Steam Dev Days Videos

Dude needs to shape up...
He got winded just talking for 8min.... :eek:

Other than that, Steam knows their $#it so this is nerd orgasm time....

Strange cause I thought I saw a recent picture of him way more thin than he was in this video..

Sounds like he's getting over a cold. Looked like he was trying to prevent a cough the whole time.

this man has a net worth of 1.5 billion dollars and is doing exactly what any of us would love to be doing (aka dream job)

it's mathematically impossible for him to give any less fucks about what peons like us say/do/think.

We all know he could get way way wayyyyyyy hotter women than most of us could get, and look at him.

Good for you Gabe -- good for you.

this man has a net worth of 1.5 billion dollars and is doing exactly what any of us would love to be doing (aka dream job)

it's mathematically impossible for him to give any less fucks about what peons like us say/do/think.

We all know he could get way way wayyyyyyy hotter women than most of us could get, and look at him.

Good for you Gabe -- good for you.

Watching him struggle to catch his breathe during an 8 minute presentation was very sad. Gabe is a visionary and it appears we will lose him far too soon if he keeps along his current path of living an unhealthy lifestyle.

Watching him struggle to catch his breathe during an 8 minute presentation was very sad. Gabe is a visionary and it appears we will lose him far too soon if he keeps along his current path of living an unhealthy lifestyle.

Yeah even for a big man he doesn't look good (health wise)

While I don't agree with everything he is doing, it would be a shame for him not to see everything come to fruition

I get the same way when talking to people for extended periods. Being nervous is makes it alot worse. Doesnt mean hes having a heart attack lol.

Yeah, I hope he takes better care of himself. As gamers, it would be a shame for us to lose him before his time. He seems pretty down to earth considering he's a super rich mofo.

Take care of yourself Gabe.;)

Always with the statements about Gabe's weight :rolleyes:

Can't we just focus on the presentation at hand instead of the constant microscope on how "Gabe" looks at this point in time? The man is a billionaire and has accomplished more than almost all of us ever will. I think he has the right to treat his body however he pleases.

I'd trust Gabe Newell & Steam to shape the future of gaming about as far as I could throw him. Ever tried to get a return on a Steam sold game even if it was a blatant piece of BS? (see X Rebirth and masses of other titles).

Of course he got rich, apart from a hooker being a dud fuck or buying parsley thinking it was weed it's the only game in town where you can peddle crap that "is not fit for intended purpose" and still have absolutely no recourse as a consumer.

Steam has its place but is it going to really drive standards? Gabe is just trying to grab a share of the console action without investing in a proper console and everything that goes with it. Free OS, free API, commodity hardware (albeit with a proprietary controller) It's all win.

Then you still get to buy your games through Steam and you still get fucked if they don't work because, hey, Gabe didn't code the game - he's just the middle man taking your money with no warranty.

It's the ultimate business model, all profit and no responsibility.

I couldn't watch the whole video. Just felt uncomfortable watching it as he was gasping for air while just talking to people for 8 minutes.

Always with the statements about Gabe's weight :rolleyes:

Can't we just focus on the presentation at hand instead of the constant microscope on how "Gabe" looks at this point in time? The man is a billionaire and has accomplished more than almost all of us ever will. I think he has the right to treat his body however he pleases.

but we give a damn about his contribution to us gamers, and we want to make sure that he lives until retirement!

Yeah I am worried about Gabes weight. Maybe he should get a lap band or something. I wish him a very long life ahead.

So maybe Valve has conditioned me to look for easter eggs and I'm just being crazy but...

What flashes on the screen between 2:48 and 2:49

Can't we just focus on the presentation at hand instead
The presentation was horrible... if you are going to be doing this as a living you should work on, I dunno, the ability to talk without looking as if you are going to pass out at any minute? It was just very distracting. It had nothing to do with his weight IME, if he was skinny and talking like that it'd be just as bad.

So maybe Valve has conditioned me to look for easter eggs and I'm just being crazy but...

What flashes on the screen between 2:48 and 2:49

i slowed the video down and its just another camera that got switched to for a millisecond,just a glitch.

People only comment on his condition because it actually affects the presentation. I hope he hires a personal chef and improves his diet so that he sticks around....he does not look good recently. You can't build your vision for games if you're dead.

Back