Total Damage:
The Witcher: 6.79
Overlord Pack: 4.50
Osmos: 2.49
FlatOut: 2.00
Shatter: 2.50
Winterbottom: 2.49
Total: 20.77

Time to save another $20 for the Christmas sale ;)

I only picked up: L4D2 and Borderlands.

It took me awhile to get used to Borderlands.

At first I had to manually force vsynch to fix horrible screen tearing
Then I had to disable mouse filtering by editing one of the games .ini files.
Even after that there is still just something about the video and mouse movement that just seems to be off, i cant quite put my finger on it to explain what i am talking about.. best thing i can say to describe it is that it just does not feel smooth when i pan side to side in this game.

I tried editing various video settings, like disabling motion blur, and depth of field, but these modifications did not help.

I don't think this is a hardware issue as my GTX285 should be plenty to run this at 1920x1200, and FPS in my evga precision is always reporting 60fps.
I am also using the latest nvidia drivers.

I don't know if anyone else here has the same experience with this game?

Even after that there is still just something about the video and mouse movement that just seems to be off, i cant quite put my finger on it to explain what i am talking about.. best thing i can say to describe it is that it just does not feel smooth when i pan side to side in this game.

I tried editing various video settings, like disabling motion blur, and depth of field, but these modifications did not help.

I don't think this is a hardware issue as my GTX285 should be plenty to run this at 1920x1200, and FPS in my evga precision is always reporting 60fps.

I have had similar issues in other UE 2.5/3 games but Borderlands seems fine. sometimes just a different driver or setting maximum pre rendered frames to 0 in Nvidia control panel can help with UE 2.5/ 3 games can help. I am using the 257.15 drivers and again have no issues with the game.

Only got L4D2 and Civ IV Complete. Some deals were good, but most of the stuff that I wanted I already had it or was expecting lower prices, and I can wait on those.
Didn't feel quite as great as last huge sales, but I suppose that's better for me, so I don't spend that much money!

nope, and I have a GTX 285, playing it at 1080P.

Try the latest video drivers,as that is what I am running.

Also add me in steam ID, lundrog

In the end, I only bought EVE and Killing Floor. I have quite a few games that I bought during there Christmas sale that I still need to play. I figure that by the time that I am ready to play a lot of the games that were just on sale they will be even cheaper.

who got extra copies of borderlands? (who picked up the 4pack?)

Last edited:
once starcraft 2 hits the shelves, all these games i bought on steam will be obsolete for a little while to me

Come to think of it, I was hoping Splinter Cell Conviction would have had a better sale price. I believe it was around the $45 mark which still seems kind of high unless there was a package deal that I missed seeing.

Come to think of it, I was hoping Splinter Cell Conviction would have had a better sale price. I believe it was around the $45 mark which still seems kind of high unless there was a package deal that I missed seeing.
the game just came out a couple of months ago though.

Metro 2033 & Just Cause 2 were only out three months before they were already 50% off.

And what about that godawful abortion from Obsidian... what was it called... the spy game.... Alpha Protocol, came out 3 weeks before the steam sale yet was discounted 33% right off the bat. Even the people who paid 2/3rd are going to regret that decision.

And what about that godawful abortion from Obsidian... what was it called... the spy game.... Alpha Protocol, came out 3 weeks before the steam sale yet was discounted 33% right off the bat. Even the people who paid 2/3rd are going to regret that decision.

Not to rub salt in any wounds for anyone... but I got JC2 for free.

(Yes, through Steam...)

A while ago, Steam had a pack including all the Splinter Cell games except Pandora Tomorrow (and including Conviction) for $45.

A while ago, Steam had a pack including all the Splinter Cell games except Pandora Tomorrow (and including Conviction) for $45.

That pack was actually on sale again throughout this summer sale. It was never listed on the front page, but I saw it when just browsing through the different genres.

I have had similar issues in other UE 2.5/3 games but Borderlands seems fine. sometimes just a different driver or setting maximum pre rendered frames to 0 in Nvidia control panel can help with UE 2.5/ 3 games can help. I am using the 257.15 drivers and again have no issues with the game.

Thanks for the tip, i did not think of playing with the pre-rendered frames setting.
I will try this out next time i get a chance to play this game.
Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for the tip, i did not think of playing with the pre-rendered frames setting.
I will try this out next time i get a chance to play this game.
Hopefully it will help.

It was the Vert- that was driving me crazy, and the fix can make FOV switching disorienting, especially while driving. Why make a modern 3D game without full support for widescreen? It doesn't make any sense.

I only ended up picking up the THQ complete pack since it was 50% off and I was going to buy a couple of the games already in it. Although the square/enix one was tempting...

I picked up Cryostasis and Painkiller Overdose right before the sale ended. Both for under $6 total, why not? C drive is officially more than full now.

PB Winterbottom is more fun than Blinx. ;)

crap crap crap! I totally forgot about this. I want the last remnant which is now 40, but the whole pack with it included was 74.99. I would even pay more to get the pack but it's no longer on sale! :(

crap crap crap! I totally forgot about this. I want the last remnant which is now 40, but the whole pack with it included was 74.99. I would even pay more to get the pack but it's no longer on sale! :(

I played the demo of that and was not impressed. Seemed to be entirely devoid of "fit and finish." I usually like that style of game, too.

I made an impulse buy of guild wars trilogy and last remnant at full price. I played the last remnant about 40 hours in up until the conquerer comes into the story. I loved it, took a little getting used to though. 10$ in december, man does steam have email alerts for deals like this?

Back