[Steam] EA Week 5/2-5/9

DS1 was 75% off and DS2 was 25% off. So $9.99 and $29.99. EA has DS2 for $23.99 this weekend.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to pass on Dead Space 2 then (I got the first one for 4.99€ when Dead Space 2 was released).

I was hoping for good deals on Need For Speed: Hot Persuit, Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2. Cyrsis 2 didn't happen and the other two offers are not juicy enough. Oh well...

Bit on Crysis Max even though I have both individual retail. At least this way I can sell the retails and keep them linked with my steam account. Now for a BFBC2 deal with Vietnam so I can ditch the retail BFBC2 and the digital Vietnam that I don't even think is working then bitch for my money back on it since it doesn't work. LOL

I already own it, but it really kind of miff's me that Crysis 2 isn't part of the "Crysis Day". Even 15%, just something....

I was kinda hoping Crysis 2 would be on sale, but then again, it probably would have been $30, and I think that is a bit more than I want to pay for it. Great deals on Crysis/Warhead, already own em tho. =(

I saw a couple Dead Space 2 comments, and I would say that if you have triple monitor, it is a must own.

I miss steam deals that were amazing rather than this logical "about what it's worth" stuff.

I miss steam deals that were amazing rather than this logical "about what it's worth" stuff.

Steam got huge, publishers decided they'll make more money giving worse deals and will having them hugely promoted. Even a couple dollars off can make people excited just because "its a deal".

Ah what the hell. Picked up the Crysis pack since i never played the first one.

They have Dead Space 1 & 2 for discount today. Reading the product pages, the plotlines sound like stereotypical cooke-cutter drivel but perhaps the gameplay's good.

Dead Space 1 was great on Xbox 360 despite somewhat slow-feeling controls. I'd buy Dead Space 2 but I wont be able to play it anytime soon, so I'll wait for the next sale.

4.99 for Dead SPace 1. Awesome.

I've yet to pay over 20 bucks for a game so I'll wait for DS 2!

Already have DS1 Played and beat DS2 on pc and 360 so I'll wait till it hits the right price before I pick it up. Anyone have an idea on what Sunday will bring? Something tells me it will be a lame Spore sale.

The thing that gets me down about DS2 on the PC is that EA will not release the single player DLC they did for the console versions. It feels strange to play a half-finished game on the platform. Its not the 1st time, that many console ports come to the PC, but the DLC doesn't! Hell, if you guys recall last year, there were stories that DS2 wasn't even supposed to come to the PC at all, we probably had to beg just to get it. Sigh, hate seeing the PC treated as a 2nd class citizen. :mad:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702484/dead-space-2-not-planned-for-pcs/

I've gotten Sims 3, Sim City 4, Crysis, Mass Effect 2, and Dead Space 1 so far.

I still have a backlog of games from the Christmas sale. Like Bioshock 2.

When I need a break form Eve Online I'll have like a years worth of games to play, heh.

The thing that gets me down about DS2 on the PC is that EA will not release the single player DLC they did for the console versions. It feels strange to play a half-finished game on the platform. Its not the 1st time, that many console ports come to the PC, but the DLC doesn't! Hell, if you guys recall last year, there were stories that DS2 wasn't even supposed to come to the PC at all, we probably had to beg just to get it. Sigh, hate seeing the PC treated as a 2nd class citizen. :mad:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702484/dead-space-2-not-planned-for-pcs/

one of my friend told me it was disappointing for $7.50

Bought BC2:Vietnam, Spec Ops DLC, Medal of Honor: Airborne, BF2 Complete Collection and Medal of Honor (hoping that the BF3 beta comes through like it says on there). $33 for all of that isn't that bad I think, especially if I really do get BF3 beta.

Bought BC2:Vietnam, Spec Ops DLC, Medal of Honor: Airborne, BF2 Complete Collection and Medal of Honor (hoping that the BF3 beta comes through like it says on there). $33 for all of that isn't that bad I think, especially if I really do get BF3 beta.

are you running X64? if so, you may have problems with installing Airborne.
can you report back and let me know?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1878112

Now THIS is a good deal :)
picked up Vietnam, MoH, and SpecAct DLC.

Any point in getting BF2? What's the VIP thing you get on your EA account if you own a previous BF game? Worth having for $5?

Last edited:
sooo tempted to pickup BF2 for $5, just to have it on steam and get rid of my PC-CD (yes...CD) version. i'm just not sure i'll ever get back into BF2 again...

Now THIS is a good deal :)
picked up Vietnam, MoH, and SpecAct DLC.

Any point in getting BF2? What's the VIP thing you get on your EA account if you own a previous BF game? Worth having for $5?

The Veteran program unlocks accessory guns in some of the other games. Like for Bad Company 2, if you own two other games, you can choose from the M1 Garand for all classes. There's an in-game gun similar to it, but it's neat to have available because you'll have it the moment you get online.

The Veteran program unlocks accessory guns in some of the other games. Like for Bad Company 2, if you own two other games, you can choose from the M1 Garand for all classes. There's an in-game gun similar to it, but it's neat to have available because you'll have it the moment you get online.

I tried to do that back when BC2 first came out, and their stupid online crap didn't recognize half of the legit CD-keys I used for BFV, BF2, etc.

I tried to do that back when BC2 first came out, and their stupid online crap didn't recognize half of the legit CD-keys I used for BFV, BF2, etc.

yep the VIP website was wonky back when BC2 launched. no idea if it's any better now, i haven't bothered to go back and try again.

Just bought BF2, BFBC2, BFBC2 Vietnam, BFBC2 DLC, and MoHA for $26. What a steal! I didn't buy MoH because I've played it already and I didn't really like it and for $15 that is still a bit expensive.

YUSSS! All that BF2 goodness without the disks?

Challenge Accepted!

(of course this means I need to install the new 1.5tb drive that I've been putting off.)

Back