Steam: Four Days of 2K Sales

Oh yeah, definitely....if you're buying the game itself you might as well get GOTY just to get the level cap DLC's alone. They do have more weapons, vehicles, areas etc. but the level caps being raised are definitely worth it.

Yeah, the GOTY edition for $7.50 is one of the best deals I've ever seen on Steam. I've spent in the area of $70 on the game and all the DLCs and it was worth it. At this price, it's an absolute steal.

Borderlands is a really fun game, especially if your playing with friends. I always host an open game with 2-3 friends and then have random ppl drop in, a lot of fun.

Really tempted on this deal. I know it's well worth it but I'm afraid of all of the time I'll lose to this game. My family might get jealous.

All Borderlands DLC is worth buying. The GOTY @ 7.50 is THE deal. Do not get Borderlands without DLC, so do not buy Borderlands unless you are buying GOTY. Even if you only put 30 hours into the game and beat it one time never to play it again, the DLC is still worthwhile as it contains some of the funniest, coolest, most insane stuff in the game. It's not all high level DLC either the Zombie Island DLC tops out at fairly low level.

And seriously guys, don't even think about if the game is "worth it" at all, just think 3.5 words, "post-apocalyptic FPS Diablo" -- if that doesn't sell it, you are not the target market.

And seriously guys, don't even think about if the game is "worth it" at all, just think 3.5 words, "post-apocalyptic FPS Diablo" -- if that doesn't sell it, you are not the target market.

I'll add to that -
"Incendiary Sniper Rifle" and "Corrosive Shotgun" or "Corrosive SMG". Those were my favorite weapons; once I found them, I never dropped them.

If the thought of having a sniper rifle that sets guys on fire (which you get to watch from a distance while the guy runs around, on fire, screaming for his life) or a shotgun or SMG that burns enemies with acid (again, running around, screaming) doesn't tickle you in all the right places - well something's wrong with you. :D Keep in mind they also have vice versas of those....plenty of weapons in the game have elemental properties, whether fire, acid, lightning (useful for enemies with shields), and explosive. Acid beats everything though. ;)

I've only played/finished the game with Mordecai, but I'm definitely going to play through with the other 3 characters one of these days.

I'd say the General Knoxx is the best. Then Claptrap one. After that, Ned's. Moxxi is horrible. Also, it can be a very boring game after about the first half of the game. I'd suggest getting the game with a bunch of friends, so you can play together. It makes it a hell of a lot of fun then.

I'm in for Borderlands GOTY. I got the game as a gift when it came out and bought the General Knoxx DLC for it, but I can't use Steam DLC with the retail stuff. Absolute steal at this price.

Ha I was about to ask if it was worth it but got convinced rather quickly.
I am getting GOTY for sho.

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but I already own borderlands, can I buy the GOTY edition and then gift the GAME to my friend and keep the DLC?

Nope, it will replace you vanilla Borderlands. Costs the same as the DLC Bundle pack right now (both $7.50), might as well upgrade to GOTY.

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but I already own borderlands, can I buy the GOTY edition and then gift the GAME to my friend and keep the DLC?

I'd like to know this as well, I find it quite annoying that the DLC is the same cost as the GOTY edition.

Regarding splitting the DLC from the GotY, I don't think so.

In for one GOTY copy for my alternate Steam account, as well as the Clap Trap DLC for mine (already have the previous GOTY edition that did not include that DLC).

If you don't have any other game on your Steam account, you can just make a new Steam account. Buy the game on the new account and give away your old steam account. That's not allowed according to Valve, but they don't need to know.

I already own borderlands retail but no DLC They cost $9.99 each at gearboxsoftware.com.:mad: So I got Steam Borderlands GOTY for $7.50 thanks OP.
Can I use my old save games from Borderlands retail and copy them into steam save files?

Another vote for of confidence for this game. Got a late start on it since this is one of a very small set of games that just *don't fracking work* on 64-bit XP. (Ya, ya..) Plays rock solid on the 64-bit version of Win7, however. Moxie is apparently just an arena mod. The rest are pretty interesting. Was waiting on a sale to pick up claptrap.

The co-op is a good bit of fun too.

Would you even need to copy them? I figured, they'd both save in the same spots. Mine automatically saves into My Docs>My Games. That was the default location.

Gah! I already own the retail version of Borderlands and two of the DLC but I bought the Steam GOTY anyway.

About any way you slice it though it's cheaper to just buy the Steam GOTY edition to get the remaining DLC. Plus having the Steam version should make it much easier to find MP games ("-Random Friend- is now playing Borderlands"). :D

I had the vanilla version for consoles but I never finished it. I will be picking this one up for sure.

I just swooped it game of the year edition. Can you adjust the fov in the game menu or do you have to setup a keybind to do so? I remember reading about that when it first came out.

I just swooped it game of the year edition. Can you adjust the fov in the game menu or do you have to setup a keybind to do so? I remember reading about that when it first came out.
You can't set it in-game; there's a workaround you need to use.

Would having this game on Steam make it easier to find people to play co-op with?

I bought the game from D2D a year ago but there is never anyone online.

Would having this game on Steam make it easier to find people to play co-op with?

I bought the game from D2D a year ago but there is never anyone online.
It would be easier to find people on your friends list to play with, but other than that, it uses the same online system as every other version of the game. If you want to play co-op, your best bet is to play with people you know.

I had to bite on this. I passed on BS2 since the game is iffy but at the price they have on BL GOTY i would have a damaged brain not to get it.

Steam, you won again!

Updated for Borderlands day. Sorry it took me so long to get it updated, just got home like two minutes ago.

OK I'm a noob aperetly.. How do I get the DLC to work. I opened the game it says they installed but how do I launch them? Thanks

Damn, I missed the first day of the sale. I guess I need to pay more attention to the sales. I would have bought some Mafia II dlc.

Anyone having issues purchasing? I've tried a few times over the last several hours and it keeps saying -

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Doesn't seem like an issue with my payment method being declined.

Anyone having issues purchasing? I've tried a few times over the last several hours and it keeps saying -

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Doesn't seem like an issue with my payment method being declined.

Could be their servers are overloaded. Community has been up and down for the last few hours.

I'll have to try again after I get home in a few hours. Overload due to the sale maybe I guess.

Back