Steam: Four Days of 2K Sales

What is the standard steam pricing on Bioshock? Seems like it is at $5 all the time, but that might just be a never ending sale.
$19.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/7670/

Here's the link to the entire 2k catalog
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&publisher=2K Games

Bioshock 2 and Civ V are about the only games I'd consider at this point.

I own borderlands but never played it. I also own (and love) NBA 2k11.

What's the deal today?

First price shown is regular price. Next price shown is sale price.

Code:
Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition
 Released: Aug 23, 2010
Vito Scaletta has started to make a name for himself on the streets of Empire Bay as someone who can be trusted to get a job done. Together with his buddy Joe, he is working to prove himself to the Mafia, quickly escalating up the family ladder with
-75%
$39.99
$10.00
ADD TO CART

Mafia II
 Released: Aug 23, 2010
Vito Scaletta has started to make a name for himself on the streets of Empire Bay as someone who can be trusted to get a job done. Together with his buddy Joe, he is working to prove himself to the Mafia, quickly escalating up the family ladder with
-75%
$29.99
$7.50
ADD TO CART

Mafia
 Released: Sep 7, 2010
It is 1930. Due to circumstances he couldn't possibly have predicted, Tommy's life as a cabdriver is about to be exchanged for a life in the Mafia. At first he continues his work as a driver and nothing could be better. He soon becomes good friends w
-75%
$9.99
$2.49
ADD TO CART

Mafia II DLC: Jimmy's Vendetta
 Released: Sep 7, 2010
Jimmy's Vendetta will take players into an alternate perspective of the mob through the eyes of Jimmy, a mercenary. Jimmy is the guy the other guys call when they need to finish the job. Jimmy's Vendetta features dozens of intense newly created arcad
-75%
$9.99
$2.49
ADD TO CART

Mafia II DLC: Joe's Adventure
 Released: Nov 22, 2010
Play as Joe in this new add-on content. In this extension to the original story of Mafia II, Joe uncovers who had Vito sent to prison and what really went down with the Clemente family. In addition to the expanded story, players can explore new locat
-75%
$9.99
$2.49
ADD TO CART

Mafia II DLC: Greaser Pack
 Released: Sep 28, 2010
The Mafia II Greaser DLC pack is all about speed. These 2 new hot-rod speedsters will have you outrunning the police every time. Pair that with 2 new suits for Vito, one with leather jacket and heavy boots, the other a leather racing suit, and get re
-75%
$2.99
$0.74
ADD TO CART

Mafia II DLC: Renegade Pack
Show off your inner renegade in this new DLC pack. Start with 2 new cars, one with the slick styling and tight handling of a small sports coupe and the other with the revved up engine of a 50s hot rod. Outfit Vito in 2 new suits including leather and
-75%
$2.99
$0.74
ADD TO CART

Mafia II DLC: Vegas Pack
Bring a taste of old school Vegas to Empire Bay as you cruise through the town in 2 new cars with smooth handling and timeless lines. Vito shows his Vegas style in 2 new suits inspired by the period.
-75%
$2.99
$0.74
ADD TO CART

Mafia II DLC: War Hero Pack
The 40s wouldn’t be complete without a war hero. Vito plays the role well in the War Hero DLC pack. Drive 2 military style vehicles and notice the superior handling in all weather conditions. Vito looks sharp in 2 new military inspired suits, includi
-75%
$2.99
$0.74

Updated for Bioshock day. Both games are $5. $15 for a four pack of Bioshock 2.

If someone is going to start a 4 pack group buy, i'm in.

Also, the bioshock I purchased from GFWL takes FOREVER to load, think the steam one will work betteR?

I'm working on Fallout 3 right now, but I bought Bioshock 1 and 2 since they're supposed to be pretty good.

please remove that quote. I am not doing a group buy anymore.

Between incurring paypal fees and getting e-checks, I'm just not interested in screwing with this crap to save $1.25

You all are on your own

Last edited:
Probably going to grab both Bioshock games. I played the first one about half way through, twice, and then got distracted. I'll hang onto it until I'm ready to devote the time to finish it, and then I'll give the second one a go too.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I played Bioshock 1 and really enjoyed it. I've been holding off on 2 because I hear you play the whole thing as a big daddy. Is this true? Does that suck as much as I think it would? Need to know if I should get this or not.

I played Bioshock 1 and really enjoyed it. I've been holding off on 2 because I hear you play the whole thing as a big daddy. Is this true? Does that suck as much as I think it would? Need to know if I should get this or not.

Yes. Being a Big Daddy isn't really that different than playing Jack in the original. The game itself however....Well I guess its worth $5.

The first Bioshock game was a 10/10 IMO and the only thing wrong with it was the hacking of the vending machines got old fast. Bioshock 2 is a 6/10 IMO because it doesn't push the game further or advance the story much at all. Its worth playing through once, but it totally lacks the wow factor of the first game.

My girlfriend just offered me Bioshock from this sale :) I'll finally be able to play it! I didn't jump on Bioshock 2 though because of f@#&ing GWL. The only game I did get with that was Batman: Arkham Asylum and that was the exception because the game was really worth it, otherwise I avoid GWL like a plague.

picked up bioshock 2. i'm moderately interested in playing, for $5 i figure i'll get around to it someday.

should i get bioshock 1? is it essential to the story? i only hear that 2 is good =\

Considering that I was bored by Bioshock 1, and that my backlog is STAGGERING, I guess I should pass...for myself...

But I'll gift a copy to a friend ;)

Thanks.

Thanks OP. Had Bioshock 1 now I have Bioshock 2. Hope there is some players to be found in the multiplayer.

ok I just purchased a 4 pack of BS2 if you want one pm me and I will get back to you later. I'm on my way to work so it will be tonight before I can reply

Argh! I'm getting weird flickering in Bioshock appearing as black triangles here and there. It's driving me crazy as I can't find a solution anywhere.

Borderlands GOTY for 7.50 or 22.50 for 4 pack is one of the best deals Steam has ever carried, gaming value for money.

how are the DLC's for borderlands? new maps, or new weapons, or ?

In for Borderlands GOTY. Really wish I had faster internet so I could play it sometime this week though.

(From what I've heard/read)
-Moxxi's is the worst.
-The General one raised the level cap.
-Not sure about the Dr. Ned one or the Claptrap one.

The DLC pages for each do have the info on what they do. ;)

Picked up the Claptrap one though since that was the only one I didn't have. ;)
Looks pretty fun, I like the premise at least.
(I've finished the regular campaign but I haven't played any of the DLC's yet)

Only the third DLC adds new gear and vehicles. The first, third, and fourth are new areas with new enemies and missions, and the second adds an arena-style game mode as well as a bank that you can use to store items. The third and fourth DLCs also raise the level cap (the third raises it by 11 and the fourth by 8).

thanks for the info, sounds like they warrant the extra $2.50 over the standard game. i'll pick up the GOTY version.

Back