimi_Shuffler

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a problem, all of my games stuck on "scanning for steam games updates..." I tried disabling auto-updates for my games and tried to verify game integrity to manually update it, but still doesn't work, reinstall doesn't work either. This is how the message looks like

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5009/unled105.jpg

it would be great if I can get this issue solved asap. I miss playing my games. :( any help would be great, thanks

Are you behind any kind of network/firewall that might restrict or block access to the internet?

Only think I can suggest with steam assuming net access is unrestricted, is to uninstall steam and then delete the whole steam directory, then reinstall steam again. Make sure you download the latest installer from their website if you do that.

Don't forget to back up your games directory if you don't want to have to download them again. I just go into the Steam folder and move the games to another folder on my hard drive. As far as the error goes I've never experienced that one.

thanks for the replies, I was able to fix the issue before I went to work this morning. So I deleted everything in my steam directory except for the "steamapps" folder which has all my games and the steam executeable, works just fine now.

(mods please close thread, since issue has been solved, thank you)

Back