Steam Deck Delayed

Krenum

Fully [H]
Delayed until Feb. 2022

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675180/view/3084396982306430712

"We're sorry about this — we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren't reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates," Valve says.

"Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping to customers in February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue."

Valve says that reservations will not change and those reservation holders will keep their place in line, but starting at the new date. Meaning if you were lucky enough to get a Steam Deck reserved for December 2021, your unit will begin shipping in February 2022.

Just got my email today about the delay. Supply chain issues, yadda yadda. Are we really surprised at this point?

Last edited:
Exactly, maybe with this delay they can work out any issues and game compatibility.
That is one way to look at it. Another is that the delay causes devs to stop working on compatibility wondering if the Steam deck will lose steam due to the delay. I prefer your take on this, but, well,........................

The hardware they are using isn't going to magically become newer either by the time its released.

The hardware they are using isn't going to magically become newer either by the time its released.
I don't imagine anything newer will be hitting the market either. This years supply issues are a pita.

I don't imagine anything newer will be hitting the market either. This years supply issues are a pita.
Last time I used a device that was under 1080p was before my Samsung note 3 around ten years ago. No thanks gabe

Back