STEAM: Deus Ex-$10.00, Serious Sam BFE $13.00

Not sure how it's all that unexpected. Both of those titles were that price or lower around the winter sale times (maybe not on Steam, but other places).

Good deals on great games, though.

I'm pretty sure that's a low for BFE for steam. If not it's +/- like $1

Personally I think it's a good find.

i might pick up Serious Sam BFE just for the "oooh pretty colors" aspect. i've never played a SS game so no idea if i'll like it...but for $13 what the hell.

My pleasure. Also, if you originally bought the regular version, the "Explosive Mission Pack" and "Tactical Enhancement Pack" bundle is also discounted to $1.35 (regularly $3.99). Separately, without the sale, they would cost $4.98.

Good prices. If my backlog wasn't so large and I would get to these before the next big Steam sale where both will probably be $5 I would jump on this.

Are these extra missions?

the TEP gives you better weapons to start with, and the EMP gives you an extra mission which you can complete to unlock some explosives, I believe.

I have all the DLC for the game, due to me buying the game with the TEP included with the game, a fellow [H]'er gave me the EMP code, and I bought the Missing Link DLC for cheap during the Xmas Steam sales.

Well excuse the fuck out of me!

Lol. :rolleyes: I never said they were bad deals. I just don't see how it's unexpected for something to go on sale for a similar price that it's been on sale for before.

$5 for the DX:HR DLC is a good deal. Definitely not worth $15 IMO but for $5 it's a no-brainer.

On the fence about SS3 / Serious Sam complete pack. I'll see if I've finished DX:HR by the end of the weekend and decide then I guess.

The trailer for the daily deal (Mirror's Edge) is completely useless and tells me nothing about the gameplay, or if the game will make me nauseous. Off to find a gameplay trailer.

serious sam is super fun with friends

+1 on that!!! Played the earlier versions many times at LAN parties and online doing co-op with friends, and it is a frigging hoot!!!!!! Many laughs gaming with SS!!!

Grabbing 3 tonight for sure.

Fark-knockers, bought Deus-Ex HR before I realized it was single player only, thought it was co-op. Oh well another single player game to put on the back burner until I graduate, with current class load my social time is spent playing co-op or multiplayer games with friends to burn stress. I killed Batman Arkham City over winter break (thank you Steam holiday sale).

Deus Ex is tempting...

Been a long while I haven't played a single player game...

Thanks!

These are some great deals but with the size of my backlog I wouldn't get to it by the time it rolled around again at a cheaper price.

On the fence about SS3 / Serious Sam complete pack. I'll see if I've finished DX:HR by the end of the weekend and decide then I guess.

The trailer for the daily deal (Mirror's Edge) is completely useless and tells me nothing about the gameplay, or if the game will make me nauseous. Off to find a gameplay trailer.

I believe there is a demo you can download through Steam.

I didn't even notice they brought out SS2 on Steam with this. I've never played it and the video looks cartoony.

Any feedback on this game?

I didn't even notice they brought out SS2 on Steam with this. I've never played it and the video looks cartoony.

Any feedback on this game?

The consensus is that it's the weaker incarnation of Serious Sam compared to the first and third game, but it is still fun if you're a fan of the series.

The first and third titles are considered the best in the series.

Considering Serious Sam BFE. It's funny to look around at the reviews and feedback. It's either love or hate. Little to no in-between. I'm guessing everyone here really likes it? The last time I played a Serious Sam game was Serious Sam HD.

Anyone else have issue launching Deus Ex ?
What sort of issues? I just finished downloading it and it's launching fine for me, although some files failed verification the first time and about 12MB had to be redownloaded.

Back