Steam Deals! (Jun 24 2010)

i installed the galcon fusion demo in my steam and then i do delete local content, it deletes but the game remains in my steam library list. wtf?

I've been waiting for Defcon to go on sale for like $5, now I can darwinia, multiwinia, and some other game for free :)

I think I am going to have to bite on Serious Sam for $7.50..... loved the stupidity/goofiness of the originals.....

Seriously, some of these gamse are great deals! Steam is trying to waste all my time and take all my money. The bastards....

My wallet breathes easier today..24hr deals are not that hot at all.
[refresh] I stand corrected :D

AvP Classic 2000 $1.25 (75% off)
Ghostbusters $4.00 (80% off)
GTA: Episodes from LC $14.99 (50% off)
Galcon Fusion $2.50 (75% off)
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West $5.10 (66% off)
Alpha Protocol $33.49 (33% off)
Resident Evil 5 $12.50 (75% off)
Serious Sam HD: Double Pack $7.50 (75% off)

edit whoa they changed them. ! :eek:
AvP is a decent buy, SS:HD DP I will probably pick that up finally, that's almost too cheap not to.

What were the deals before they were changed?

What were the deals before they were changed?

A few of them were still full price, no discount. (I must have loaded the page while they were still changing the prices...I had a Steam window open and hit refresh as soon as the timer from yesterday hit 0:00:00)

I'm having problems buying games on steam (it's just not working)... it was fine yesterday and this morning but this afternoon I can't buy anything no matter what it is or what method I use, credit or debit.

Got GRID and Overlord pack yesterday. Super tempted to get Lead & Gold, the trailer videos look pretty awesome...

I'm having problems buying games on steam (it's just not working)... it was fine yesterday and this morning but this afternoon I can't buy anything no matter what it is or what method I use, credit or debit.

The servers occasionally get scrammed by what is doubtless a high load. I had a similar problem this morning. I couldn't even log in - not only that, it would tell me my login credentials were incorrect.

Just log out and try to log back in.

Got GRID and Overlord pack yesterday. Super tempted to get Lead & Gold, the trailer videos look pretty awesome...

Interested in Lead & Gold as well. Have any clue what the user community is like, or if anyone is playing it?

The "unable to buy anything regardless of payment method" thing can also be due to being flagged for suspicious activity (not that I know what that entails exactly). I had the exact same problem partway through the holiday sale and emailed them about it. They waived the flag on my account but I was still "stuck" at only being able to make one purchase per day. I just ended up making a second account and gifting myself other things I wanted to buy and that worked perfectly fine...

The servers occasionally get scrammed by what is doubtless a high load. I had a similar problem this morning. I couldn't even log in - not only that, it would tell me my login credentials were incorrect.

Just log out and try to log back in.

I had this same issue earlier. Was beginning to think someone hacked my account. I could log into steam, but not the website to buy games. Also, the new games I bought just hours before were not showing in game log in steam. But tried later on and everything worked again.

Weird...

Since package prices vs. individual prices came up, here's another package fail:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1847/

Brothers in Arms...

Package costs ~$34, individually they cost ~$26...

Strange thing is that both the package and games individually are all 33% off... Not sure where the fail comes from...

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3081/

I'm seeing $89.58.

That $79.99 for death to Spies is coming from the 1C Complete Collection price.

Exactly.

My account must be flagged for suspicious activity but I've got no idea why that would be, I always purchase stuff the exact same way, with the same credit cards, without my personal information changing, but this is not the first time I've had the problem (i usually use a debit card temporarily but today even THAT won't work).

My account must be flagged for suspicious activity but I've got no idea why that would be, I always purchase stuff the exact same way, with the same credit cards, without my personal information changing, but this is not the first time I've had the problem (i usually use a debit card temporarily but today even THAT won't work).

A week ago my Steam account made me prove I have access to the e-mail address that's associated with the account. First time for that, no idea what caused it.

A week ago my Steam account made me prove I have access to the e-mail address that's associated with the account. First time for that, no idea what caused it.

This happened to everyone. :)

I contacted Valve to let them know about the Brothers in Arms pricing error. Hopefully they correct it and the price of the package gets cheaper. :D

Strange thing is that both the package and games individually are all 33% off... Not sure where the fail comes from...

The fail is in the original pricing. Without any sale discounts, the package price is $50, while the combined individual prices are $40.

During the holiday sale it seemed to be an automated system that places the flag/hold based on the number of purchases in a certain period of time as an anti-fraud measure or some crap (I bought stuff every day then, sometimes twice a day when my brother who was out on vacation asked me to gift some stuff to his account). Apparently they don't loosen it up during sales when people are expected to buy more for some reason...I would email them anyway about it even if that's not the reason why you can't seem to buy anything.

During the holiday sale it seemed to be an automated system that places the flag/hold based on the number of purchases in a certain period of time as an anti-fraud measure or some crap (I bought stuff every day then, sometimes twice a day when my brother who was out on vacation asked me to gift some stuff to his account). Apparently they don't loosen it up during sales when people are expected to buy more for some reason...I would email them anyway about it even if that's not the reason why you can't seem to buy anything.

I remember during D2D's five-yr annv sale they'd have five games on sale everyday, but you could only buy three a day before their anti-scam measure kicked in. They loosened it pretty quick.

The fail is in the original pricing. Without any sale discounts, the package price is $50, while the combined individual prices are $40.

Well, that's just overall fail then... Like I said, I didn't understand where the fail came from...

Back