Steam down?

Tudz

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone able to get into Steam? I disconnented earlier, quit and tried to log back in and it wont let me... seems like the whole thing has died, the stats have dropped from over 2 million online to only 250k online.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Hmm, odd. The Steam stats say the users online went from 2.5 million down to 150k but its picked up to 250k, so maybe it was just a brief hitch. I still can't reconnect though, lol.

So..

*insert minutes before end of world chaos here*

ALL MY GAMES ARE GONE STEAM IS SCAM !!!! TROLOLO!!!11!

just opened Steam though and it was able to connect (in fact it downloaded a couple updates to some games too).

Yeah, one of my friends said he managed to log back in but all the stats were down... personally I can't log in at all, it just comes up with "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers" and tells me to retry.

Friends got disconnected in Steam. Downloading an update to TF2.

So..

*insert minutes before end of world chaos here*

ALL MY GAMES ARE GONE STEAM IS SCAM !!!! TROLOLO!!!11!

just opened Steam though and it was able to connect (in fact it downloaded a couple updates to some games too).

I was able to login. I downloaded some updates. No steam friends. And it claims no connection at the bottom. However, the most important thing is that I was able to launch some games. So NO, no games lost!

Yeah some updates to a bunch of games right now might be doing it...

I'm getting some weird stuff on mine. Figures. Right when I finally decide to fork over some money for metro.

*edit, and just for the record, I'm starting to get really fucking tired of that email authorization number I have to keep plugging in when I want to use a different machine.

I'm getting some weird stuff on mine. Figures. Right when I finally decide to fork over some money for metro.

*edit, and just for the record, I'm starting to get really fucking tired of that email authorization number I have to keep plugging in when I want to use a different machine.

Disable Steam Guard and that should stop.

wasnt able to play anything last night from 7pm-12am. Didnt check this morning, but yes, it has been shitty.

They pushed some major patches last night. Took about 2-3 hours on my side, with a connection that should be able to do it in minutes (or better). Most of the servers were unstable, and my machine ended up locking up twice - once to the point where the three finger salute did not even work.

having problems to, I can log in, and join mp matches in tf2 but dont have access to my loadouts.

I've gotten back into steam now, played some orcs must die which I bought earlier tonight and all seemed to be working fine. Time for bed now though ;)

I have been a bit disappointed with Steam lately. Downloads in Australia on Steam are really patchy and unreliable. I got 1.7MB/s downloading BF3 beta on Origin and 2.4MB/s downloading TW2 V2.0 through the TW2 launcher... Steam has been a little bitch by comparison, I'm lucky if I get over 500KB/s and even luckier if its actually a steady download and with the download speed not spiking up and down erratically. It took the best part of a night to download just 25% of L4D2.

Steam download rates were par for the course a few years back for Australians... but now everything else has moved on but Steam is still downloading as badly as it was 3 or 4 years ago.

But wait, Steam is supposed to be awesome and bulletproof as opposed to Origin which is supposed to be total shit.

/troll

...*edit, and just for the record, I'm starting to get really fucking tired of that email authorization number I have to keep plugging in when I want to use a different machine.

You're getting tired of the security feature you enabled? Just turn it off... :confused:

So disable steam guard and have virtually no protection on your account. Don't come cryin' when your account gets hacked, though.

If you're logging into enough random computers that you encounter steam guard enough for you to be annoyed by it, you're one of the main groups of people that should be using it.

Last edited:
I have been a bit disappointed with Steam lately. Downloads in Australia on Steam are really patchy and unreliable. I got 1.7MB/s downloading BF3 beta on Origin and 2.4MB/s downloading TW2 V2.0 through the TW2 launcher... Steam has been a little bitch by comparison, I'm lucky if I get over 500KB/s and even luckier if its actually a steady download and with the download speed not spiking up and down erratically. It took the best part of a night to download just 25% of L4D2.

Steam download rates were par for the course a few years back for Australians... but now everything else has moved on but Steam is still downloading as badly as it was 3 or 4 years ago.

Check where your download location or region is set to in Steam, noticed really poor speeds recently and checked my location (eastern USA) and it was mysteriously set to China (something). Weird.

supposedly a major update was released....if u can't open steam, delete your clientreg blob{save a copy first} and try then, it worked for me, but it could've also been a coincidence.

Check where your download location or region is set to in Steam, noticed really poor speeds recently and checked my location (eastern USA) and it was mysteriously set to China (something). Weird.

Yeah I've checked that and have systematically gone through trying to specify different servers within Australia and it doesn't help. Some servers are definitely worse than others, but I haven't been able to find a "good" one for many games. Ocassionally I'll get lucky and have a game that downloads fast through Steam, but its rare.

Dirt3 came down within 5hrs for me....

Isn't DIRT3 about a 7GB download? If it took 5 hrs that's only around 400KB/s. L4D2 is almost 14GB and I think it was averaging less than 300KB/s. Pretty shit if you ask me, and I've had much worse recently.

SOME things download fast, like right now, DOW Retribution was downloading at 1.6MB/s. But that's a rarity more than a rule.

I have discovered if I'm getting shit downloads from Australian servers, its actually far better to swap my region to US which I find amusing... its faster to download from what is close to the other side of the world than download from the shitty Australian Steam servers.

I've been having problems with steam for almost 2 days now...

I can't connect to any BC2 games. It tells me to check my connection... grr.

Last night I could get logged on but every time I tried to play any of the games I have it told me Steam was unavailable and to try later. Then this afternoon all I could get was a 404 Error. A short time later a update was pushed through and things seem to be back to normal again. First time I have ever had a Steam problem and have had Steam about 2 years now. They must have had a internal problem and got it working again. If you try to log on and have a problem just let it stay that way for a little while. That's what I did. While looking up the problem it forced a update through and fixed it.

I've been having problems with steam for almost 2 days now...

I can't connect to any BC2 games. It tells me to check my connection... grr.

Activate your your key on Origin. After you download and install it you can run BC2 without Origin running, or even installed.

Back