Steam: Frontlines: Fuel of war $7.49

I thought it was fun for a while, mainly just because of the robots you could use.

it's actually a really decent fps. Too bad many people have not revisited it. A steal for under $10 !!!

I think I'll pick it up. The single player sounds like its worth 7.49. Then again I feel the say way about Modern War...*chocked by a Guillotine ffrom behind*

7.50 isn't bad. These weekend deals and various sales are bringing me back into gaming.

I bought it during that D2D sale for 5 bucks. WORTH every penny of it. I beat the game singleplayer, never got online with it.

I bought it during that D2D sale for 5 bucks. WORTH every penny of it. I beat the game singleplayer, never got online with it.

What does it compare to as a single player game? BF, CoD? Is it a more shooting and less thinking game? Cause that's what I like. Thanks!

How is the character progression? Is it static like Battlefield 2142, where you rank up and get access to new stuff? or is it dynamic like a game of Enemy Territory?

How is the character progression? Is it static like Battlefield 2142, where you rank up and get access to new stuff? or is it dynamic like a game of Enemy Territory?

Same question here. Thanks for sharing. I am considering it.

Ha! I bought this game when it was $49. First week there was quite a bit of people playing online. Now there's no mp.

Purchased just for the hell of it. I figure legit multiplayer is worth $7. These deals are fantastic - I'd never purchase a game like this for full price unless I was really enthralled with the company or the title, but this should be fun for the price.

Yeah, this was on sale for $5 just a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure why people prefer D2D over Steam? (especially when the Steam version actually costs more?)

D2D is easy. You simply download the 'disc' from D2D just as you would go to the store and buy the game. I don't see what the problem is? For five dollars I thought it was pretty much a no-brainer.

Ah well, some people like to complain about things I suppose.

I bought the game the day it came out thinking it was gonna be the next BF since the devs are the same team that did the orignal DC mod for bf 1942 but was sorley disapointed. I tried to give it time and played on and off for the first year it was out. The game's MP is dead as a door nail, it's chance has come and gone a while ago. It's a meh game at best.

The SP is actually pretty fun. It's not great..but it's fun enough for the price it's at now. It's ashame the game got shit on right out of the gate because the publisher rushed it out and then made a backdoor deal with 1 Server company and pissed off the masses early. The game had potential but as with many titles anymore, they shit the bed out of the gate.

sigh I can't find any community, clan or mod sites for this. Think I'll pass. From the videos it looks like it has so much potential.

sigh I can't find any community, clan or mod sites for this. Think I'll pass. From the videos it looks like it has so much potential.

It did but the developers killed it. Made it into some gawd awful mess with their "patches". too bad. It really could have been great.

What does it compare to as a single player game? BF, CoD? Is it a more shooting and less thinking game? Cause that's what I like. Thanks!

It doesnt have "levels" like cod. At least not in single player. Its more like A medal of honor single player. Each level has a specific point which is indicated on a gps on screen that tells you the direction to go. You run with teammates who cant seem to really help much at all. Also, there is no sneaking up on enemies, the enemies know where you are and shoot you, not your teammates. You do not get to control your teammates at all though. In some battles you are forced to set up defense, ie auto turrets and stationary guns that you can run around and use to defend the point. When a level requires sniping, at the start you will be able to pick up a sniper rifle. Each level you will use different weapons and they dont follow with you throughout the game.

Its more of a shooting game for sure. Not much thinking, just grab a gun and run. However, sometimes using a remote helicopter or mini tank is needed due to the amount of enemies.

It doesnt have "levels" like cod. At least not in single player. Its more like A medal of honor single player. Each level has a specific point which is indicated on a gps on screen that tells you the direction to go. You run with teammates who cant seem to really help much at all. Also, there is no sneaking up on enemies, the enemies know where you are and shoot you, not your teammates. You do not get to control your teammates at all though. In some battles you are forced to set up defense, ie auto turrets and stationary guns that you can run around and use to defend the point. When a level requires sniping, at the start you will be able to pick up a sniper rifle. Each level you will use different weapons and they dont follow with you throughout the game.

Its more of a shooting game for sure. Not much thinking, just grab a gun and run. However, sometimes using a remote helicopter or mini tank is needed due to the amount of enemies.

Thanks for the overview. I'm going to pick it up as just want run and gun fun.

Single player is outrageously fun.

What's surprised me the most, however, is just how good this game looks, and on a Core i7 - GTX275 -Vista 64 - setup, the framerate is silky smooth at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out. I just hadn't anticipated such a visceral experience - stuff blows up all around you, rockets go flying through the air, soldiers come running around corners and launch projectile grenades at you.

You just get the feeling that the game shouldn't be running this smoothly.

Wow, for seven dollars this game is a steal. If you're on the fence about this, and if you've got a beefy system, run, don't walk, over to Steam and buy this thing. Surpassed my expectations by miles.

how long is the single player?

i bought this game friday night and finished the singleplayer campaign on normal in 7 hours. it was rather fun for what it is. going to play through again on the hardest difficulty.

i always wanted to try it out one day... at that price i cant go wrong i guess.

Unfortunately I bought this pretty soon after it was released. I played it for about 1 week and haven't touched it since :( Are there a decent amount of people playing online now?

Handy guide is the steam stats for people playing a game. On the weekend there were about 650 player playing the game (doesn't split between sp and mp though). Me thinks once the deal buzz wears off, we are looking at a very very small community.

i decided to not buy it and try finish the 3 overlord game i bought last weekend :D

Back