Steam Daily Deal: XCOM Enemy Unknown for $13.49

Don't touch this garbage (even at this price) if you liked the old XCOM games, Jagged Alliance, and Silent Storm. You've been warned.

Indeed.. I thought the game was pretty awesome. Not perfect by any means... hell pretty far from it in many ways, but it was still well done.

Decent deal. A few weeks ago GMG had a NBA2K13 and XCOM:EU combo deal for like $15. I sold the NBA2K13 key for $15 on ebay and so ended up with XCOM for free. Gotta keep eyes open for those combo deals!

Now you might ask, have I played a minute of XCOM? No, I'm too busy bargain-hunting up more crap I'll probably never play. But I've heard its a great game.

This game was easily one of the best games of the last few years. I already own this game on the PS3, but I had to purchase this one just so I can have a copy on my steam account.

I just bought it and the DLCs for $17. I enjoy turn-based strategy games and couldn't pass this up for the price. Now to make time to play it...

Confirmed, good game especially if you like the old Xcom. Granted its not as good as the original, however its still solid.

For anyone who has not played this yet, this is a great game! I've put in over a 100 hours into this and there are lots of sweet mods for this, if you find the vanilla game stale.

FYI according to the forums on CAG, Amazon will be putting this on sale for $10 by the end of this month, but not the DLC.

I have no loyalty to the original games, but I thought this game was GOTY when it came out. I rather enjoyed it and it really brought me back to playing with action figures again.

Now you might ask, have I played a minute of XCOM? No, I'm too busy bargain-hunting up more crap I'll probably never play. But I've heard its a great game.

This is why I will wait for $7.5 or less

$13.5 isn't bad but I still have school for another week (followed by like an entire week of sleep :p) so I'll wait knowing it will likely sit unused for a while regardless of what I pay for it

Don't touch this garbage (even at this price) if you liked the old XCOM games, Jagged Alliance, and Silent Storm. You've been warned.

Take off the nostalgia goggles. Other than a focus on a campaign instead of the randomly-generated word in the originals, the new X-COM is a worthy successor to the previous titles in the series. It's a ton of fun, it's brutally difficult on the hardest mode and the action is tense and nail-biting, which is hard to deliver in a turn-based game. It's a great title at this price.

I enjoy and still play all of the games you mentioned, and I found Enemy Unknown to be a worthy successor. It's not the same type of experience, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing at all.

Highly recommended game!

I found Enemy Unknown to be more true to the roots of the original XCOM: UFO Defense. I really like the new base interface and skills/perks upon soldier promotion. And I reeeally like the environment interaction for cover and defensive positions.

One improvement I would love to see is a dynamic camera that the player can manilpulate/position however they felt instead of the fixed pick your angled view from the four cardinal directions style.

Even with that being said, this game is totally worth the money!

Back